No announcement yet.

Holloway official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was not in favour of Ollie (nothing personal against the man) ...

Well he is now our manager so we should all support him .. Ive just watched the video and it tickled me ... You cant buy that enthusiasm..

I hope for our sake and his that he is a success ... I would hate his reputation as a QPR legend tarnished by a poor tenure.

I feel now that we should all get behind him and get some pride back into the club which has been lacking ..

Now i wonder was it the new curtains in the board room that persuaded him to join us ....

Comment

• spends a bit of time down here in Lyme, going to get your ears bashed Olly
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• He does remind me of that Drew bloke that goes round the country buying peoples old shite and selling for twice as much.
        Can't do worse than back him and see where it takes us.

Comment

• I personally think this is a very decent signing. Having read his column on SKy Sports, it looks to me like Ollie has lost none of his passion for this football club, and wants what's best for it - how many managers (ironically, since Ollie was last here) can we say that about? I for one think this man is going to bring a little bit of pride, passion and spirit back to this little club of ours. Sure, we could've gone for a bigger name or with more tactical acumen, but Holloway is the manager we need at this point. We tried everything else, and it hasn't worked - sometimes, you have to look backward to move forward.
          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 12-11-2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Wouldn't have been my choice.

But now he's here, he needs and deserves us to back him 100%.

Listening to him talking about not only our club, but football in general is like a breath of fresh air and least we know the effort and commitment he'll be giving it.

Hope he proves me wrong and makes me look stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              Wouldn't have been my choice.
              Nor mine, and I still think this decision was a massive cop out for reasons previously given (i.e. Les etc), but there could be a hidden plus. He sounds like he's learned a thing or two in the last ten years, it is possible that he could be better now than he was then. He'll need to be.

A lot will depend on how he constructs his back room, who inputs tactically to defensive duties for example. Olly is very sentimental but we need a hard headed thinker on board as well.

I want to see LR a bear pit again, and he can help create that vibe. Good luck to him.

Comment

• One thing you can be sure Olly will instill into the squad is a very strong and united team-spirit - probably something we've truly lacked since the NW days. No doubt a strong team spirit and self-belief can get you far and can compensate for any tactical limitations he has. All appointments are a gamble though and this one is no different.

People will express their doubts and concerns about it here and that's completely fine as it's what forums are all about, but there's no doubt they will give him their full support and backing because as genuine fans that's all we can do and is expected.

It's always a risk for a manager going back to his old club, but hopefully it will go well, and if it does I'm sure we'll be hearing more of the sceptics joining in to the chorus of 'Ian Holloway's blue and white army'.

Comment

• But f ack it. Let's give it our best shot. Make up sex is always fun.

Comment

• http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-to-qpr-return

Great read...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      Let's give it our best shot. Make up sex is always fun.
                      Best shot? deffo. Have sex with him? Well if he can do a Leicester then why not?

Main thing is to get LR a place to fear again and he'll do that.

Comment

• He's on tv now doing the Swindon vs CHarlton game.

I think he likes the look of doughty and I reckon we could see him getting more chances in the QPR team when he's back. I know a few on here rate the lad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                          Amen to that. And for those that don't like it, go round to Olly's house, he'll fight you !
                          yeah, and bring your f uckin dinner

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
                            I liked this bit:

"I just hope I can convince my players to appreciate being professional footballers and to give their all for the fans that pay good money to come and support them week-in, week-out. I want my players to relate to the people - otherwise football will slip too far away from the working man.

I'm going to try and make every player that puts on the Hoops shirt aware of how I, Les, and all the fans feel about QPR."

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post

That whas a convincing first interview. Like him or Loathe him, "The passionate one" is back.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

• Welcome home mate

Comment

Working...
                                X