warburton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

we may have been in all the matches, but in all honesty haven’t looked like winning most of those.

Derby are winning against Swansea and QPR could be in the bottom 3 or just above in by 5pm on Saturday.

yes it’s true anyone else will have to work with the squad but I am confident they could do a better job of it and also have more than plan A to work on.

the main sticking point for me is the DoF,
    a) is he going to get the right man in
    b) is he putting off decent applicants who don’t want to work with him. The solution here might be to sack him too (but will that be too costly for the club to pay off the manager, his staff and the DoF)? If it is, then we could end up getting relegated which in the long term could end up costing the club a lot more.
    What managerial choices has he got wrong apart from Ramsey ? We did the up and coming manager in JFH . We tried Ollie again which most fans thought did ok and was harshly sacked . Then as is well documented Fernandez chose his dream manager in McLaren which Les has stated he didn’t agree with .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I’d dispute that we were in control at Barnsley until Dickie got sent off , we were in the ascendancy at Blackburn at 1 all and lost to Preston with 2 moments of madness ( 2 pens ) from Wallace .I feel we were in all of these games bar Huddersfield where we were awful .Not making excuses for Warbs just stating we are not cut adrift and have been in virtually every game .
      I agree we were in those games, but apart from Barnsley we rarely threatened to score either nor did we in some other games. Even those where we stole a late goal at Sheffield Weds and Derby, we barely created chances.

We have snatched a few points in games like Forest Bournemouth Sheffield Weds and Derby but those games were painful to watch because we rarely attacked.

I’d prefer to see us try and win matches as we often did last season rather than hang on in hope.

Comment

I agree we were in those games, but apart from Barnsley we rarely threatened to score either nor did we in some other games. Even those where we stole a late goal at Sheffield Weds and Derby, we barely created chances.

We have snatched a few points in games like Forest Bournemouth Sheffield Weds and Derby but those games were painful to watch because we rarely attacked.

I’d prefer to see us try and win matches as we often did last season rather than hang on in hope.

I’m not disputing any of that Stan I’m just saying we have been in every game bar Huddersfield and it’s been fine margins in nearly every other game , win , lose or draw . Again not making excuses for Warbs because if he had changed things up a bit more the fine margin games may have gone in our favour.

Comment

People are on about getting rid of MW the reason these other managers are not working is because they are no good at their job, if they were they would be snapped up.
          The club probably know what positions that needs too strengthen, I'm sure that will happen there is a lot of clubs that are poor in this league the results tell you that.
          I believe we will still finish mid table 2 or 3 good results propels you up the table.
          But because it's a results business the club will panic get someone else in, which could take 4 to 6 weeks for the new man to start getting results, is it a chance worth taking I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by timscott View Post
            My wife supports Burnley and we go to a few of their games each year. When Dyche took over, it took over a season for the pieces of his game plan to come together. You'd go to one game and the left wing would be gelling. Then, a couple of months after that, you'd see the defending at set pieces coming together, and so on. I think it's extraordinary that some on here can't see the progress that's been made in terms of passing, movement and defending. Yeah we don't have anyone as good as Wells (or even Hughill) up front and that's simply because we have the third smallest budget in this league and massive overhalls don't come together that quickly.

Hoping for miracles is one thing, throwing a fit and screaming because they don't happen is quite another. It's a point I've made before, but my other half reckons Loftus Rd has the most negative fans she's ever come across and, reading a lot of the above, it would be hard to argue with her. Warnock was a one-off who lured the spine of a very good Palace side to follow him over to a place where they were lighting cigars with ten pound notes.

In the last decade, outside of that one season, when have we ever done enough to warrant having a sense of entitlement to instant success? Bobby Z robbing Derby as part of an abysmal team run by Redknapp? The fans who wanted Warnock sacked seem to be the same people who whine endlessly about why we didn't reappoint him. They always have a great new manager to bring in and, when he does arrive, he's usually just as #### as the last one. Ferdinand et al are trying to build a sustainable structure on a bloody shoestring and, for the long-term good, I think we have to be better at sucking it up, tightening our belts and being patient. Ask any Burnley fan.
            You may have valid points there , but please enlighten us on here what part of the plan A is coming together. It’s not the defending, it’s not the midfield and it’s not the creativity or the goal scoring.

we can’t defend set pieces well. We give possession away to easily. There is no real focus in attack.

