Charlie Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

We simply don't create enough chances for him.
    Shame really, the Charlie I remember, if he wasn't getting chances, he'd go out and make some for himself.

But then, time does catch up with us all, sadly.

Comment

Our Charlie is not in the video !!!!

Comment

He'll always be a legend for me for what he has done for the club, he's probably the most frustrated of everyone at where he is now, but everything that everyone has said about fitness, pace etc sadly is true, and the only person who can do anything about that is Charlie himself!
        There are plenty of 30+ players still playing to a high enough standard in all the leagues, who have kept their fitness and sharpness up, Charlie unfortunately has not I'm afraid

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

He's having a bad patch, but just a few Months back he was banging them in. He'll be ok.
          exactly - the Charlie Austin at Derby a few games ago looked pretty good to me. To be fair the service provided to our forwards is pretty limited hence none of the three of them are exactly setting the championship on fire

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

exactly - the Charlie Austin at Derby a few games ago looked pretty good to me. To be fair the service provided to our forwards is pretty limited hence none of the three of them are exactly setting the championship on fire
            I think this is the key point. Service has been poor. It's great seeing Wallace back, and it's good to see Albert doing well, but I don't think Lyndon has been as good either. From what i've seen alot of chances come from a central position, Willock and Chair are our most creative, it's harder for strikers to be strikers when the ball is coming from behind. I don't see many through balls, Stef is ok at it, Willock is probably the best at it, but Chair will go for glory if he can. Dunno, i think there's more to Charlie than he's not fit and/or trying.

Comment

More to do with our wing backs not being up to scratch. We need an onslaught of crosses into the box then we will see Chas and Dykes come into their own.

Comment

Club legend! Still pleased to see him in a hooped shirt.
                Of course time is catching up with him, but is being used as part of striker rotation such a bad thing? Time to dial down our expectations and cut him some slack.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
                  Of course time is catching up with him, but is being used as part of striker rotation such a bad thing? Time to dial down our expectations and cut him some slack.
                  He's contracted as a player for next season too.

He'll know if he's able to make an impact and hopefully, if he thinks he cant, then have the integrity to cut that contract short.

We may need his coaching abilities next season more than on the pitch? There's a future for him at the club whatever role it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
                    I am not looking forward to the day Charlie is no longer a Rangers players.

The first name I look for on the starting eleven is him and Lyndon.

Come on Charlie, you know we all love ya, sort yourself out and get back back to the Rangers legend we all love.
                    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Love him but Charlie is shot.

Great team member to help lift others but is absolutely not a starter for me any more.

Slow, hardly gets a chance these days, barely wins headers, lack of goals. It's sad to see.

I'd keep him back to use as a sub from 70 mins onward to use his experience and nouse.

Problem is Dykes and Gray are not exactly prolific. A quick striker is vital in this window to keep our play off push alive.

Comment

I remember reading a Burnley fan's opinion of Chaz when we first got him years ago.

Slow and immobile, doesn't do much and is a peripheral figure for 90% of the game. Suddenly pops up with a goal, an important goal.

I think that turned out to be a fair assessment then and more or less holds true today. Charlie will convert chances and get goals - I feel he still has lots to offer and we should be patient.

None of our strikers are "on fire" at the moment but I think that has far more to do with our slow build-up play that does not create enough chances. It's a vicious circle that heaps pressure on the strikers and makes them twitchy, edgy and likely to snatch at any chance that finally comes their way.

I don't think we need a new striker. I don't think we need much other than a fit fullback or two. We need to stop playing like pussies at KPF and get on the front foot with more pace and intent.

Comment

I've always said he's still top dawg!!

Comment

Can't believe some of you boys on ere writing off Chaz

#operationdelete

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                              I'd keep him back to use as a sub from 70 mins onward to use his experience and nouse
                              Waheyyyyy

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Waheyyyyy
                                Jimmy Floyd next Rangers manager

Comment

Working...
                                X