I wouldn't completely rule this out until its signed and sealed. Remember how Remy was on the verge of joining Newcastle and we snatched him from right under their noses.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
Fernandes in France today trying to tie up M'Vila
Collapse
X
-
But Derry isn't our only option is he. We have CMs in abundance. Yes M'Vila would be brilliant, but not the end of the world if we don't get him. However, if we don't get a CB in, it will be a big issue. CM we have the likes of Granero & Faurlin sitting there that could easily come in and do a great job for us. CB our hands are pretty much tied.Not bothered really? Of course you are! You and everyone else would be delighted if he signed. Lets not get like Newcastle fans and pretend we never wanted him etc. If he goes elsewhere it will be a real blow, just ask Harry. If anyone thinks that's not a priority position and think 34-year-old Shaun Derry kicking the ball straight back to the opposition is sufficient for us to stay in the Prem then they must have been watching a different game to me at the weekend.You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.Comment
-
spot onNot bothered really? Of course you are! You and everyone else would be delighted if he signed. Lets not get like Newcastle fans and pretend we never wanted him etc. If he goes elsewhere it will be a real blow, just ask Harry. If anyone thinks that's not a priority position and think 34-year-old Shaun Derry kicking the ball straight back to the opposition is sufficient for us to stay in the Prem then they must have been watching a different game to me at the weekend.nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐Comment
-
Not bothered really? Of course you are! You and everyone else would be delighted if he signed. Lets not get like Newcastle fans and pretend we never wanted him etc. If he goes elsewhere it will be a real blow, just ask Harry. If anyone thinks that's not a priority position and think 34-year-old Shaun Derry kicking the ball straight back to the opposition is sufficient for us to stay in the Prem then they must have been watching a different game to me at the weekend.
Personally i wouldn't have Derry starting in our first 11, and infact he'd be about 5th choice behind Mbia, Granero, Faurlin and Diakite.Comment
-
Only problem is, M'bia is playing already, Granero has been injured, Faurlin is continuing to have problems with recovery from his ACL (and that is the reason he doesn't feature more because when he does play he then has to lay up for recovery) and Diakite is at ACON - and that is why H probably does have Derry starting and is also looking for another one.#standuptocancer
#inyourfacecancerComment
-
Yep, its amazing how you can go from thinking you have an embarrassment of riches in a particular area to suddenly finding yourself short. Throw in that Park has been woeful and it suddenly looks less brilliant. Agree a centre half is even more essential - I've been banging on about this for two years now - but for some reason successive managers don't seem to agree with the rest of us...Only problem is, M'bia is playing already, Granero has been injured, Faurlin is continuing to have problems with recovery from his ACL (and that is the reason he doesn't feature more because when he does play he then has to lay up for recovery) and Diakite is at ACON - and that is why H probably does have Derry starting and is also looking for another one.Comment
-
I agree with this. I really am not bothered and in my opinion thats not behaving like Toon fans. They went totally ballistic and posted things like i hope tiote breaks his legs and stuff like that.I haven't seen him play i know nothing about him other than he is a french int and has attitude.He hasn't played for us so we won't miss him, and finally after all the fanfares on the arrival of Granero, Park, Hoilett etc i'm waiting to see whether any signings adapt to the English game............Oh and there are other players out there.
Edit Obviously Park & Hoilett have played in England but have been awful for us, so also mean i'm waiting to see whether they're all they're cracked up to be.Last edited by QPRDave; 21-01-2013, 01:01 PM.Comment
-
Stain please don't speak for me I'm well capable of that myself.Not bothered really? Of course you are! You and everyone else would be delighted if he signed. Lets not get like Newcastle fans and pretend we never wanted him etc. If he goes elsewhere it will be a real blow, just ask Harry. If anyone thinks that's not a priority position and think 34-year-old Shaun Derry kicking the ball straight back to the opposition is sufficient for us to stay in the Prem then they must have been watching a different game to me at the weekend.
No I'm not bothered in the slightest reason being 1) I have never seen the fella play so am not missing something I know nothing about. 2) if he doesn't want to sign then so be it. That's life makes no difference to me in the slightest.
Yes if he's as good as some are saying then great if we get him but if we don't we don't so no I'm not bothered at all mate. I'm quite black and white like that.Last edited by Guest; 21-01-2013, 01:17 PM.Comment
-
Not another Wacko Jackson?Stain please don't speak for me I'm well capable of that myself.
No I'm not bothered in the slightest reason being 1) I have never seen the fella play so am not missing something I know nothing about. 2) if he doesn't want to sign then so be it. That's life makes no difference to me in the slightest.
Yes if he's as good as some are saying then great if we get him but if we don't we don't so no I'm not bothered at all mate. I'm quite black and white like that.I played sunday league football today.
Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.
I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.
We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!Comment
-
Mate I apologise if you think I'm speaking for you, know you speak well for yourself. I too know little about the player but from all Harry has said I back his judgement (not saying its infallible, as someone said he signed Chimbonda). If he is as good as his reputation suggests then he is a player who will be good enough for years to come (assuming we could keep him). If we don't get him the chances are it will be yet another short term fix who we will be looking to move on come the end of the season, with all the disruption, constant revolution and waste of money that entails. But if you really are indifferent that is your right mate, and I agree to disagree.Stain please don't speak for me I'm well capable of that myself.
No I'm not bothered in the slightest reason being 1) I have never seen the fella play so am not missing something I know nothing about. 2) if he doesn't want to sign then so be it. That's life makes no difference to me in the slightest.
Yes if he's as good as some are saying then great if we get him but if we don't we don't so no I'm not bothered at all mate. I'm quite black and white like that.Comment
-
Wasn't meant as a dig pal and I could see the point you were making but I just don't get flustered if a signing doesn't come off. We'd all love it to yes of course if it benefits the team / club but if it don't f*ck it. The Geordies acted like idiots when we got Remy I'd like to think we were not that silly about matters.
Weare- tbf I've got better moves than jacko when I get going.Comment
-
first i've heard of Faurlin having issues as a result of his ACL. He played plenty of games when first back against top sides and was quality. ijust think he's being overlooked for whatever reason... yes Derry may throw himself in front of more, but Faurlin had the best tacking stats in the prem last year before injury. He wins the ball very effecrively, but more importantly he is good at retaining the ball and receiving the ball under pressure. He and Granero were a delight to watch together.Only problem is, M'bia is playing already, Granero has been injured, Faurlin is continuing to have problems with recovery from his ACL (and that is the reason he doesn't feature more because when he does play he then has to lay up for recovery) and Diakite is at ACON - and that is why H probably does have Derry starting and is also looking for another one.
As for Granero, not aware his injury's anything major so assume back quickly.
Point is, just because of some short term issues, you can't necessarilly buy replacements as your squad is stil limited, and i thin kwe have options now being overlooked ie Faurlin.Comment
Comment