Who was most at fault for today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3London View Post
    or we accept that we were beaten by the better team who are unbeaten this season and only 3 points ahead of us at the top of the league.

why do we have to play the blame game!

we move on to cardiff!
    Spot on with this comment!...We got beat by one of the best teams in the league, like our other 2 losses this season, we've lost to 3 teams that will all expect to be in top 6 at the end of the season....yet we spent a total of £50K in the summer (on a player who hasnt played a league match yet) and sold Millions of £s of players and we're up there going toe to toe with them..hats off to the team!! You Rs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Spot on with this comment!...We got beat by one of the best teams in the league, like our other 2 losses this season, we've lost to 3 teams that will all expect to be in top 6 at the end of the season....yet we spent a total of £50K in the summer (on a player who hasnt played a league match yet) and sold Millions of £s of players and we're up there going toe to toe with them..hats off to the team!! You Rs!!!
      This is Bang on

Comment

Wells, as the closest player, should have made the left back pass, after that no one closed him and he had a free shot. Keeper should have done better.

West Brom stopped us playing and when we did play their back 4 were bigger and stronger than our attackers and that’s why we didn’t get any shots on target.

Eze wasn’t at the races which is a big loss for the side. I thought Kane and Cameron looked poor and had off games as well.

Stand out performance in terms of desire and work rate goes to Ilias Chair, he was closing down in the last few mins as well.

Bottom line though - compare both sides squads and spends over the past year. We were always really losing that game!

Comment

or we accept that we were beaten by the better team who are unbeaten this season and only 3 points ahead of us at the top of the league.

we move on to cardiff!
          Good point well made. But I believe Lumley is the weakest link so far this season, I would like to see him learn from his mistakes and become a better keeper, let's see how he gets on.

Comment

I actually voted 10 outfield players, I think all 11 starters were "at fault".
            We were second best as I have already posted imo, and we win as a team, we lose as a team.
            Lot's blaming Lumley, and yes you expect him to save it, but there was no closing down of Ferguson,
            and JL got his hands to it, but it was just too strong for him and was pefect
            from the shooters pov, as it bounced just in front

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              I actually voted 10 outfield players, I think all 11 starters were "at fault".
              We were second best as I have already posted imo, and we win as a team, we lose as a team.
              Lot's blaming Lumley, and yes you expect him to save it, but there was no closing down of Ferguson,
              and JL got his hands to it, but it was just too strong for him and was pefect
              from the shooters pov, as it bounced just in front
              indeed - they guy even said in his post match interview - they just left me a load of space so i kept going - watched it again this morning and the bounce just before lumleys hand does him.

Ball was virtually holding Camerons hand playing so close together - eze jogging back and wells let him push past him without a fight.

so yes a team failure rather than an individual one.

Comment

indeed - they guy even said in his post match interview - they just left me a load of space so i kept going - watched it again this morning and the bounce just before lumleys hand does him.

Ball was virtually holding Camerons hand playing so close together - eze jogging back and wells let him push past him without a fight.

so yes a team failure rather than an individual one.
                Agree 3, I never saw the fella's interview but our game has been about the press, and passing.
                They wore us down good side. I wouldn't mind finishing second !!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  Wells, as the closest player, should have made the left back pass, after that no one closed him and he had a free shot. Keeper should have done better.

West Brom stopped us playing and when we did play their back 4 were bigger and stronger than our attackers and that’s why we didn’t get any shots on target.

Eze wasn’t at the races which is a big loss for the side. I thought Kane and Cameron looked poor and had off games as well.

Stand out performance in terms of desire and work rate goes to Ilias Chair, he was closing down in the last few mins as well.

Bottom line though - compare both sides squads and spends over the past year. We were always really losing that game!
                  well said.

they were better and of course, it was live on Sky tv so bound to happen that qpr qould have their worst game of the season so far.

Comment

we move on to cardiff!
                    The above, it was simple. We are in a false position and did very well. Next season we'll be even better.

Comment

Can I just say it’s obvious that we were beaten by the better team , but we are still in it at 0 0 until yet another Lumley mistake .Whos to say we couldn’t have frustrated them and held on for a point , it was possible despite the difference in class between the sides.

Comment

Lumley should be saving the first goal all day long. It wasn't powerful, he wasn't unsighted and it was well inside the post. His arm wasn't even outstretched as it didn't need to be as the shot was close to him, but he let it go under his bent arm. How anyone can defend him on this is beyond me.

The fact the player was allowed to run 20 yards unchallenged before shooting is another problem, but regardless he should save it easily.

Comment

We lost the midfield battle which essentially meant they had the space and freedom to play.

Good team but we should have caused problems for them.

Comment

I agree with the last comment: we lost the midfield battle. Meant we were often on our back foot, and unable to control the ball. Maybe Lumley should have saved the first goal (not the second -- he was blinded by our defenders jumping over the struck ball), but thought he had some other encouraging saves along the way.

The good thing is Warbs will use this game as a teaching tool for a very young and gelling squad. Let's see if that comes into play on the road v. Cardiff.

Comment

Not one shot on target the whole game.
                              Yes, West Brom were the better side on the day, but you can't win games if you don't hit the target.

Comment

With our goals at Stoke and Millwall plus Lee Camps last night, to name but a few, it is not only Lumley.

Comment

Working...
                                X