No announcement yet.

DoF - Elephant in the room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hasn't he just negotiated a profit on the sale of Polter?

Comment

• To be fair to the bloke, (yes he has signed quite a few sh*tters) the ones we're selling mostly seem to be at a profit as far as we know?

Polter could be fetching around £3m
      Chery £4m

Signed Smithies, Luongo, Hall and Sylla who would all make us a decent profit if we WERE to sell them (not saying we will)

Yes he's signed a fair few poor players but no one can be sure if a player will succeed? Polter didn't succeed and it looks (with add ons) as if we will make a profit on him too. Some we won't make a profit it on, that's football. Christ Ferguson let Pogba go on a free, think about that.

It's not all doom and gloom, give the process a chance. If you don't want to...tough it's gonna happen even if you don't want it to so just get on board.
      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
        Yes he's signed a fair few poor players but no one can be sure if a player will succeed?
        Like Spurs in 2013/14....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Hasn't he just negotiated a profit on the sale of Polter?
          Yeah, the Evil Les lot conveniently ignore that...
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            As many as we can get untill untill the board agree he's a dud
            Harsh.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Hasn't he just negotiated a profit on the sale of Polter?
              I thought Lee Hoos was in charge of all things financial, like contracts, wages and fees ?

Comment

• Originally posted by rangersroar View Post
                I thought Lee Hoos was in charge of all things financial, like contracts, wages and fees ?
                I read that his new role was not directly involved in recruitment but was overly responsible for it.

I'd imagine Ferdinand goes to him for the green light to progress with a deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
                  I think the challenge is fans don't fully understand the role he is playing, and actually I think changing him will mean losing all the learning we have had. IT all depends on what the processes of his role... Does he say to a Manager, I want you to buy players you can grow and we can make a future profit from? If So Chery and Polter will do this? So my guess is when JFH said I want ### Player... Ferdinand simply looked at the above and decided yes or no ! So hence him not signing Defoe for Redknapp(if rumours are true). I do question a number of signings but I guess in the current approach it was always going to take a couple of seasons and some wins and loses.
                  I remember this working in the past, Remember when we brought Tilson and Peacock!! One worked one never. So far I can see some good wins so far... Lynch, Bidwell, Smithie and possible more to come....

Sadly the question is are the fans of QPR willing to wait two years and watch some boring football
                  He's there to protect Tony's interests as far as I can see. 2 managers in quick succession spend a ton of Tony's money on rubbish so he decides he needs a system that protects him against needing a complete rebuild every time a new manager comes in. Problem is that it really isn't working. We still need a complete rebuild every time a new manager comes in, the only difference is we are signing cheap crap rather than expensive crap.

Personally I think with Lee Hoos at the club now, if we had a decent manager in place then Les' role would be redundant!
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 10-01-2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I read that his new role was not directly involved in recruitment but was overly responsible for it.

I'd imagine Ferdinand goes to him for the green light to progress with a deal.
                    It seems there are to many people involved in transfers these days. In the past managers went to the owner and asked if he could have a certain player. The owner then tries to do a deal subject to affordability. Now the manager goes to the DOF, he goes to the CEO who ultimately has to get the green light from the owners to spend their money. It's a wonder anything happens at all !

Comment

So that idiot Les lumbered us with Polter but all credit to Hoos for miraculously making a profit on the player?

Comment

It seems there are to many people involved in transfers these days. In the past managers went to the owner and asked if he could have a certain player. The owner then tries to do a deal subject to affordability. Now the manager goes to the DOF, he goes to the CEO who ultimately has to get the green light from the owners to spend their money. It's a wonder anything happens at all !
                        Would imagine transfers took longer back then without mobile phones and a little thing called the internet...

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                          So that idiot Les lumbered us with Polter but all credit to Hoos for miraculously making a profit on the player?
                          Why can't you reply to a post without trying to be clever and having a dig at someone ?
                          People like you are the reason I don't post much these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                            That seems to be the gist of it B.
                            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                              I wonder if we'll get an interview from the man after the transfer window? Would love to hear from him! How he's still in a job is beyond me! The sooner we have Ollie choosing his own players and going to Hoos to see if it's viable, the better! While we're cutting costs, cut this clown out as well, I'm sure he's not on pittance!
                              I have asked many times, are we sure Les has 100% been signing the players on his own ? I just don't believe some of our past managers and certainly the current one will have zero input on the players we sign. More likely they are identified by a number of people then Les is sent of to get them. Huge difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                                To be fair to the bloke, (yes he has signed quite a few sh*tters) the ones we're selling mostly seem to be at a profit as far as we know?

Polter could be fetching around £3m
                                Chery £4m

Signed Smithies, Luongo, Hall and Sylla who would all make us a decent profit if we WERE to sell them (not saying we will)

Yes he's signed a fair few poor players but no one can be sure if a player will succeed? Polter didn't succeed and it looks (with add ons) as if we will make a profit on him too. Some we won't make a profit it on, that's football. Christ Ferguson let Pogba go on a free, think about that.

It's not all doom and gloom, give the process a chance. If you don't want to...tough it's gonna happen even if you don't want it to so just get on board.
                                £1m profit on Polter is great tbf and around £1.25m on Chery. However, they've hardly set the world alight here have they? I want us to sign players that are good, not make a few quid on. Actually made a loss when you take into account signing on fees and wages but people seem to forget that!

Smithies and Hall would make a profit but absolutely no chance on Luongo, who we paid £3.6m for. Sylla cost £2.5m as well, so doubt there's much profit to be made on him.

We've spent £22.5m in 18 months, look at what Les has sanctioned and let it sink in...

Comment

Working...
                                X