No announcement yet.

January Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January notoriously difficult for transfers. On sale side clubs holding out hoping for stupid money. Loans sometimes become available if clubs can't sell players or if they buy a player late on in window which means someone else can be made available.

We cannot compete with bigger clubs financially so we have to bide our time. We generally have seen a much better approach to transfers over last year or two. We have come a long way since MW came in. The player turnover in his first window was massive. That we are now fourth in table and trying to use the window to tweak the squad speaks volumes.

Comment

• I still wouldt be surprised to see Wells back on loan. Brizzle has been a mare for him, apart from the extra cash that he went for.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
        I still wouldt be surprised to see Wells back on loan. Brizzle has been a mare for him, apart from the extra cash that he went for.
        This! Not excatly Håland, but will play for badge..
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          I still wouldt be surprised to see Wells back on loan. Brizzle has been a mare for him, apart from the extra cash that he went for.
          Would love him back for us!

Comment

• Wells would be good and would add something to the team beyond just cover. Get the feeling he would enjoy coming back too.

Comment

• I'm sure Warbs said in the post match interview we're in discussions with a number of clubs on attacking options. Wells just isnt at the races at Brizzle and is an expensive player to have on the bench. I think it would be a good move for both clubs for us to have him till the end of the season. Brizzle should be okay in mid table and sre skint!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...us-6411206.amp

Comment

• Nahki Wells first choice for me but if it fails to materialise then Freddie Ladopo of Rotherham on a loan with a view to buy would be a decent shout imo,

Comment

• would take Wells back on loan.

Seen weve also been linked with Callum Patterson as well as James McAtee from Man City on loan.

Hoping we can two more players in before the window closes.

Comment

• Club are all over it and yes, patience is required. Our transfer policy has been exceptional of late.

No need to panic, we can’t afford to panic!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mem View Post
                      Club are all over it and yes, patience is required. Our transfer policy has been exceptional of late.

No need to panic, we can’t afford to panic!!
                      Indeed, we panicked after Uncle Tony & Co arrived and it took the best part of a decade to recover from it!

Comment

• Tom Laurence would be a fantastic signing but if Bournemouth are in for him too I can only see one outcome .
                        I'm sure Warburton doesnt have all his eggs in one basket

Comment

• Lawrence is a non-starter really, Bournemouth will get him, if he goes at all.

I'd rather be buying cheap anyway, working so far compared to our past efforts.

Comment

• Maybe Lawrence will join QPR for football reasons, but it is unlikely in my view. Likewise with Paterson, but if a deal for Wells is possible I would jump at it. He knows where the goal is and has some pace and loves to stretch defences. My only small concern with Wells is that he too will be affected by the International break at the end of March, still leaving us with just Austin for the following fixture (the others will either be injured, carrying knocks or jet lagged etc).

With games coming thick and fast we are going to need someone in.

Comment

• Big few days coming up. Lawrence a yes from me but it ain’t happening and Paterson no thanks. Desperately need someone with abit of pace in the attacking third big time. Dembele from Pboro would be my shout but looks like greedy Bournemouth are in for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                                Big few days coming up. Lawrence a yes from me but it ain’t happening and Paterson no thanks. Desperately need someone with abit of pace in the attacking third big time. Dembele from Pboro would be my shout but looks like greedy Bournemouth are in for him.
                                Dembele is a good shout, but he would probably cost a bit more than QPR would be willing to pay and yes, Bournemouth could be stockpiling players to stop rivals getting them.

Comment

Working...
                                X