Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That surely has put playing without a forward to bed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't work at all said on another thread dykes must start. , Were not good enough to play with a false 9 ... Our strength is Albert beating people and crossing and willocks skill , vision . We shouldn't start Johansen he isn't doing it . We constantly pass the ball back and eventually go long . We have no bite , no tempo , we are to slow and predictable . Bring in dozzell , ball and McCallum for next game and drop SJ , Hendrick and Albert they've had plenty of chances

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
      Absolute garbage.
      So starting without strikers is not the way forward but we have no strikers worthy of a place in the team who are fit so it comes back to the club's lack of ambition in the January transfer market, I know money doesn't grow on trees but we are where we are mostly by our own design. There are no free meals, you get what you pay for etc....and we paid next to nothing and we are being rewarded accordingly. We had a bloody chance of promotion this season and it looks like we just didn't want it. I'm still hopeful but it's an uphill task now.

Comment

I'd rather have uncle than moses who has been a major let down this season. He has no idea what he's doing most of the time. Might beat his man once or twice. His crossing is mostly awful. Doesn't score goals and spending a lot of time falling over. I struggle to see how he's made a living as a footballer. We need to invest well in the summer. Sign actual wing backs and a centre back and a striker with pace.

Comment

We were beat all over the field today.

Admire MW for saying the responsibility rests with him, but in fact it belongs to the players on the field.

Stefan another off game; seems MW seems to think he’s.playing way above what we’re seeing.

Looking forward to Dykes’ return.

Comment

Doesn't seem to matter what team he puts out, nothing is really working, great effort on Wednesday, but that isn't the norm is it, he has an obsession with Steff which is just wrong, they have got a week now to rest and prepare for Cardiff next week, so he shouldn't be using the "tired' excuse after that game

Comment

Blackpool we looked good, Blackburn looked on the whole terrible. The difference being we were pressed and harrassed, we move the ball too slowly around the back and central midfield and allow them to come onto us.

Our centre backs are actually pretty bloody good, just stop telling them to pass around at the back, they are itching to get forward.

Midfields issues can be squared wholly at Stef slowing the play down and giving the ball away with silly flicks, aswell as this the midfield does not have enough options to pass forwards or to the flanks, so they faff. Solution is to drop Stef, period. Amos, Hendrick (who has done pretty well but is not the foundation of a premier league midfield), Field and maybe Dozzell (who i think is very under utilised) make for good options in the centre.

Willock should be our number 10. I don't like Chair, he scores some good goals but he's selfish, his runs and dribbles just are not that good and often slow the play down aswell. He should be on the flanks in a 442, or in another team. Some people will totally disagree with me but it's been my opinion on him for ages.

We have to stop wingbacks. we do not have the personnel. We have the team for a very effective 442, a 4411 or maybe a 433. Get some wingbacks that are good, get our current wingbacks fit, then play wingbacks.

This is not a blip. This is the fault of a flawed system being uncovered, our luck running out and teams knowing how to exploit our weaknesses. This run had killed some of the desire, particularly feel sorry for Willock who has been a standout all season but now for no reason finds himself out of position and second to Chair.

I appreciate where MW is coming from with this formation but surely having a striker or two on the pitch and actually getting the ball to them has to be tried before not playing strikers at all.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                Absolute garbage.
                You'd like to think so wouldn't you!

Absolutely toothless.

Comment

Working...
                X