No announcement yet.

January Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The idiot journalist probably could not count past 5.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
      Wingbacks???????
      This x 10 million

RWB the most important boots to fill at the club, despite my love for Uncle.

Or we change formation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
        Steve Cook to Forest instead of QPR and Lyndon Dykes is on Brighton`s and Burnley`s list of January targets??
        On his recent performances? What are we missing?

Comment

• I'm sure Dickie and Dykes will be if interest to preniership teams who have one eye on the championship next season.

But all our saleable players should have a minimum value of £15m each to even consider a Jan sale when we're in the top 6. I can't see more than one player being sold, if any.

If we dont go up I can see four players being sold in the summer for circa £50-60m and the cycle starts again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
            I'm sure Dickie and Dykes will be if interest to preniership teams who have one eye on the championship next season.

But all our saleable players should have a minimum value of £15m each to even consider a Jan sale when we're in the top 6. I can't see more than one player being sold, if any.

If we dont go up I can see four players being sold in the summer for circa £50-60m and the cycle starts again.
            Most likely scenario. However now we seem to have finally sorted ourselves out we need to have some faith the club can sensibly recruit whilst making a decent profit on transfers. That's who we are and if Brentford is our model then it worked for them. We tried spending bigger than we could and arguably that didn't work out too well. Back in the 80s we would sell a player or two every year to balance the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Most likely scenario. However now we seem to have finally sorted ourselves out we need to have some faith the club can sensibly recruit whilst making a decent profit on transfers. That's who we are and if Brentford is our model then it worked for them. We tried spending bigger than we could and arguably that didn't work out too well. Back in the 80s we would sell a player or two every year to balance the books.
              Christ when you mention the 80’s I think that’s about
              20 years ago. Oh dear! Oldish git. :0

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

I would be extremely confident that we have a long list of loan and L1/2 players for short term and long term options.

I hate the premiership with a passion and would be happy to see us being a top 8 championship club which is sustainable by selling those players on for £50m and seeing enjoyment in the new batch coming through. I want to see my team winning most games not getting thrashed in the prem and being on the wrong end of ref decisions to the big clubs.

All the prem us good for is £300m from one season there and parachute money. I love the championship as a competition and theres nothing wrong with knowing your place in life! I know one Leeds home and away season ticket holder who wouldnt mind being back in the championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by shanns View Post

Christ when you mention the 80’s I think that’s about
                  20 years ago. Oh dear! Oldish git. :0
                  Although I tend to disagree with much he says Shanns. I agree Brentford are a fine example but they've revamped their whole infrastructure of the club. We were fairly savy in the 80's but for me that was all undone in the 90's when we sold Sir Les and Sinclair. I loved Ray Wilkins RIP as a player but as a manager we never did recover from his shocking decisions. Not easy replacing quality. When we spent big that was purely on wages whereas we should of spent it on transfer cost. We also had redchap using his little black book. Very hard to build success in a way that we did in the 80's unfortunately
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by shanns View Post

Christ when you mention the 80's I think that's about 20 years ago.
                    Isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Undecided View Post

On his recent performances? What are we missing?

A new striker to partner him perhaps?
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• Will we improve or lose players in the transfer window?....It's a double edged sword.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                          Will we improve or lose players in the transfer window?....It's a double edged sword.
                          Find out in 4 weeks

Comment

• IF we have to sell BEFORE we buy to raise funds to reinvest (if we are that skint?) shouldn’t we be looking to sell/offload fringe players, out of contract at end of season or players who DO NOT impact our first team selection rather than our prized assets to survive? Obviously I’m talking about the likes of Barnes, Kakay, Ball, Thomas and Owens.

Comment

• Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
                              IF we have to sell BEFORE we buy to raise funds to reinvest (if we are that skint?) shouldn’t we be looking to sell/offload fringe players, out of contract at end of season or players who DO NOT impact our first team selection rather than our prized assets to survive? Obviously I’m talking about the likes of Barnes, Kakay, Ball, Thomas and Owens.
                              Collectively worth about the price the a happy meal

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Collectively worth about the price the a happy meal
                                Lol! Bit harsh that mate! Seems no sense keeping players if you’re not going to play them? Better getting a could in who could push and jostle the first team picks who keep getting the nod ahead of those mentioned. Plenty of up and coming talent in the lower league 1 or 2 we could develop and turn into quality Championship players.

Comment

Working...
                                X