Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Who will be the first UK club to appoint a female manager to a male team?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • topperharley
    Silver Seat
    • Feb 2013
    • 2048

    #1

    Who will be the first UK club to appoint a female manager to a male team?

    Who will pull the trigger, will anyone, ever?

    It's going to happen one day surely, and I'd say it's closer than we think.

    Honestly don't think it makes a difference, plenty of managers are successful without having played the game, women can certainly command respect in the dressing room. What will make a difference is that whoever does it will be under so much scrutiny it's going to be very tough and very hard to break the stigma.

    11
    Never happening
    54.55%
    6
    Premier League
    0%
    0
    Championship
    0%
    0
    1st division
    0%
    0
    2nd division
    45.45%
    5
  • Shania
    C Club
    • Apr 2010
    • 23699

    #2
    A second division team in London would be my guess. Chelsea women have a very, very decent coach I think.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

    Comment

    • QPRDave
      The number 10
      • Mar 2009
      • 32080

      #3
      I ####in hope not us.
      We are a big enough joke as it is

      Comment

      • northampton rs
        CCG
        • Mar 2011
        • 2120

        #4
        Originally posted by QPRDave
        I ####in hope not us.
        We are a big enough joke as it is
        F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!
        .2.1.13.

        Comment

        • WeAreQPR12
          C Club
          • Mar 2009
          • 23558

          #5
          Originally posted by QPRDave
          I ####in hope not us.
          We are a big enough joke as it is
          Exactly Dave. Is this post for real? I'm mean seriously. Some men that are all for women taking men's jobs are definitely wet blankets
          I played sunday league football today.

          Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

          I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

          We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

          Comment

          • knocker
            Silver Seat
            • Mar 2009
            • 4009

            #6
            Would tick another box at our gaff.

            Comment

            • shaggy24
              Gold Seat
              • Apr 2016
              • 5850

              #7
              Originally posted by knocker
              Would tick another box at our gaff.
              That’s half the problem in the world now people need to tick boxes rather than use common sense and work sh it out for themselves and come to own conclusions why we got prat’s in power cos boxes get ticked who then rely on spreadsheets and formulas PowerPoint presentations

              Comment

              • LoftusRoadLad
                W12 Seat
                • Jan 2011
                • 19610

                #8
                Is there any in the world ?

                Comment

                • SheepRanger
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2018
                  • 8520

                  #9
                  I met a girl on holiday many years ago who did sports massage at one of the top Austtian clubs. I asked her which player had the biggest c0ck and she was offended because she was doing a professional job and there was nothing sexual it it. After loads of G&Ts she said the goalkeeper had the biggest c0ck she'd ever seen!!

                  Comment

                  • Shania
                    C Club
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 23699

                    #10
                    A french female coach lead Clearmont on level three in France for a season or two and here in Norway a woman of the name Renate Blindheim is now in charge of a club in the third tier.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

                    Comment

                    • 72bus
                      Gold Seat
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 9533

                      #11
                      The Brentford manager looks like a girl from behind . Always tossing back his hair

                      Comment

                      • QPRDave
                        The number 10
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 32080

                        #12
                        Originally posted by 72bus
                        The Brentford manager looks like a girl from behind . Always tossing back his hair

                        Comment

                        • 3London
                          Silver Seat
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 3773

                          #13
                          Originally posted by QPRDave
                          I ####in hope not us.
                          We are a big enough joke as it is
                          that's the spirit!

                          Comment

                          • topperharley
                            Silver Seat
                            • Feb 2013
                            • 2048

                            #14
                            Originally posted by WeAreQPR12

                            Exactly Dave. Is this post for real? I'm mean seriously. Some men that are all for women taking men's jobs are definitely wet blankets
                            It's not a mans job mate, a woman could do it. A mans job is a job a woman physically couldn't do, there are some of those, this is not one.

                            Some of the best bosses i've ever had have been women, working in male centric work shpere, if they remove the concept of gender and just be proficient in their task, women succeed. It;s not about ticking boxes, it's about the right person for the right job.

                            I know some women who work very high up in the football world, who do extremely well, not managers of course, or even coaches, but the day will come.

                            You, sound like an a55 hole with this - 'Some men that are all for women taking men's jobs are definitely wet blankets'

                            Pull your head in.

                            Comment

                            • gator
                              Gold Seat
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 6791

                              #15
                              Not exactly the same scenario but our Canadian Mens National team appointed John Herdman who was coaching the Women's program as our manager, many of us were quite sceptical as he had no club experience and had only been involved in the Women's game! We thought it was a power play by him as the England Women's job was either open or about to be and he was a candidate so our governing body fired the Men's coach at the time and gave Herdman the gig, he has done remarkably well qualifying Canada for the first World Cup since 86 and there were rumours in The Mirror yesterday that he was a candidate for the vacant QPR job although I highly doubt that! My point is a transition can be made from the Women's to Men's game in the right circumstance!
                              @gatorTFC

                              Comment

                              Working...