Cisse On The Bench?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cisse On The Bench?

Some journalist has tweeted that Cisse is on the bench today. What do we reckon?

I haven't been overjoyed with his work rate by any stretch but he is our only natural forward so who & how are we going to play if this is true?

I said the other day I'd personally give Hoilett a run out upfront as he gets a lot of the ball & gets shots off & unlike Cisse doesn't always need ball threaded into his feet but can't see Harry being that drastic first game can you?

Unless he sticks Mackie up front? He's come out and said he needs grafters & JM is top if the list for that one.

I saw that to Ric. Be interesting to see if he is right or not.

What it does prove if it is true is that Harry is not going to pick the team based on names which bodes well

Comment

Exactly what I thought mate. Big statement if true.

Comment

wouldnt be surprised really, his attitude certainly seems suspect.

on a slightly different note, did anyone notice at sunderland when the players were in the tunnel - Mackie had Adel and granero in front of him in the lineup and he went up to them and clapped them on the back/encouraged them etc. He then glanced behind him and Bosingwa was there and just turned back around and said nothing while Bosingwa walked off out of the lineup and started stretching.
        Last edited by Brian Wilson; 01-12-2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Mackie up front, 5 in midfield. I don't think it's a huge deal, Cisse doesn't deserve to play
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Nice to have him come off the bench with fire in his belly and a point to prove

Comment

Cisse should play every game when he is the only proper striker, and not to mention the one most likely to snap up the few chances we create. I would be dissapointed if he's not playing.

All these comments about him having a bad attitude ect are so boring now.... I think anyone would look a bit peed off if they repeatedly made runs and the passes repeatedly failed to come from our midfielders. Also since he's been playing regularly he's hardly been offside, certainly no more than anyone else, becasue he's gotten some gametime with our new midfield and knows what to expect re timing of pass / runs etc, so that myth about being constantly off is also boring.

WE need to get behind hm becasue he can not only score but create as we saw when he laid on sitters against Reading for Taarabt and Zamora who both fluffed their lines, then put in a sublime cross for Mackie to score when he was offside against Utd.... Give the guy a break i say. We need to get behind every player.

Comment

Its a tough call. Good Cisse (the one we saw- when he played- last season) would be a definite starter; but bad Cisse (the one we've seen all season) deserves to be on the bench. We're so thin up front, however, I'd play him today for most of the reasons Del says (but I'm not sure he makes the repeated runs he ought to....). You gotta love Mackie, but I wouldn't like to see him upfront by himself. It wouldn't work for him and it wouldn't work for us.......

Comment

Can see both sides of the arguement in that 1) his attitude looks $hit and he has been awful barely looks like wants to be on the pitch, but also 2) he is our only proper striker and he can always pop up with a goal out of a half chance.

Personally would start him - but wont be tooupset if Arry thinks otherwise, he's the gaffer and I'll go with what he thinks is best.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I´ve had enough of Cisse´s dodgy efforts on goal now for a while. Makie and/or Hoilett for me.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

With Matty on this one. I'm split but I've made no secret of the fact he needs to up his work rate. We are in a dog fight need grafters.

Comment

Don´t know what´s wrong with Cisse actually. Can see a fresh Hoilett play a big part today..
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Feel for Cisse, he's best playing off a target man. Lone striker is not what he's good at. That said he seems to be taking his place for granted as the only fit forward. Maybe being on the bench will be the kick up the ass he needs.

Comment

Well, like Harry said we need people to put a shift in for us. Anyone that's not pulling their weight is going to get dropped. Can't have a different rule for Cisse just because he's a striker, his sense of entitlement to be in the team regardless of performance is not going to inspire the troops is it?

Comment

I think he wants to go to France as soon as possible.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X