DoF - Elephant in the room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    He was at the club as an advisor to Fernandes before that. After the 2-0 loss at West Ham in October 2014

What's more is he recruited Ramsey shortly afterwards.

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/...ning_1_3961367
    An advisor advises he doesn't make the final decision. If somebody advises Tony to do something and he does it, it is Tony's decision not anybody else's.

Also interesting to note that it was because of Les that Manning came to QPR.
    Last edited by jmelanie; 10-01-2017, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
      The £22.5m doesn't include Bidwell and Yeni either, so £25+
      How much did Ferdinand get back into the club from sales in that period?

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        He was at the club as an advisor to Fernandes before that. After the 2-0 loss at West Ham in October 2014

What's more is he recruited Ramsey shortly afterwards.

Teflon Ferdinand has overseen us drop from the Prem to hovering above the relegation zone to Div 1. He has also been instrumental in amassing one of the worst QPR sides I've ever seen (and we have had some real crap in the past). How he's managed to do all this unscathed is beyond belief. As DoF this horrible failure has to be his responsibility or why employ him?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
          An advisor advises he doesn't make the final decision. If somebody advises Tony to do something and he does it, it is Tony's decision not anybody else's.

I don't think anyone is arguing that Tony isn't the crux of the problem. Doesn't change the fact that Les is useless as a DoF.

As for Manning, he's played 2 games and only 1 of them well so I don't know how that's relevant!

Comment

• The problem is that nobody knows exactly what his job it. At the moment it seems he is a scapegoat for everything. The other officials at the club must love this. I expect he'd even be blamed if the toilets were out of order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              I don't think anyone is arguing that Tony isn't the crux of the problem. Doesn't change the fact that Les is useless as a DoF.

As for Manning, he's played 2 games and only 1 of them well so I don't know how that's relevant!
              In fact....hold on, Ryan Manning was signed by Harry Redknapp before Les was here!

Comment

In fact....hold on, Ryan Manning was signed by Harry Redknapp before Les was here!
                Not according to the article stanistheman quoted

It says that it was because of Les he decided to come to QPR. I think part of his job is to promote the Club to youngsters as a well-known personality.

Comment

Not according to the article stanistheman quoted

It says that it was because of Les he decided to come to QPR. I think part of his job is to promote the Club to youngsters as a well-known personality.
                  Signed in January 2015 when Harry was still here.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/socc...ning-1.2059161
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 10-01-2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Signed in January 2015 when Harry was still here.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/socc...ning-1.2059161
                    Yes because of Les who was Head of Football operations. Harry was never responsible for getting youth players.

Comment

Yes because of Les who was Head of Football operations. Harry was never responsible for getting youth players.
                      Ah ok? My memory is letting me down there. I'd not remembered Les being here at the same time as Harry.

Comment

• I am getting a bit confused with this. Les was appointed head of football operations in October 2014. He replaced Richard Allen who left to take up a position with the FA. Les then became director of football in February 2015. So my question is do we now have a head of football operations or was director of football just a change of name?

Comment

I am getting a bit confused with this. Les was appointed head of football operations in October 2014. He replaced Richard Allen who left to take up a position with the FA. Les then became director of football in February 2015. So my question is do we now have a head of football operations or was director of football just a change of name?
                          Yes, it was essentially the same job but change of title Mel, following Harry's notorious "It's a stupid title really" remark.

Comment

How about Head of Football Operations then. Which is basically Director of Football.so yes, he made the decisions, especially as TF was correctly focusing more on the Air Asia crash rather than QPR.

Ok so he brought in Manning . is he new Taarabt then. Is he going to win matches in the same manner?
                            Last edited by stanistheman; 10-01-2017, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                              Teflon Ferdinand has overseen us drop from the Prem to hovering above the relegation zone to Div 1. He has also been instrumental in amassing one of the worst QPR sides I've ever seen (and we have had some real crap in the past). How he's managed to do all this unscathed is beyond belief. As DoF this horrible failure has to be his responsibility or why employ him?
                              Spot on.
                              How much lower must this club sink before someone decides he is not doing a good job as DoF/ HoFO?

Comment

• A lot of exaggeration on this thread.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X