No announcement yet.

DoF - Elephant in the room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find it shocking how personal people get over this stuff.... Maybe Les Ferdinand isn't the best DOF(Not that I agree with that) but why start the name calling? I think people have a right to question some of the decisions but it really does feel his heart is in the right place and it does feel like a long term plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
      I have asked many times, are we sure Les has 100% been signing the players on his own ? I just don't believe some of our past managers and certainly the current one will have zero input on the players we sign. More likely they are identified by a number of people then Les is sent of to get them. Huge difference.
      Les has said many times what his role is!

The manager wants a player, if it's viable, we go for the managers choice. If not, Les then reports back with a list of options and the manager chooses from the said list.

Obviously El Khayati was JFH choice and no doubt some more were but the vast majority are off Les' list otherwise there's no point in having Les in a job.

I think there's more to it than that as well as I'm convinced Washington was a Ferdinand signing rather than JFH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
        I find it shocking how personal people get over this stuff.... Maybe Les Ferdinand isn't the best DOF(Not that I agree with that) but why start the name calling? I think people have a right to question some of the decisions but it really does feel his heart is in the right place and it does feel like a long term plan.
        Long term plan...£22.5m on incoming players and we're in a relegation battle and now most of those incoming players are available to be moved on!

Comment

I find it shocking how personal people get over this stuff.... Maybe Les Ferdinand isn't the best DOF(Not that I agree with that) but why start the name calling? I think people have a right to question some of the decisions but it really does feel his heart is in the right place and it does feel like a long term plan.
          It's the demand for short term success, there was a huge cry to stay in the championship for 3-5 years and rebuild before going back up when we came down but there is still a demand to win every week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
            £1m profit on Polter is great tbf and around £1.25m on Chery. However, they've hardly set the world alight here have they? I want us to sign players that are good, not make a few quid on. Actually made a loss when you take into account signing on fees and wages but people seem to forget that!

Smithies and Hall would make a profit but absolutely no chance on Luongo, who we paid £3.6m for. Sylla cost £2.5m as well, so doubt there's much profit to be made on him.

We've spent £22.5m in 18 months, look at what Les has sanctioned and let it sink in...
            We're making a profit on two players we don't want? How can anyone complain? We have taken two foreign players for relatively small amounts, arguably made them better than when they got here (well done coaching staff - noticeable difference to Polter but still wasn't good enough) and sold them for profit!

Personally think we could get a decent price for Luongo, don't want to sell him though. If Sylla continues his form then we could absolutely make a profit on him.

Hall and Smithies could EASILY fetch £10m between them .

Look at what we bought and spent before Les was here and then get back to me...
            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

The manager wants a player, if it's viable, we go for the managers choice. If not, Les then reports back with a list of options and the manager chooses from the said list.

Obviously El Khayati was JFH choice and no doubt some more were but the vast majority are off Les' list otherwise there's no point in having Les in a job.

I think there's more to it than that as well as I'm convinced Washington was a Ferdinand signing rather than JFH.
              Thank you, then if this is the case and I have no reason to doubt it then there is a lot of #### being fired at Les for the signings which isn't his fault if the manager has chosen the players.

Comment

• Firstly... 22.5 Million not sure how that Figure has beebn created, However I am confident most of that can be recouped.... Actually I wouldn't be surprised to Smithies go for around 10Million when he does go. Also... When you look at how much the rest of the championship are paying is 22.5M much?

Comment

Any reasons for your conviction or just blind faith?
                  https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                    We're making a profit on two players we don't want? How can anyone complain? We have taken two foreign players for relatively small amounts, arguably made them better than when they got here (well done coaching staff - noticeable difference to Polter but still wasn't good enough) and sold them for profit!

Personally think we could get a decent price for Luongo, don't want to sell him though. If Sylla continues his form then we could absolutely make a profit on him.

Hall and Smithies could EASILY fetch £10m between them .

Look at what we bought and spent before Les was here and then get back to me...
                    The £22.5m doesn't include Bidwell and Yeni either, so £25+

Made them better? Really? Chery looked brilliant in Holland and his form got him in the Dutch squad! Be lucky to get anywhere near £1.5m for Luongo in my eyes but I don't rate him, he does split opinion. I think most would agree buying him for £3.6m was massively overpriced.

Hall and Smithies I agree, not sure £10m but around the £8m mark.

What do you mean look what we spent before Les. So what? We all know what happened then. I could spend less but that doesn't make me a good DOF!

Comment

Firstly... 22.5 Million not sure how that Figure has beebn created, However I am confident most of that can be recouped.... Actually I wouldn't be surprised to Smithies go for around 10Million when he does go. Also... When you look at how much the rest of the championship are paying is 22.5M much?
                      Transfermarkt

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                        Any reasons for your conviction or just blind faith?
                        JFH playing 1 up front at Burton. Ourselves being safe from relegation last season yet JFH refusing to play 2 up to experiment. Every man and his dog knowing Conor isn't a lone front man, so why not play 2 up? The signing made zero sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                          I have asked many times, are we sure Les has 100% been signing the players on his own ? I just don't believe some of our past managers and certainly the current one will have zero input on the players we sign. More likely they are identified by a number of people then Les is sent of to get them. Huge difference.
                          Easy: If a player is #### it´s an LF signing. If there´s a profit made, then it´s a total fluke by Hoos.

Comment

JFH playing 1 up front at Burton. Ourselves being safe from relegation last season yet JFH refusing to play 2 up to experiment. Every man and his dog knowing Conor isn't a lone front man, so why not play 2 up? The signing made zero sense.
                            OK, but why do you think it would make sense for Les to force it on JFH and the club?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                              OK, but why do you think it would make sense for Les to force it on JFH and the club?
                              We sold Charlie. We had to soften the blow by looking like we were replacing him.

Comment

The £22.5m doesn't include Bidwell and Yeni either, so £25+

Made them better? Really? Chery looked brilliant in Holland and his form got him in the Dutch squad! Be lucky to get anywhere near £1.5m for Luongo in my eyes but I don't rate him, he does split opinion. I think most would agree buying him for £3.6m was massively overpriced.

Hall and Smithies I agree, not sure £10m but around the £8m mark.

What do you mean look what we spent before Les. So what? We all know what happened then. I could spend less but that doesn't make me a good DOF!
                                You watched Chery on youtube in a slower more open league?

Yes agree Luongo may have been overpriced when we bought him but I think he'll come good when he gets a decent team around him.

Really? Smithies should go for minimum £5m and Hall we are basically guaranteed a big profit on.

So what? I don't even really know how to answer that. We were always doomed no matter how much we spent in the PL. Now we are in the Championship where we should be, and trying to do things that doesn't make the club look like a complete joke and make natural rather than forced progress.

Well the main thing is Les and Hoos are trying to stop this FFP stuff. Doesn't make Les a bad DoF because he has been given a remit in which he has to work within and some signings haven't worked, and some that haven't worked out we've made a profit on rather than HUGE losses as before. Some signings have worked out. I would hope that given time he would be able to see what is a good buy and what isn't (experience).
                                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Working...
                                X