X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 mins to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
      As a football club, every transfer you make is important, but it has to fit the values, ethos and the direction of the club. You look at Bournemouth today and the way they have panic buyed, risking everything, and perhaps some might not even get into the squad.

Well, we are not that kind of football club anymore.

We are about making sensible financial decisions, ones that will set us up for the future and ones which represent value for money.

You look at what investments we have made into players over the last 2 or 3 seasons and you can see what difference it has made to the way we are run.

And you look at Derby, who risked everything by overspending to try and get to the Premier League and now potentially weeks away from going under.

I value being a football club that spends within its means and is ran sustainably, not breaking the bank for players.

I'm assuming parachute payments allow them to splurge the cash as they are otherwise FFP would be on their case?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

I'm assuming parachute payments allow them to splurge the cash as they are otherwise FFP would be on their case?
        Bournemouth's Parachute Payments run out at the end of the season, so if they dont go up then there will have to be a massive fire sale.

Comment

• Nobody confirmed ,not particularly concerned,I think we have enough about us to to finish in the play offs with who we have ( fingers crossed)

Comment

• Bournemouths business shouts desperation all or nothing to get promoted. Think it’ll quite possibly backfire on them with too much disruption to the side that other than recent weeks has been good. Not sure what the score is with Cantwell as he was arguably Norwich’s best player the last couple of years then suddenly not getting a look in…possible attitude issues behind the scenes maybe…? Could end up a disruption. If they fail to go up they’ll be screwed, which adds extra pressure on the, too…could help us and Blackburn, etc

As for us, if Hendrick comes I fully trust MW and his judgement as must have a plan in mind. Always thought he was a d3cent player when I’ve seen him and certainly a decent addition to the squad if it happens.

Comment

• If we make the playoff final, better not play him. Could be a jinx.
              "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

• BBC now saying Hendrick is signing

Hopefully he adds a touch more class to the midfield.

Interesting to know what proportion of his wages we will be paying ...

Comment

• On QPR official twitter .. welcome Jeff!!

Comment

• Yep, confirmed on a loan deal for the rest of the season.

Comment

As a football club, every transfer you make is important, but it has to fit the values, ethos and the direction of the club. You look at Bournemouth today and the way they have panic buyed, risking everything, and perhaps some might not even get into the squad.

Well, we are not that kind of football club anymore.

We are about making sensible financial decisions, ones that will set us up for the future and ones which represent value for money.

You look at what investments we have made into players over the last 2 or 3 seasons and you can see what difference it has made to the way we are run.

And you look at Derby, who risked everything by overspending to try and get to the Premier League and now potentially weeks away from going under.

I value being a football club that spends within its means and is ran sustainably, not breaking the bank for players.

Yesterday, today and tomorrow, the above is 100% correct for Queens Park Rangers football club.

Welcome Jeff.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Welcome Jeff, think all the Love will rub off and you shall show us your best, good luck Bro.

Comment

• Nothing against Hendrick, but I think we've missed a window to add some potential to the squad.

I guess Jan is never easy but a couple of good prospects would have been smart business, given we may well get promoted this year and if we do, from this point the squad will need strengthening. Having them in now means they have a chance of integrating and flourishing. Not that I have any ideas at all of who to bring in, but that is the scouts and managers job.

Will see, just happy seeing the team competing in every game and at the pointy end of the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                            Nothing against Hendrick, but I think we've missed a window to add some potential to the squad.

I guess Jan is never easy but a couple of good prospects would have been smart business, given we may well get promoted this year and if we do, from this point the squad will need strengthening. Having them in now means they have a chance of integrating and flourishing. Not that I have any ideas at all of who to bring in, but that is the scouts and managers job.

Will see, just happy seeing the team competing in every game and at the pointy end of the table.
                            it has to represent value for the club and has to be within our means, also it has to fit the squad as well and the direction of where we are going.

Unfortunately some of our fanbase think its still 2014, but its not, we are being sensibly ran as a football club now, so if we cannot afford a player or it doesn't fit our wage bill, we dont go for them

Whilst Patterson would have been a very good signing, would you pay 750k for a 30 year old who probably will have to compete alongside chair for that Number 10 position? you wouldn't.

Willock for £750k made sense though, as he was 21 and had high resale value and look at how well he has done.

Ultimately, as a club we have learnt from our past mistakes and we are now making decisions that help the club be financially sound for the future.

Comment

it has to represent value for the club and has to be within our means, also it has to fit the squad as well and the direction of where we are going.

Unfortunately some of our fanbase think its still 2014, but its not, we are being sensibly ran as a football club now, so if we cannot afford a player or it doesn't fit our wage bill, we dont go for them

Whilst Patterson would have been a very good signing, would you pay 750k for a 30 year old who probably will have to compete alongside chair for that Number 10 position? you wouldn't.

Willock for £750k made sense though, as he was 21 and had high resale value and look at how well he has done.

Ultimately, as a club we have learnt from our past mistakes and we are now making decisions that help the club be financially sound for the future.
                              Last thing i think we should be doing is spending big coin. Prospects is what I and i think most of the people on this board would want brought in, it's the new model and it's done very well so far, mixed with a bit of experience.

I just see afew of our first 11 not up to the rigours of the prem and without much in the way of back up / options. Notably on the flanks and up front.

Comment

• Bournemouth will need all those extra players for their run in this season, they have a very nasty half a dozen games leading up to their final match of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X