Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the first UK club to appoint a female manager to a male team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly the same scenario but our Canadian Mens National team appointed John Herdman who was coaching the Women's program as our manager, many of us were quite sceptical as he had no club experience and had only been involved in the Women's game! We thought it was a power play by him as the England Women's job was either open or about to be and he was a candidate so our governing body fired the Men's coach at the time and gave Herdman the gig, he has done remarkably well qualifying Canada for the first World Cup since 86 and there were rumours in The Mirror yesterday that he was a candidate for the vacant QPR job although I highly doubt that! My point is a transition can be made from the Women's to Men's game in the right circumstance!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Some things should be left to the men, white men included if that's allowed in this increasingly woke, liberal crazy world.
      The game is being sanitised beyond recognition.
      Women have the women's game let them stay there.
      What next? Who gets the first trans manager?
      I don't understand the we must have women in football, no we don't there are plenty of men who are right for the job

Comment

ainsworth-1.png?w=2480.png

Comment

i wander how she would react if you asked her you wanted to be pulled off at half time.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

It's not a mans job mate, a woman could do it. A mans job is a job a woman physically couldn't do, there are some of those, this is not one.

Some of the best bosses i've ever had have been women, working in male centric work shpere, if they remove the concept of gender and just be proficient in their task, women succeed. It;s not about ticking boxes, it's about the right person for the right job.

I know some women who work very high up in the football world, who do extremely well, not managers of course, or even coaches, but the day will come.

You, sound like an a55 hole with this - 'Some men that are all for women taking men's jobs are definitely wet blankets'

Pull your head in.
            I sound like an ####### because I don't want women involved in men's football? Deary me. I haven't found 1 poster who agrees with your ridiculous post. It's bad enough watching Alex Scott ruin football focus. I think men like you are definitely one that just agree with their wife without having their own opinion. I have to tell you that your views are a concern. I bet you were all for women earning the same amount of money in tennis even though they only play 3sets instead of 5. Maybe we could have a separate forum for women related football. Dave is spot on.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Right, there's obviously some differing opinions here but let's not get personal about it please.

No more name calling or the thread will just be deleted.
              "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Could u imagine a women trying to put a Roy Keane type in his place , what happens after the game when they're getting showered . Can't see any team having a woman in charge . It definitely wouldn't of worked in any of the Saturday or Sunday sides I played for

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                  Right, there's obviously some differing opinions here but let's not get personal about it please.

No more name calling or the thread will just be deleted.
                  Farty pants

Comment

That's a fact though...
                    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

But its ok for a man to manage a womens team - including England??

Comment

No they shouldn't go that route. What with the last England manager being a racist too it didn't end well. Just keep it separate so much easier all round London!
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                          But its ok for a man to manage a womens team - including England??
                          No, but I'm assuming the women wanted them.
                          Neville was hired for pr value and to boost awareness of it.
                          Plenty of women who can take all the managerial jobs in their game

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

I sound like an ####### because I don't want women involved in men's football? Deary me. I haven't found 1 poster who agrees with your ridiculous post. It's bad enough watching Alex Scott ruin football focus. I think men like you are definitely one that just agree with their wife without having their own opinion. I have to tell you that your views are a concern. I bet you were all for women earning the same amount of money in tennis even though they only play 3sets instead of 5. Maybe we could have a separate forum for women related football. Dave is spot on.
                            Yeah, pretty much done with you're attitude, you won't listen or think objectively. Too old, too thick or too something else.

You don't know me, don't think that you do. I'm all for treating people equally and fairly. Competence should be rewarded and not hindered due to ANY gender, age, sexual orientation, colour, you name it.

People should also not be given jobs just because of those things, it achieves the complete opposite of the intention. Forced equality is no equality at all.

Barriers should be removed in any work sphere that allows for it, so people have the opportunity to prove their ability. I could not give a hoot who or why or where they are from. If it so happens the only people capable of managing football teams with any level of quality are white males aged 40 - 60 with a previous playing career, then so be it, but I would hazard a guess that as the world of football and sport in general opens up to offer more opportunity, then we will see that not being the case.

You will find this world getting more and more frustrating and miserable if you continue with the mindset you have now.

EDIT- Tennis, it's a valid point, not very well put but anyway. No, they should not be paid the same, the job is not the same. However there should be a way of gauging prize money based on gate receipts and the draw that those players bring to the overall event that gives a relevant pay out.

If a woman lined up on the formula 1 grid and raced the same number of laps, then they should be paid the same in prize money, not more, not less. It is up to the team and the contract she would sign as to whether she is paid an equivalent salary.

However pay is not always equivalent to the actual job completed is it, some people bring more to an event, team or than just the effort put in.

Comment

Dynamite thread, light the blue touch paper and retire!! For what it's worth in my opinion,there will a top level female boss at some point, but it could be some way off

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                                Dynamite thread, light the blue touch paper and retire!! For what it's worth in my opinion,there will a top level female boss at some point, but it could be some way off
                                Ridiculous init

Comment

Working...
                                X