No announcement yet.

Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Izzard wants you to vote remain. So does Yvette Cooper. There cannot be two better reasons to vote Leave

The rapster Akala was on Channel 4 as a lead spokesperson for remain in their referendum debate. We Brexiteers can only count our lucky stars he wasn't unleashed earlier. A formidable opponent. Failing to understand any question is a rhetorical ploy worthy of Antiphon, Protagoras or Cicero.

Comment

• Just left my local polling station. A word of advice for you all, take your own pen with you. They are only providing pencils
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Controversial, but ive decided to abstain.
        Not sold on either, and not really keen on being a pawn in whatever game is really at play here.
        Whatever will be, will be but not sure this country will be a decent place to be over the next few years. Hope im wrong.

What time is the result expected?

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          Sadly my friend, the expertise that the "majority" will have listened to is flawed in so many ways. Always skewed on "worst case scenarios" designed to scare the weak and vulnerable. Those that are easily scared are almost certain to vote in as they can't cope with the thought of things being worse and can't see the fantastic opportunities moving forward.

Whichever side we listen to, the one thing that is actual fact is that nobody knows what WILL happen, just what MIGHT, based upon who you choose to believe. That in itself should be enough to know that the chancellor is lying with regards to the need for an emergency budget. How can you produce a budget, based upon total uncertainty? That is just one aspect that proves beyond doubt that the Remain side are just lying and cannot be trusted.

With regards to immigration, this government has allowed almost twice the amount of non-EU migrants than they planned to. They have proven to be inept at dealing with what they can control, so I shudder to think of the mess they would make with what they can't.

Anyway, too late to be trying to convince people now. I fully expect that the result will be to stay in and we will have wasted the best opportunity we have had for many years to get back control of our country.
          I couldn't disagree more. The majority of the people I know are well educated, professional people (with a spread of political allegiances) but very few will vote to leave. They are neither weak or vulnerable. Such generalisations are bolllox. Some will - and almost entirely those that do are voting to leave for a very specific reason (personally impacted in some way).

Quite frankly the week and vulnerable are those manipulated by the media. (I've seen people actually linking Daily Mail articles!)

Re: immigration levels from non-eu, there's a reason for that, and it's a reason no (likely) Gov will change it either. If you think it's inept then you need to do more research. It's entirely deliberate.

I will agree with you that we are beyond the point of convincing people to change views at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Norths View Post
            Controversial, but ive decided to abstain.
            Not sold on either, and not really keen on being a pawn in whatever game is really at play here.
            Whatever will be, will be but not sure this country will be a decent place to be over the next few years. Hope im wrong.

What time is the result expected?
            Fair play Norths. At least you've looked at it with your own head and cant decide.
            would like to know the exact figure, but reckon its shocking the amount of people who dont bother voting.

Comment

• the local paper in Lyme done an on-line poll, In or Out. 264 took part and 80% voted Out
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• imo there is absolutely no chance whatsoever we'll even come close to voting to leave. the media coverage has been so one sided and there is so much invested in the EU project being a success.

for what it's worth i believe we would be better off in the long run if we left the EU. it's becoming increasingly irrelevant and is only going to become more centralised and bureaucratic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
                  Re: immigration levels from non-eu, there's a reason for that, and it's a reason no (likely) Gov will change it either. If you think it's inept then you need to do more research. It's entirely deliberate.
                  Assuming this is correct, then you have just proven that Cameron was lying in stating he would get it down to a certain level. Come now, if the people you know are well educated professionals, who aren't gullibe, then how do you explain him saying one thing whilst not really meaning it, if he isn't lying?

And now that you yourself have admitted he was, why should we trust the next set of lies he comes out with?

I have yet to hear one single argument in favour of staying that is anything other than an opinion based upon negative assumptions from the so called experts.

The reason for leaving is that we can control our own futures. Whether you like it or not, immigration levels play a key part in determining how much needs to be spent on schools, hospitals, the welfare system etc. You simply can't control one and not the other. It's common sense. I don't need to have been well educated to see it. And I would suggest that those that can't aren't as bright as you like to think they are.

Oh, Stanley. Very interesting video by the way. Certainly food for thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by FACTS View Post
                    imo there is absolutely no chance whatsoever we'll even come close to voting to leave. the media coverage has been so one sided and there is so much invested in the EU project being a success.

for what it's worth i believe we would be better off in the long run if we left the EU. it's becoming increasingly irrelevant and is only going to become more centralised and bureaucratic.
                    Couldn't disagree with a word of that.

And as Norths pointed out earlier, the repecussions of this referendum, particularly remaining, will inevitably lead to a whole host of other problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                      Assuming this is correct, then you have just proven that Cameron was lying in stating he would get it down to a certain level. Come now, if the people you know are well educated professionals, who aren't gullibe, then how do you explain him saying one thing whilst not really meaning it, if he isn't lying?

And now that you yourself have admitted he was, why should we trust the next set of lies he comes out with?

I have yet to hear one single argument in favour of staying that is anything other than an opinion based upon negative assumptions from the so called experts.

The reason for leaving is that we can control our own futures. Whether you like it or not, immigration levels play a key part in determining how much needs to be spent on schools, hospitals, the welfare system etc. You simply can't control one and not the other. It's common sense. I don't need to have been well educated to see it. And I would suggest that those that can't aren't as bright as you like to think they are.

Oh, Stanley. Very interesting video by the way. Certainly food for thought.
                      He was lying - and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Though I'd probably trust him marginally more the Johnson, Gove or Farage (well, a lot more than Farage).
                      Re: immigration is a RED HERRING. Jesus christ. Our immigration levels are NO WHERE NEAR as problematic as have been twisted by the media (hence why Gov's are not controlling non-eu immigration as much as they (lie and) say they will. They only say the will to win bloody votes because people are easily fooled by looking at the surface (what they can see) and now what lies beneath. The areas you mention suffer not through immigration but through the actions of our own gov - not the bloody EU. This is painful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
                        He was lying - and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Though I'd probably trust him marginally more the Johnson, Gove or Farage (well, a lot more than Farage).
                        Re: immigration is a RED HERRING. Jesus christ. Our immigration levels are NO WHERE NEAR as problematic as have been twisted by the media (hence why Gov's are not controlling non-eu immigration as much as they (lie and) say they will. They only say the will to win bloody votes because people are easily fooled by looking at the surface (what they can see) and now what lies beneath. The areas you mention suffer not through immigration but through the actions of our own gov - not the bloody EU. This is painful.

nowhere near as problematicv lolol,do you ever go out anywhere with youre eyes open?! laughable
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• He's right to be honest, immigration isn't as much of an issue as has been suggested in the press and net immigration will continue to rise no matter what happens.

Sadly they've convinced a lot of the population that voting to leave the EU means your xenophobic and could have no other logical reason for wanting to leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by FACTS View Post

Sadly they've convinced a lot of the population that voting to leave the EU means your xenophobic and could have no other logical reason for wanting to leave.
                            That's exactly what they have done. Seen it so much on all social media.
                            If you vote 'leave' you are a blatant racist, no matter what colour you are, you are still a racist. .
                            That's the scare tactic they have used to ensure its a 'remain' vote.
                            Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 23-06-2016, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Hes right it isnt as much of a issue even though the figures have nearly doubled as to what was promised and uncounted illegals here lol,n arf hearing some utter rubbish tbh lol
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Done my bit for my Ancestors and my Kids/Grandkids. Wouldn't think it will matter mind, fully expect a 55%/45% for the Remain side tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X