Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Del View Post
    Agree.

Granero is a very good footballer who i felt got rather unfairly slated and tarred with the same brush as others. He and Faurlin bossed midfield battles against City, Spurs and Chelsea among other when they played together. Quite simply you dont do this if you're not a good player. He was also a grafter and would get stuck in and chase back as much as anyone.

He was sent on loan because there were teams that wanted him and it got the wage burden off the club, it doesnt mean he wouldn't have stayed and fought if asked to do so.

I would love him to return especially if proven his fitness since injury as he would be a very good squad player next seaon, whether starting or coming off the bench. He and Barton could compliment eachother perfectly, or if we need to pack the midfield or have a flexible formation, i'd be very happy with a trio of Barton, Granero, Faurlin, with wide runners in Philips and Hoilett supporting Austin.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
      For all I know he could be better than Maradona. But I am talking about what he actually did when playing in England.
      Just say he has all of these qualities you talk about, he did not show them did he when he played in the EPL, did he get better as the season went on, when Jenas was doing well for example,
      but also the thing about England is that whatever your technique it is 100mph you have to be able to fight for your space and impose yourself on games, did he show that, when he played for QPR I thought Jenas/Townsend were better the same team and Niko/Yossi have been better this year
      And some of those are players who might not make the team next year, so Granero would need to massively improve on his first season
      But unless he is given the chance, we will never know!

Given that QPR don't have enough players at the moment, and they wouldn't want to go out and spend loads on new players, wouldn't he be worth giving a chance to show how he can play in the same side as Barton? if he flops he can always be dropped and sold loaned out in January.

Who knows, the experience he picked up in his 1st season in England might just help him to have a better one this time around.

I agree a settled 5 man midfield of Barton Faurlin Granero (if both have faully recovered), Hoilett and Phillips with Austin as the striker might just prove to be a very good option. This would mean that QPR do not need to bring in a host of new players who will need time to settle at the club and money can be spent on signing a new younger CB, a back up keeper, striker & RB.
      Last edited by stanistheman; 30-05-2014, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        But unless he is given the chance, we will never know!

Given that QPR don't have enough players at the moment, and they wouldn't want to go out and spend loads on new players, wouldn't he be worth giving a chance to show how he can play in the same side as Barton? if he flops he can always be dropped and sold loaned out in January.

Who knows, the experience he picked up in his 1st season in England might just help him to have a better one this time around.

I agree a settled 5 man midfield of Barton Faurlin Granero (if both have faully recovered), Hoilett and Phillips with Austin as the striker might just prove to be a very good option. This would mean that QPR do not need to bring in a host of new players who will need time to settle at the club and money can be spent on signing a new younger CB, a back up keeper, striker & RB.
        Spot on !!!!

Comment

Ideally we can move him on and free up his wage for a new signing. If not, then he may surprise a few but I doubt it.

Comment

Really hope not to see him again. Bosingwa had more good games for us than Granero.

Comment

The last time I watched him he needed far too much time on the ball.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Dont get me wrong, I do think he was absolute rubbish but if he stays ill back him.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                  Fair point. Games just passed him by - played 25 times and won 1 game I think.
                  not just his fault but what was he doing? The January signings Townsend, some kid who had never played in the EPL, came in and did great, Jenas scored a couple and won a couple, they did that in the same team Granero struggled in. Cant see how a long lay off due to an ACL will have improved him
                  I would love to see him back but would struggle to argue your well thought out points, I felt players like Mbia and Granero where put in the team too early, they should have been given a few weeks aclimatising instead of being brought on a Thursday and thrown in the team on Saturday, eased in slowly over two/three months we would have seen a different second half of the season from them.

Moving country, setting up home, getting use to your new enviroment takes time, I think we pushed them to quickly.

I think we should give them a second chance, but they have to earn it, those players that got us up get first dibs!
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

Lets not also forget that it's not necesarrily a case of a new player or two being pushed into thte team too quickly, the problem was we practicarly had a new 11 playing together from the off. There was no continuity whatsoever and it backfired big style. The pressure then mounted the longer the winless run went on and it escalated and compounded itself thereafter. All that rubbish doesnt help new players settle either.

Also, bear in mind, Mbia and Granero were bought in at the end of the window when heads and morale was already down after an atrocious start to the season, which made things even harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                      Really hope not to see him again. Bosingwa had more good games for us than Granero.

dilly dally's on the ball, slows play up, wouldnt win a tussle against the mighty tom caroll.

utter utter dross of a player. fark him off.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        wouldnt win a tussle against the mighty tom caroll.

Now you're just being ridiculous. Granero clearly liked getting stuck in a bit, whereas my 5 year old daughter could out muscle Tom Carroll.

Comment

It can well be that Granero´s style of play will thrive from playing alongside Barton.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

He IS a QPR player so he will be back.
                            The question is - does HR like him - we dont know but he started one game this season before being loaned out

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                              He IS a QPR player so he will be back.
                              The question is - does HR like him - we dont know but he started one game this season before being loaned out
                              Did he? Don't remember that.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                                Did he? Don't remember that.
                                Started a friendly or two and Huddersfield away iirc, maybe the league cup game.

Comment

Working...
                                X