Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shania View Post
    Not true!
    We can't afford as a club to go down imo this squad won't get out of league 1 its simply not good enough, that does not give us a divine right to stay up but we should give ourselves the best opportunity to do that and Warburton isn't the guy to do it imo.

Comment

Might happen but I fear this is the OP playing percentages and guessing hoping to say I told you so.
      Last edited by SheepRanger; 16-12-2020, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
        I have my frustrations with Warbs but I’m not calling for his head . We have been in every game this season bar Huddersfield .I have concerns around his team selection and lack of system changes but we are not in the relegation zone and I’m hopeful things will improve . Plus whoever comes in would have to work with these players as most of them are on long term contracts.
        We weren’t at the races v Blackburn, Preston Barnsley either which is 25 % of the season to date, however I don’t think we’ve had the rub of the green in some games and we have played some nice stuff at times. I’ve said all along I think the squads pony but on the basis he’s got no plan b I’m not bothered if he goes

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post

Come back to my post this time next week then. JN
          Ok! I wonder what you have to say then.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

I just spent 10 minutes trawling through some of the Warburton threads of this year, there's plenty of 'em! They're all depressingly similar.... I'm not talking about the opinions, I mean the content, the backdrop, the context..... When you look back you realise the issues/shortcomings from start of year and the summer are more or less exactly the same as today. Only difference is the excuses are getting worn out and paper-thin now. He is taking us nowhere - it's bleeding obvious.

https://www.wearetherangersboys.com/...ship-and-warbs

https://www.wearetherangersboys.com/...eed-to-do-next

https://www.wearetherangersboys.com/...7986-warburton

https://www.wearetherangersboys.com/...stick-or-twist

Yes. He is clearly a "good guy" and I suspect he has skills and competencies that would make him very effective in certain roles, a club CEO or DoF for instance. However, as Manager or Head Coach or whatever you want to call it, he falls way short.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

We weren’t at the races v Blackburn, Preston Barnsley either which is 25 % of the season to date, however I don’t think we’ve had the rub of the green in some games and we have played some nice stuff at times. I’ve said all along I think the squads pony but on the basis he’s got no plan b I’m not bothered if he goes
              I’d dispute that we were in control at Barnsley until Dickie got sent off , we were in the ascendancy at Blackburn at 1 all and lost to Preston with 2 moments of madness ( 2 pens ) from Wallace .I feel we were in all of these games bar Huddersfield where we were awful .Not making excuses for Warbs just stating we are not cut adrift and have been in virtually every game .

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

We can't afford as a club to go down imo this squad won't get out of league 1 its simply not good enough, that does not give us a divine right to stay up but we should give ourselves the best opportunity to do that and Warburton isn't the guy to do it imo.
                I see what you mean, and I do also want us to go for a new manager, but I just can`t see Sir Les doing it before it`s too late.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                  will go this sunday regardless of result at wycombe. club already looking at replacements. Keen on Paul Cook. Available. Did well at wigan. Dont shoot the messenger. JN
                  Erm..... No! It's amazing when your predictions don't come true, you disappear on us which is 99 percent of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                    You get rid of MW who do you get there is nobody out there that is free that could do a better job.
                    Most of them are failures better with the devil you know, probably end up with one of LF mates such as Tim Sherwood who is a complete ######.
                    Anyone can do a better job.
                    No one can do worse can they

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post

You’ll have a shock if we get Ainsworth. He’s proper one dimensional. I’ve seen Wycombe play quite a few times and it ain’t pretty.
                      Agree there, but Cook , Pearson or the Cowley brothers could possibly do a better job with this squad and maybe a tweak here and there in January.
                      The Cowley brothers didn’t do as bad job at rescuing a Huddersfield side that was rock bottom after about 10 games or so.

Cook did well with a Wigan side that only got relegated by a points deduction.

Pearson has loads of experience at this level winning promotion and challenging for the play offs.

Comment

I’d dispute that we were in control at Barnsley until Dickie got sent off , we were in the ascendancy at Blackburn at 1 all and lost to Preston with 2 moments of madness ( 2 pens ) from Wallace .I feel we were in all of these games bar Huddersfield where we were awful .Not making excuses for Warbs just stating we are not cut adrift and have been in virtually every game .
                        I think the moments of madness and schoolboy errors harsh to blame on Warburton if they were infrequent but all too often a midfielder can run 50 yards at us with no attempt to foul or challenge is stuff done on a training ground in terms of defence shape. I think the thing we would both agree on is formation and Bonne comes on left wing which is just daft and no plan b. im not fussed if he goes or stays a month ago id of said keep until the end of season but MW has made no effort to change things. come Saturday it could be 3 points from something like 9 games. no point banging on about not trying 2 CF together even if they did 3 hours training in between games you would get some idea. If he goes so be it but I will say whoever comes in has a tough job as we aint got 1 player that can cross a football in the championship thats worrying.

