What We Need to Do Next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What We Need to Do Next

This season's now all but over -- beyond getting a closer look at some players, and assuming we lose Eze and Hugill between now and the start of the next campaign, here's what we need to do:

Rebuild from the back -- Short of finding a great veteran keeper, send Lumley out on loan and bring Dillon back from loan
    Recruit and sign a veteran CB -- perhaps the one we tried to lure from Scotland
    Give Kakay more playing time at RB -- okay to lose Kane or Rangel
    Recruit and sign a controlling central midfielder
    Recruit and sign two speedy strikers -- ditch idea of bigger lugging center forward -- miss Wells badly.

Mark Warburton has turned out to be a tremendous hire who has the capability to adapt any new recruits to a more up pace, passing and attack game.
    With the money Eze alone will yield, let's invest the funds looking not for superstars but players hungry to play for MW AND for the fans.

What to do next, take a breath & chill & we move on, we ain’t going up or going down, just play the games out win, lose or draw & get ready for next season

Comment

I am chill about the last eight games, but given the next season will be quickly upon us it is not too early to look ahead.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lyle Taylor coming to us. Hopefully we're the reason he doesn't want to get injured.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised to see Lyle Taylor coming to us. Hopefully we're the reason he doesn't want to get injured.
          Haha! No chance! He wants to play for a big club.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangerod View Post

Haha! No chance! He wants to play for a big club.
            No he wants more money , so he won’t be coming to us .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

No he wants more money , so he won’t be coming to us .
              I think we want to bring average wages down to £7k a week but with a few youngsters in the squad on £3-4k a week I'm sure we can go to £10-12k a week per striker. We must have put £15k a week each into Wells and Hugill deals.

If we dont put £10-12k a week into each striker we'll be going down.

Comment

Where does the manager fit in with all this? I've questioned his record, his credentials and his ability a few times previously over this season but been told to pipe down because it's not his fault we have a poor squad and no money. I duly piped down but privately seethed at the fact Warburton was getting a free pass to be an ineffective manager - he should have at least some accountability surely?
                I know we can't keep changing managers but I just don't see anything in Warburton to suggest he can transform our fortunes and get us out of this slump we seem to have been in for a few years now. Ultimately, he cannot be omitted from any discussions about the changes we need to make to sort the club out.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  Where does the manager fit in with all this? I've questioned his record, his credentials and his ability a few times previously over this season but been told to pipe down because it's not his fault we have a poor squad and no money. I duly piped down but privately seethed at the fact Warburton was getting a free pass to be an ineffective manager - he should have at least some accountability surely?
                  I know we can't keep changing managers but I just don't see anything in Warburton to suggest he can transform our fortunes and get us out of this slump we seem to have been in for a few years now. Ultimately, he cannot be omitted from any discussions about the changes we need to make to sort the club out.
                  I think if your judging Warbs on this season alone , we can’t really complain to much .We have a bottom 5 budget ,spent £50k on a keeper and continue to keep cutting the wage bill , Pugh , Scowen , Leistner most recent.We need to give him a few transfer windows to see how he will shape the squad going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    We’ve tried a few managers to get us out of this as you so called it, I call it a transition period & now we need to pull together & keep warbs & try mould & build a side of challenging for promotion & that will take time, one game back & defeat & we here this nonsense but that’s your opinion & this is mine

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                      We’ve tried a few managers to get us out of this as you so called it, I call it a transition period & now we need to pull together & keep warbs & try mould & build a side of challenging for promotion & that will take time, one game back & defeat & we here this nonsense but that’s your opinion & this is mine
                      As per the thread title, I'm simply pointing out that Warburton has to be part of the conversation on any "What next?" thread - the outcome of such debate may well be that Warburton deserves more time. He's already something like the 8th or 9th longest serving current Championship manager by the way - the idea of a manager building and fashioning an empire over a few seasons doesn't happen anymore.
                      The reality is that we will start each new season with several new players. Our good players will be sold on in the windows and the duffers jettisoned. We need a manager who can come in and organise, galvanise, motivate and get the best out of whatever squad we have at that particular time.

Comment

I don't think MW should be shielded from criticism but for me he has done a pretty fair job with the limited resources he has, he had the team playing some very nice football and collecting enough points to stay out of the danger zone before the shutdown, I think it would be madness to not have him back next season!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

This has been a thoughtful exchange. Think MW offers us three things, all pointing to a deserved additional season at the helm. First, despite mediocre talent (especially on defense) and a small budget he has made us feel hopeful and competitive again. Two, in terms of talent we need, MW seems to have a very good rep with players looking to up their game. Means when a player chooses between QPR and other suitors, we have a leg up when the money is relatively equal. Three, with the carousel of managers we have had here, isn’t it time we tried to plant a flag of solidity and consistency?

Obviously, if we bomb next season, all cards are back on the table. Short of that, give MW a shot to prove his merit. He is clearly a decent guy and is committed to giving the fans something to cheer about.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                            This has been a thoughtful exchange. Think MW offers us three things, all pointing to a deserved additional season at the helm. First, despite mediocre talent (especially on defense) and a small budget he has made us feel hopeful and competitive again. Two, in terms of talent we need, MW seems to have a very good rep with players looking to up their game. Means when a player chooses between QPR and other suitors, we have a leg up when the money is relatively equal. Three, with the carousel of managers we have had here, isn’t it time we tried to plant a flag of solidity and consistency?

Obviously, if we bomb next season, all cards are back on the table. Short of that, give MW a shot to prove his merit. He is clearly a decent guy and is committed to giving the fans something to cheer about.
                            Totally agree , like I said he deserves a few transfer windows to bring in players that fit into his plans . The club has really got its act together off the pitch in the last few seasons by massively cutting our wage bill and still playing some exciting football with our young stand out players . Respect also has to go to Lee Hoos , Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey for implementing a plan and hopefully seeing it through .

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                              I don't think MW should be shielded from criticism but for me he has done a pretty fair job with the limited resources he has, he had the team playing some very nice football and collecting enough points to stay out of the danger zone before the shutdown, I think it would be madness to not have him back next season!
                              Bang on the money

Comment

Working...
                              X