No announcement yet.

Cisse On The Bench?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of stikers get tagged as lazy becasue they don't waste loads of energy chasing back all the time etc. Often though they're told not to doi so instead to save their energy for advanced sprints which could casue the oppos problems. The other night on MOTD Shearer was highlighting the fact Torres was busting a gut to chase back all the time and clearly putting the effort into his performance, buyt in the final 3rd he was making very few runs.

Flipside of that are the likes of Berbatov, Bent and Cisse to name but 3, who get tagged lazy, but give them a sniff of getting behind the defence and they bust a gut where and when it matters to hurt the opposition.

I'm not saying CIsse has or hasn't been told to do any of that, but many strikers are like this as it's often a hapless task making busting runs when the ball doesn't come, or if used as a decoy to drag defenders away to allow space for others, alot of which goes unoticed.

Comment

Its nice to know Harry has the ******** to come in and just drop him - He clearly knows the deal.

That and I trust his tactics and setup - Deffo mixed it up against Sunderland and kept a clean sheet

Comment

Dunno if this journo is right or not but we'll see in 25 mins when teams are announced. I'll put my neck on the line and say Cisse will start. Just can't see Harry coming in & dropping our main striker. Interesting stuff.

Comment

Harry has to shake up the attack.

Against Sunderland Cisse the team showed effort but the play in the final third was nowhere near the standard set by the defence and midfield.
          Something has to change there or you cannot see where the goals will come from. Of course everyone expects strikers to sign in January but there are a lot of games between now and then.

Biggest question of today is - can the team function properly in the final third?

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
            Dunno if this journo is right or not bug we'll see in 25 mins when teams are announced. I'll put my neck on the line and say Cisse will start. Just can't see Harry coming in & dropping our main striker. Interesting stuff.
            I think the same.... he may have leaked titbits to suggest he will as a smokescreen. At home we need to be clinical and need outr best finisher playing.

If it is true, i would also be rather concerned that the team decisions have been leaked to a journey allowing Villa to prepare for it in case it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
              Harry has to shake up the attack.

Against Sunderland Cisse the team showed effort but the play in the final third was nowhere near the standard set by the defence and midfield.
              Something has to change there or you cannot see where the goals will come from. Of course everyone expects strikers to sign in January but there are a lot of games between now and then.

Biggest question of today is - can the team function properly in the final third?
              You're right, wew did look clueless in the final 3rd, but that's not just Cisse... he just happens to be isolated up there in that area of the pitch. The midfield do great getting there and breaking in numbers tyhe other night, but then looked wanting when it mattered and as a result Cisse wasn't put through on goal at all.... When you have a striker with his pace, we should be putting early balls into space behind the defence for him to exploit and go in on goal 1 on 1.... it's not happening.

Comment

LETS PUT IN A NUTSHELL, WHATEVER THE SQUAD IS LIKE TODAY, ALL WE NEED IS A WIN.

:yush:

Comment

I see what you are saying, but to me, it looks like Cisse doesn´t eventry to find himself these lethal positions he did last season. It´s not solely a question of running, but will aswell. Bottomline: He lacks the sharpness he had last season. But as you say; on the flipside; sooner rather later, if we want to create chances, the players have to do much more running in order to create space and opportunites to score, this regardless of who the actual scorer is. In that respect; we are not Tottenham just yet.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    You're right, wew did look clueless in the final 3rd, but that's not just Cisse... he just happens to be isolated up there in that area of the pitch. The midfield do great getting there and breaking in numbers tyhe other night, but then looked wanting when it mattered and as a result Cisse wasn't put through on goal at all.... When you have a striker with his pace, we should be putting early balls into space behind the defence for him to exploit and go in on goal 1 on 1.... it's not happening.
                    Agree with all that. Also did not mean to single out Cisse as that was a pig of a job he had to do at Sunderland and overall all the forward play was off not just his.
                    But overall something needs to change up front.
                    Whether that is by dropping Cisse or something else I dunnio and I am not inside to know the details but I am sure Harry would want a big step up in the forward play.
                    Sunderland suggest the midfield and defence can function but the attack needs a shake up.

Comment

Originally posted by bonheurjh View Post
                      LETS PUT IN A NUTSHELL, WHATEVER THE SQUAD IS LIKE TODAY, ALL WE NEED IS A WIN.

:yush:

Yeppp!!!
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Twitter says no Cisse: #QPR - Green; Traore Hill Nelsen Bosingwa; Mbia Diakite Granero; SWP Mackie Taarabt. #QPR

Comment

No Hoilett or Cisse. OK?
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by supahoopsaaa View Post
                            Feel for Cisse, he's best playing off a target man. Lone striker is not what he's good at. That said he seems to be taking his place for granted as the only fit forward. Maybe being on the bench will be the kick up the ass he needs.
                            He's also been going through a divorce which can't help his frame of mind.

Comment

Wow! Big statement from the gaffer. Lets hope Mackie & co repay the faith. I'm in Bush so ta la for now COYRS!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                                Can see both sides of the arguement in that 1) his attitude looks $hit and he has been awful barely looks like wants to be on the pitch, but also 2) he is our only proper striker and he can always pop up with a goal out of a half chance.

Personally would start him - but wont be tooupset if Arry thinks otherwise, he's the gaffer and I'll go with what he thinks is best.
                                I think as the only real striker left he should be starting when fit. Mackie scored today but he is not as clinical as Cisse.

I am quickly losing any remaining faith in this season and guess will have to accept that The Championship beckons.

Comment

Working...
                                X