Manager rumour or who you want thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    I would've given Mark another year, the team is a work in progress and he has done well with what he had.

This could be a mistake unless the board already have their man.?
    Are you insane? He looked a good manager when the team was winning, but so does every manager, but when the going got tough he didn't have a Scoobie on how to change things and reverse the downward spiral, in fact with some of his decisions he accelerated it!!.
    I think he lost the dressing room in the end, to a certain extent

Comment

Originally posted by Hope & Faith View Post
      I’d go for that Warburton fella…

He’s just got a team into the top 6 for most of the season, on #### all investment, created a new culture and DNA, developed many players who could be sold for vital monies, played attractive football, and has been honest and loyal.

A prefect fit for QPR imho.
      At times we did play some very nice Football and had a shot for Automatic Promotion, then the Wheels come off, I would of give him another shot, enjoyed this Season in the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

Are you insane? He looked a good manager when the team was winning, but so does every manager, but when the going got tough he didn't have a Scoobie on how to change things and reverse the downward spiral, in fact with some of his decisions he accelerated it!!.
        I said ages ago he'd lost the dressing room, It was pointed out on here it was just a "blip" in form. I replied it was definitely more than that. Whatever you feel about Warburton he had to go.

Comment

Lost the dressing room is such an annoying phrase - in no other job would you allow your staff to under perform just because they didn't like the boss!

These are really well paid supposed professionals to suggest they stopped performing because they didn't like Warburton says way more about them as it does for him.

they don't come across as a bunch of prima donnas

No one will be able to fully explain the inexplicable loss of form....tactics? Injuries? Loss of confidence , Bad luck ...its a combination of all of those i think

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
            Lost the dressing room is such an annoying phrase - in no other job would you allow your staff to under perform just because they didn't like the boss!

Theses are really well paid supposed professionals to suggest they stopped performing because they didn't like Warburton says way more about them as it does for him.

No one will be able to fully explain the inexplicable loss of form....tactics? Injuries? Loss of confidence , Bad luck ...its a combination of all of those i think

Good post 3.
            Agree with that.

Comment

Good luck Bread Man, in all you do.

Comment

The other thing i found annoying last night was he played the occasion not the game....
                Giving players a last home game ..Yes Austen scored but did very little else ...as did the Pirouette master Johanson ..and Albert when he was likely to be the most effective in the first half he was right wing back.... kakay a defender - ok not the best but still a defender on the bench and Sam field definitely not a defender in the back 3! Amos Playing Right wing back when albert went walkabout ..all very odd

and also the substitutions baffled as ever - Luke Amos being taken off when he is the only midfielder capable of scoring - keeping the anonimous Dozzell on and taking Amos off - Bizarre ! there is no coincidence that we looked out most dangerous in the last 10 mins when the right players were playing in the right positions.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post

You must be a agent of norwegian managers
                  That would be bad business.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post
                    Good luck Bread Man, in all you do.
                    He'll get another championship club and do well.
                    Probably bring his new team here and beat us and get a promotion

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

These are really well paid supposed professionals to suggest they stopped performing because they didn't like Warburton says way more about them as it does for him.

True it is an all encompassing phrase,but whatever was discussed in the dressing room and on the training ground wasn't being transferred onto the football pitch. As rightly state that in no other industry would staff be allowed to under perform to such an extent.
                      Therein lies the problem, if I waltzed around for months on end I'd be shown the door. Whereas players on fat contracts know this isn't going to happen, at worst they'll see out their contracts and move onto another club.
                      I have enormous respect for Warburton, loved his time here, but for whatever reason the last 5 months have been shocking, and unfortunately (and maybe incorrectly) in this industry it does mean his time was up.

Comment

Until I see who our DOF considers is a better option than MW going forward I am not going to say it was a good move not bringing him back, I think he did a great job overall but this past transfer window was a major mistake that ultimately cost him! I don't have much faith in Sir Les getting this right unfortunately and think it is more likely we will be in a relegation scrap next season with whoever our DOF hires, I hope I'm wrong but there is a history here!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

Well said. His team selections and subs proved he could neither read a game or react to it in a different way to get results. It was déjà v with the 1st half of last season before the transformation after a good transfer window in January (the complete opposite of this year's) . last night was a perfect example of why he had to go.

Comment

Chris Hughton

Comment

Personally I reckon Eustace will get the job

we ain’t got funds and anyone who watched last night will think bugger me jobs for a magician

Comment

I don't think so. Eustace wouldn't really be the "fresh start" that the club said that they want for next season.
                                "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Working...
                                X