Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    I have a hospital appointment in the morning but I have made arrangements for the ambulance to stop by the polling station on the way back.
    That is dedication!....best of luck with your appointment, hope it's all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by gaza09 View Post
      We elected a right wing government, it's what we voted for.
      Why can't the left focus on getting a party elected to implicate the policies they want, instead of supporting an unelected beuracracy to dictate what they want.
      Actually it's what 37% of the people who voted for ,which is about 25% eligible of voters. We,as an electorate ,didn't vote for this government at all. Why can't the right focus on implementing a fair voting system instead of supporting a minority government that dictates what they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
        Actually it's what 37% of the people who voted for ,which is about 25% eligible of voters. We,as an electorate ,didn't vote for this government at all. Why can't the right focus on implementing a fair voting system instead of supporting a minority government that dictates what they want.
        And yet you didn't complain when Blair was elected on less of the share of the vote, the fact of the matter is more people voted for the Tories then any other party.

Comment

This may answer your question.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit...ferendum,_2011

Sorry, but your stuck with them until 2020
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
            This may answer your question.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit...ferendum,_2011

Sorry, but your stuck with them until 2020
            There is probably no fair election progress. Proportional representation can result in a minority party holding another party to ransom because of the number of votes it gets. Otherwise you can finish up with continual coalition which can result in nothing really being resolved and continuous change of governments. There has always been a lot of discussion about it, but actually it seems something people are not too interested in. As Dave said above we had a referendum and only 42% voted. In the U.S. they tend to vote for one party for president and another for the senate and congress. This used to work reasonably well, but as you know of late there is frequently deadlock.

I think the government actually works better together than is made out in the press, but that doesn't sell newspapers. They often have committees made up of all parties.
            Last edited by jmelanie; 23-06-2016, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Can get 7/1 on "leave" now. Is that based on early exit polls maybe?

Comment

• Will it affect the turnout?

http://news.sky.com/story/1716114/to...hit-south-east

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  Can get 5/1 on "leave" now. Is that based on early exit polls maybe?
                  I think they said there are no exit polls.

Comment

• Vote Leave. If only to stick it to the smug, self satisfied, complaisant left liberal elite sneering at you, telling you what to do and calling you names.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      Vote Leave. If only to stick it to the smug, self satisfied, complaisant left liberal elite sneering at you, telling you what to do and calling you names.......
                      You couldn't possibly mean this ##### could you.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-9874088.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        complaisant
                        And word of the day goes to '77!

I voted Leave weeks ago by post (as many others have done too). So looking forward to this all being over tbh. The way some people have been carrying on, acting as if it's a life and death situation has been so embarrassing.

Comment

• Loads of flooding here in Bexley and our polling station is affected but well done to those involved in the clean up meaning it was open at 7am, if a little treacherous
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• They have got pens.
                            #iVoted #VoteLeave
                            In vain I fear but we can only hope, but the majority of the British public will do what their heroes Katie price, Lilly Allen, David Beckham and Clarkson tell them to do I'm afraid..

Comment

• As Lord nelson said it is that" England expects that every man to due his duty" I'll add the rest and Vote OUT or as Micky Flanagan says vote OUT OUT

Comment

It's comments like this that ultimately swayed me to vote leave. Those on the left of politics using this referendum to push their anti-democratic political agenda at the expense of their own country. FPTP was voted for in a democratic election and the people of the UK voted for a majority Conservative government - get over it. Are you saying you would prefer to move the popular vote - in which case UKIP would have gained about 50 more MP's and the SNP would have about 2. Why can't the left just admit that they hate democracy and they hate the UK?
                                "Ever since you were born I always knew you were a bender!"
                                The Last Airbender - M Night Shyamalan - 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X