QPR v Leeds *Match Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
    What a difference to a team not having a load of half interested mercenaries down the spine and wings.

We have bought shrewdly and sold wisely.

When you see the level of effort you can understand the decision to let clint and ale go.

Polter a menace with finesse. Luongo, chery and Henry always closing down and springing the counters. The whole defence look rock solid (even from set pieces) cousins looking strong and quick and Young shodipo looks like a real ringer. A manager tactically aware and making the right subs.

Happy start to the season..... Anyone missing BAE?
    I did like his hairstyle TBF
    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
      Rob Green must hate this place lol
      his bank manager quite likes it though.

Comment

• We did really well and it bodes well for us to get off to a good start but let's not get carried away after the first game.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
          you mean weak link
          cheers mate.

Comment

• First time for years that we actually looked match fit at the start of the season.
            2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
              First time for years that we actually looked match fit at the start of the season.
              Very good point. For as long as I can remember we've not looked fit at the start of a season. Prob the Warnock era. Today just goes to show what hard work and some basic fitness can achieve. Leeds looked totally demoralised that we were in their faces pressing them high up the pitch for 90 minutes. We just kept going. A lot of teams are going to struggle with rangers this year of they press like that

Comment

First time for years that we actually looked match fit at the start of the season.
                Probably the first time since Warnocks title season

Comment

• Wanna say always been big Polter fan but how.quickly he has improved and how strong he is and his finiahing now and his ability to last a full game (He collapsed at end). Right now we need a back up striker, but thats it cant see why he wpuldnt be starting no matter whoecer came in. Love his passion.

Comment

and solid at the back. A big improvement, I did think we'd get a result today and posted it a while back, and the reason for that was I knew we'd be organised and fit from day one. Yes, Leeds were poor, but you can only play who turns up.

Comment

• Was that Ross Turnbull on the bench for Leeds? Another case of Green's reputation getting him the starting slot as Turnbull has to be better.

Comment

• This win will make our search for a striker and a RB(?) a lot easier, I should believe
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          This win wil make our search for a striker and a RB(?) a lot easier, I should believe
                          I think they maybe looking at a backup striker and I think JFH is happy enough at RB with Ned, Perch and Furlong. Only would happen if Perch left. Hope he doesnt although get if he wants to as he isnt gonna start.

Comment

• I see what you´re saying,nanocopic. A backup striker is what we need the most.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

• We still got Yeni and Areil to slot into that side. Got such high hopes, cos against Watford and today have both been the best we have had since promotion winning year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                Regarding Henry; I see him as the safe option in an opening match of the sason.
                                Excellent film too, Shania.

Comment

Working...
                                X