Comment

You may have valid points there , but please enlighten us on here what part of the plan A is coming together. It’s not the defending, it’s not the midfield and it’s not the creativity or the goal scoring.

we can’t defend set pieces well. We give possession away to easily. There is no real focus in attack.
              I have to strongly disagree on focus of attack it’s Dykes followed by take dykes off and put Bonne on the wing. Er that’s it

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Ok! I wonder what you have to say then.
                He wont say anything ,he wont reappear again until he comes out with his next bit of nonsense in a few months time ,and the usual suspects on here will come out with "thank you james" !!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

He wont say anything ,he wont reappear again until he comes out with his next bit of nonsense in a few months time ,and the usual suspects on here will come out with "thank you james" !!
                  You could be true, but I think we all are "the usual suspects on here" from time to time.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by timscott View Post
                    My wife supports Burnley and we go to a few of their games each year. When Dyche took over, it took over a season for the pieces of his game plan to come together. You'd go to one game and the left wing would be gelling. Then, a couple of months after that, you'd see the defending at set pieces coming together, and so on. I think it's extraordinary that some on here can't see the progress that's been made in terms of passing, movement and defending. Yeah we don't have anyone as good as Wells (or even Hughill) up front and that's simply because we have the third smallest budget in this league and massive overhalls don't come together that quickly.

Hoping for miracles is one thing, throwing a fit and screaming because they don't happen is quite another. It's a point I've made before, but my other half reckons Loftus Rd has the most negative fans she's ever come across and, reading a lot of the above, it would be hard to argue with her. Warnock was a one-off who lured the spine of a very good Palace side to follow him over to a place where they were lighting cigars with ten pound notes.

In the last decade, outside of that one season, when have we ever done enough to warrant having a sense of entitlement to instant success? Bobby Z robbing Derby as part of an abysmal team run by Redknapp? The fans who wanted Warnock sacked seem to be the same people who whine endlessly about why we didn't reappoint him. They always have a great new manager to bring in and, when he does arrive, he's usually just as #### as the last one. Ferdinand et al are trying to build a sustainable structure on a bloody shoestring and, for the long-term good, I think we have to be better at sucking it up, tightening our belts and being patient. Ask any Burnley fan.
                    ####off you #####.....wife lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

Nothing wrong with thanking someone who provide rumours on a message board, or do you come on here for facts?
                      Because if you do...........

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                        People are on about getting rid of MW the reason these other managers are not working is because they are no good at their job, if they were they would be snapped up.
                        The club probably know what positions that needs too strengthen, I'm sure that will happen there is a lot of clubs that are poor in this league the results tell you that.
                        I believe we will still finish mid table 2 or 3 good results propels you up the table.
                        But because it's a results business the club will panic get someone else in, which could take 4 to 6 weeks for the new man to start getting results, is it a chance worth taking I don't think so.
                        So you believe in the players we have here then?
                        Ok, but these results won't change if the manager can't change tactics.
                        This manager has a track record for playing the "Arsenal way" and never changing.
                        So what do you think will change to get the run of results?
                        If we get Charlie Austin it doesn't mean the defence won't concede from set pieces.
                        Chaz would have to score 5 to get a point.
                        I think the problem is we play pretty possession football, but pointless.
                        And fans see this as we're going somewhere, well yes we are lge 1.
                        Did Neil Warnock not play nice football?
                        Yes he did and winning football, because he utilised a striker hated by supporters into a proper role.
                        Dykes is a major disappointment imo, but is it because we're not using him in way he should be, target man, laying the ball off, holding it up and having runners beyond him?
                        And that is all down to the manager

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

Couldn't agree more, I'm not Warburtons biggest fan, and we have been dreadful at times this season, but sorry some of the fans on here are completely deluded, why on earth would some of the names mentioned even consider us.
                          This season was always going to be difficult and this has proved to be the case. We are a team in transition, would a new manager solve our current predicament-who knows? One thing is for certain if we hit a rocky patch then people on here will be quick to #### off everybody involved.
                          Excuse me, but I`m probably one of the deluded posters on here, but what about trying a foreign manager this time. One who acknowledges working with the defence as a vital part of the coaching.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Excuse me, but I`m probably one of the deluded posters on here, but what about trying a foreign manager this time. One who acknowledges working with the defence as a vital part of the coaching.
                            All for oversees manager I’d like klopp, or the guy Dortmund booted out. What’s jokanovic up to

Comment

The best coaches/managers in professional sports today get the most out of any squad they command.

Can anyone truly say MW has shown ANY of that ability?

We are stiff and stodgy in formation, lack pace and urgency, can’t deliver on set plays to save our life, and refuse to play two strikers while continuing to play aging veterans over promising young talent.

If we lost the next five games but showed aggressiveness, pace, and courage, I’d few qualms with the results. Given we don’t want to even attempt any of these very coachable changes, every loss feels like a gut punch.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

All for oversees manager I’d like klopp, or the guy Dortmund booted out. What’s jokanovic up to
                                I don`t know really. He was OK, and we have to act swiftly now imo..

QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X