QPR forward Jamie Mackie is a £1m target for Southampton and West Ham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
    I'm sure the Mackie haters know this, but they don't like losing an argument so they won't back down!

Don't think it is a case of hating the guy. He is a better finisher than i gave him credit for. His effort is always first rate.

BUT last season time after time he gets the ball on the wing and runs into someone/runs it out of play or loses it be it with a bad pass or he gets tackled. I have a season ticket and saw it week after week. So frustrating and sometimes he just looked lost. Barton/Zamora/Cisse all popped at him most games for it.

As i say next season we will want to dominate teams and have more of the ball. Which is where Mackie will struggle. His finishing ability/effort/desire make him a perfect impact sub to come on and get a goal in games next season. But he should not be starting in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      Exactly mate, if that goal had been scored at the other end by Aguero people would be raving about it but because it's Jamie Mackie it get's underplayed. As for the winner against Liverpool, absolutely top drawer finish that was the catalyst for the turn around in our season and yet some people on here question his place in the squad or suggest selling him for 1 or 2 million would be good business.

It really does beggar belief!
      Are you really surprised by some of these comments, some people get on my ti*s,at the end of the day if he added all the other attributes to his game that people slagg him off for not having he wouldnt be playing for us in the first place. The bloke is a gem and if we sold him for 1 or 2 million we would be crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRWEBBIE View Post
        Are you really surprised by some of these comments, some people get on my ti*s,at the end of the day if he added all the other attributes to his game that people slagg him off for not having he wouldnt be playing for us in the first place. The bloke is a gem and if we sold him for 1 or 2 million we would be crazy.
        Funny how people have such different views of one player. Maybe it's just the way they put across their reservations, making them sound like criticism for the sake of it.

Buszacky is another example. But one where loads of people state what a wonderfully talented player he is. There can be no doubt he was a fantastic addition to a crap squad when he arrived. He has done well for us in the main and I like the guy. But at no time can I ever remember him affecting games and outcomes, to anything like the extent that Mackie has in his relatively short time with us. Admittedly, Mackie's strengths are his determination and desire, workrate, reasonable pace and better finishing than most strikers we had had for years, as opposed to flashy, silky skills that catch the eye. But they are, nevertheless, very valuable attributes to have in any premier league squad.

As someone said earlier though, it's surreal that anybody is even for one moment thinking that there could be any truth in such a ridiculous rumour.

West Ham and Southampton indeed.

Comment

Can't dribble, looks down and runs into players constantly and looks ridiculously uncomposed on the ball. But he works hard and lives + breathes football so he is alright in the squad. Think he's massively overrated by some on here nowadays, 10 mil!!! Also, to whoever mentioned assists, 2 assists isn't a big achievement for a winger.

Originally posted by Deadend_Friend View Post
          In the 10-11 season Ashley Young got 7 goals from 34 League games for Villa playing as a winger and was transferred to Man United for 18 million at the end of the season
          In the 11-12 season Mackie got 7 goals in 31 league games whilst playing as a winger for us.
          If Young worth so much why is Mackie worth so little?
          Leave it out mate

Originally posted by essex View Post
          it really ****s me off when people say he has "no skill", he may not be a flair player, but he does have a lot of skill. He is a fantastic finisher, against liverpool and city he scored goals that a lot of players would have missed under the pressure, he closes down very well, i would love to see a stat shwoing how much possession he has won back in the oponents half. He tracks back and defends very well.

Considering he was playing in the conference 3 seasons ago and how much he clearly wants it, i can imagine he knows the shortfalls in his game, and is giving 100% to try and improve, I think next season we will see a much improved JM
          He doesn't have any skill lol, tell me what skill he has? He has f all skill on the ball. He is decent at finishing, not fantastic, he does his part going back to be fair to him. I bet you wanted Chamberlain or Walcott to play instead of Milner cos all milner does is work hard whilst the first two provide a bit a flair...

I'm coming across as a Mackie hater but that isn't the case. People getting a bit deluded regarding our Jamie IMO.
          Last edited by DelTrotter; 28-06-2012, 05:43 PM.

Comment

have to say i'm not sure who you are talking about there..................SWP maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post
              Can't dribble, looks down and runs into players constantly and looks ridiculously uncomposed on the ball. But he works hard and lives + breathes football so he is alright in the squad. Think he's massively overrated by some on here nowadays, 10 mil!!! Also, to whoever mentioned assists, 2 assists isn't a big achievement for a winger.

Leave it out mate

He doesn't have any skill lol, tell me what skill he has? He has f all skill on the ball. He is decent at finishing, not fantastic, he does his part going back to be fair to him. I bet you wanted Chamberlain or Walcott to play instead of Milner cos all milner does is work hard whilst the first two provide a bit a flair...

I'm coming across as a Mackie hater but that isn't the case. People getting a bit deluded regarding our Jamie IMO.
              Hasn't got much skill, but very good at finishing imo, after all he's actually a striker...Runs at defences and pressures them until they concede the ball... as a right midfielder who scored 7 goals and has 3 assists...You can see why many of us think he is a very good player. Also, if he gets played as a striker next season (even as a sub) he will deffo get at least 10 goals.
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                Hasn't got much skill, but very good at finishing imo, after all he's actually a striker...Runs at defences and pressures them until they concede the ball... as a right midfielder who scored 7 goals and has 3 assists...You can see why many of us think he is a very good player. Also, if he gets played as a striker next season (even as a sub) he will deffo get at least 10 goals.
                In my opinion it's all about results & I'm gonna put this in "Gentleman's Terms", Ian Holloway style!

Would you rather have a bird on your arm who looks like a page 3 girl but let's you poke her twice a year or a slightly ropey bird from the estates who bangs like a barn door on request? You may like showing off about your bird who looks like a page 3 girl to your mates down the pub but the you'd get more satisfaction from the other bird!

Just cos Mackie doesn't do step-overs and make fools out of full-backs doesn't make him any less of an asset. Adel has got skills coming out of his earholes but I'd take Mackie over him when the chips are down any day of the week.
                Last edited by Tarbie; 28-06-2012, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  In my opinion it's all about results & I'm gonna put this in "Gentleman's Terms", Ian Holloway style!

Would you rather have a bird on your arm who looks like a page 3 girl but let's you poke her twice a year or a slightly ropey bird from the estates who bangs like a barn door on request? You may like showing off about your bird who looks like a page 3 bird to your mates down the pub but the you'd get more satisfaction from the other bird!

Just cos Mackie doesn't do step-overs and make fools out of full-backs doesn't make him any less of an asset. Adel has got skills coming out of his earholes but I'd take Mackie over him when the chips are down any day of the week.
                  Exactly, We don't need two Adel's do we? We already have one very skillful player, and on the other side we have Mackie who is not as skillful but is a goalscorer, team player and very important for us.
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                  X