No announcement yet.

Fernandes in France today trying to tie up M'Vila

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't completely rule this out until its signed and sealed. Remember how Remy was on the verge of joining Newcastle and we snatched him from right under their noses.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      Not bothered really? Of course you are! You and everyone else would be delighted if he signed. Lets not get like Newcastle fans and pretend we never wanted him etc. If he goes elsewhere it will be a real blow, just ask Harry. If anyone thinks that's not a priority position and think 34-year-old Shaun Derry kicking the ball straight back to the opposition is sufficient for us to stay in the Prem then they must have been watching a different game to me at the weekend.
      But Derry isn't our only option is he. We have CMs in abundance. Yes M'Vila would be brilliant, but not the end of the world if we don't get him. However, if we don't get a CB in, it will be a big issue. CM we have the likes of Granero & Faurlin sitting there that could easily come in and do a great job for us. CB our hands are pretty much tied.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Not bothered really? Of course you are! You and everyone else would be delighted if he signed. Lets not get like Newcastle fans and pretend we never wanted him etc. If he goes elsewhere it will be a real blow, just ask Harry. If anyone thinks that's not a priority position and think 34-year-old Shaun Derry kicking the ball straight back to the opposition is sufficient for us to stay in the Prem then they must have been watching a different game to me at the weekend.
        spot on
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Personally i wouldn't have Derry starting in our first 11, and infact he'd be about 5th choice behind Mbia, Granero, Faurlin and Diakite.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            Personally i wouldn't have Derry starting in our first 11, and infact he'd be about 5th choice behind Mbia, Granero, Faurlin and Diakite.
            Only problem is, M'bia is playing already, Granero has been injured, Faurlin is continuing to have problems with recovery from his ACL (and that is the reason he doesn't feature more because when he does play he then has to lay up for recovery) and Diakite is at ACON - and that is why H probably does have Derry starting and is also looking for another one.
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              Only problem is, M'bia is playing already, Granero has been injured, Faurlin is continuing to have problems with recovery from his ACL (and that is the reason he doesn't feature more because when he does play he then has to lay up for recovery) and Diakite is at ACON - and that is why H probably does have Derry starting and is also looking for another one.
              Yep, its amazing how you can go from thinking you have an embarrassment of riches in a particular area to suddenly finding yourself short. Throw in that Park has been woeful and it suddenly looks less brilliant. Agree a centre half is even more essential - I've been banging on about this for two years now - but for some reason successive managers don't seem to agree with the rest of us...

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                Not bothered really. If he goes he goes. Shouldn't be pinning all our hopes on an expensive player with no Prem experience. Could say the same about Remy but we've got him so beside the point.

Lets move on to another target which I presume Harry will have.
                I agree with this. I really am not bothered and in my opinion thats not behaving like Toon fans. They went totally ballistic and posted things like i hope tiote breaks his legs and stuff like that.I haven't seen him play i know nothing about him other than he is a french int and has attitude.He hasn't played for us so we won't miss him, and finally after all the fanfares on the arrival of Granero, Park, Hoilett etc i'm waiting to see whether any signings adapt to the English game............Oh and there are other players out there.
                Edit Obviously Park & Hoilett have played in England but have been awful for us, so also mean i'm waiting to see whether they're all they're cracked up to be.
                Last edited by QPRDave; 21-01-2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Stain please don't speak for me I'm well capable of that myself.

No I'm not bothered in the slightest reason being 1) I have never seen the fella play so am not missing something I know nothing about. 2) if he doesn't want to sign then so be it. That's life makes no difference to me in the slightest.

Yes if he's as good as some are saying then great if we get him but if we don't we don't so no I'm not bothered at all mate. I'm quite black and white like that.
                  Last edited by Ric-Roc; 21-01-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post

No I'm not bothered in the slightest reason being 1) I have never seen the fella play so am not missing something I know nothing about. 2) if he doesn't want to sign then so be it. That's life makes no difference to me in the slightest.

Yes if he's as good as some are saying then great if we get him but if we don't we don't so no I'm not bothered at all mate. I'm quite black and white like that.
                    Not another Wacko Jackson?
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post

Mate I apologise if you think I'm speaking for you, know you speak well for yourself. I too know little about the player but from all Harry has said I back his judgement (not saying its infallible, as someone said he signed Chimbonda). If he is as good as his reputation suggests then he is a player who will be good enough for years to come (assuming we could keep him). If we don't get him the chances are it will be yet another short term fix who we will be looking to move on come the end of the season, with all the disruption, constant revolution and waste of money that entails. But if you really are indifferent that is your right mate, and I agree to disagree.

Comment

• Wasn't meant as a dig pal and I could see the point you were making but I just don't get flustered if a signing doesn't come off. We'd all love it to yes of course if it benefits the team / club but if it don't f*ck it. The Geordies acted like idiots when we got Remy I'd like to think we were not that silly about matters.

Weare- tbf I've got better moves than jacko when I get going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          first i've heard of Faurlin having issues as a result of his ACL. He played plenty of games when first back against top sides and was quality. ijust think he's being overlooked for whatever reason... yes Derry may throw himself in front of more, but Faurlin had the best tacking stats in the prem last year before injury. He wins the ball very effecrively, but more importantly he is good at retaining the ball and receiving the ball under pressure. He and Granero were a delight to watch together.

As for Granero, not aware his injury's anything major so assume back quickly.

Point is, just because of some short term issues, you can't necessarilly buy replacements as your squad is stil limited, and i thin kwe have options now being overlooked ie Faurlin.

Comment

• 7 pages in and clearly one thing we all agree on is that we NEED at CB - let's hope the manager agrees.
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                              7 pages in and clearly one thing we all agree on is that we NEED at CB - let's hope the manager agrees.
                              He does agree, but it looks like as it stands we are finding it hard to get one that is value for money.

Comment

• I seem to remember many getting excited about the prospect of a French striker by the name of Olivier Giroud.

Thank goodness we missed out on that one. Dire player. Our loss was Arsenal's gain.

Comment

Working...
                                X