Comment

Our dof is apparently off doing some punditry on Newcastle this evening.
                          Thought the bloke might have more pressing matters to deal with in his very handsomely paid day job.
                          But no off talking about his one love Newcastle

Comment

My wife supports Burnley and we go to a few of their games each year. When Dyche took over, it took over a season for the pieces of his game plan to come together. You'd go to one game and the left wing would be gelling. Then, a couple of months after that, you'd see the defending at set pieces coming together, and so on. I think it's extraordinary that some on here can't see the progress that's been made in terms of passing, movement and defending. Yeah we don't have anyone as good as Wells (or even Hughill) up front and that's simply because we have the third smallest budget in this league and massive overhalls don't come together that quickly.

Hoping for miracles is one thing, throwing a fit and screaming because they don't happen is quite another. It's a point I've made before, but my other half reckons Loftus Rd has the most negative fans she's ever come across and, reading a lot of the above, it would be hard to argue with her. Warnock was a one-off who lured the spine of a very good Palace side to follow him over to a place where they were lighting cigars with ten pound notes.

In the last decade, outside of that one season, when have we ever done enough to warrant having a sense of entitlement to instant success? Bobby Z robbing Derby as part of an abysmal team run by Redknapp? The fans who wanted Warnock sacked seem to be the same people who whine endlessly about why we didn't reappoint him. They always have a great new manager to bring in and, when he does arrive, he's usually just as #### as the last one. Ferdinand et al are trying to build a sustainable structure on a bloody shoestring and, for the long-term good, I think we have to be better at sucking it up, tightening our belts and being patient. Ask any Burnley fan.

Comment

I have my frustrations with Warbs but I’m not calling for his head . We have been in every game this season bar Huddersfield .I have concerns around his team selection and lack of system changes but we are not in the relegation zone and I’m hopeful things will improve . Plus whoever comes in would have to work with these players as most of them are on long term contracts.
                              we may have been in all the matches, but in all honesty haven’t looked like winning most of those.

Derby are winning against Swansea and QPR could be in the bottom 3 or just above in by 5pm on Saturday.

yes it’s true anyone else will have to work with the squad but I am confident they could do a better job of it and also have more than plan A to work on.

the main sticking point for me is the DoF,
                              a) is he going to get the right man in
                              b) is he putting off decent applicants who don’t want to work with him. The solution here might be to sack him too (but will that be too costly for the club to pay off the manager, his staff and the DoF)? If it is, then we could end up getting relegated which in the long term could end up costing the club a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by timscott View Post
                                My wife supports Burnley and we go to a few of their games each year. When Dyche took over, it took over a season for the pieces of his game plan to come together. You'd go to one game and the left wing would be gelling. Then, a couple of months after that, you'd see the defending at set pieces coming together, and so on. I think it's extraordinary that some on here can't see the progress that's been made in terms of passing, movement and defending. Yeah we don't have anyone as good as Wells (or even Hughill) up front and that's simply because we have the third smallest budget in this league and massive overhalls don't come together that quickly.

Hoping for miracles is one thing, throwing a fit and screaming because they don't happen is quite another. It's a point I've made before, but my other half reckons Loftus Rd has the most negative fans she's ever come across and, reading a lot of the above, it would be hard to argue with her. Warnock was a one-off who lured the spine of a very good Palace side to follow him over to a place where they were lighting cigars with ten pound notes.

In the last decade, outside of that one season, when have we ever done enough to warrant having a sense of entitlement to instant success? Bobby Z robbing Derby as part of an abysmal team run by Redknapp? The fans who wanted Warnock sacked seem to be the same people who whine endlessly about why we didn't reappoint him. They always have a great new manager to bring in and, when he does arrive, he's usually just as #### as the last one. Ferdinand et al are trying to build a sustainable structure on a bloody shoestring and, for the long-term good, I think we have to be better at sucking it up, tightening our belts and being patient. Ask any Burnley fan.
                                Couldn't agree more, I'm not Warburtons biggest fan, and we have been dreadful at times this season, but sorry some of the fans on here are completely deluded, why on earth would some of the names mentioned even consider us.
                                This season was always going to be difficult and this has proved to be the case. We are a team in transition, would a new manager solve our current predicament-who knows? One thing is for certain if we hit a rocky patch then people on here will be quick to #### off everybody involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X