DoF - Elephant in the room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    We was never building a promotion squad this season so what's your rush ? More haste less speed build in haste repent at leasure and that's what's happened to our season full of dross under the guise we're building for the future so just put up with untill the sun shines
    ??? The squad we're building is not a championship squad. The players aren't made for this level, just look at Cousins, Luongo, Ariel, Sylla and Yeni. Those aren't players who play the traditional championship style and they have the potential to develop into premier league quality players with the premier league style. The squad we have will grow together and soon with the right additions will get up to the prem (be it this year, next year, year after etc) and when they get there, without many changes, they'll stay there. That's what we're trying to build.

Also I think you misunderstood me. I mean that if we leave the championship with a side built around players who are "Championship Players", they won't adapt at all to the prem and we'll be right back where we started.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      ??? The squad we're building is not a championship squad. The players aren't made for this level, just look at Cousins, Luongo, Ariel, Sylla and Yeni. Those aren't players who play the traditional championship style and they have the potential to develop into premier league quality players with the premier league style. The squad we have will grow together and soon with the right additions will get up to the prem (be it this year, next year, year after etc) and when they get there, without many changes, they'll stay there. That's what we're trying to build.

Also I think you misunderstood me. I mean that if we leave the championship with a side built around players who are "Championship Players", they won't adapt at all to the prem and we'll be right back where we started.
      And you dont understand what I'm saying and it's this there is no harm in having some older short or shortish term players in to help these players find their feet in the championship to move on to the premier league , I don't know if you can't understand that or just need every I and every T crossed ,
      Youv'e just named players above that have potential to move on to premier league standard , potential needs help , Vardy at Leicester came trough lower league don't tell me he never needed help as many others that have came up through the leagues but no club could buy 20 in just over a year and expect it show results without the help of senior players
      Last edited by dogsrrs; 06-11-2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Suits some clubs but not others, don't think it suits us at all
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

And you dont understand what I'm saying and it's this there is no harm in having some older short or shortish term players in to help these players find their feet in the championship to move on to the premier league , I don't know if you can't understand that or just need every I and every T crossed ,
          Youv'e just named players above that have potential to move on to premier league standard , potential needs help , Vardy at Leicester came trough lower league don't tell me he never needed help as many others that have came up through the leagues but no club could buy 20 in just over a year and expect it show results without the help of senior players
          But we have that in the form of Ned, Lynch, Smithies, Henry, etc who have good experience at this level.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

A club of our size does not need a dof end of so get rid

Comment

Off the pitch we're doing well. We'll get the right manager eventually. Before Les it was Tony calling the shots and he proved he can't do it on his own. I for one like the fact we have Les as DOF. Think long term.
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Trust me Les is not the answer short term or long term novice in the position and will not appoint anyone who might
                threaten or undermine his position so if he remains we will just appoint another weak type like Jfh in other words a yes man

Comment

Ferdinand

He was a coach at spuds i believe so if he is sopassionate about our club
                  why does he not take the reigns himself until the end of the season.

He wont because he is to comfortable in his ivory tower.

He is waste of money and a resource the club can ill afford get rid now unless
                  of course he would like to put his neck on the line.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, his neck is on the block with this appointment. If he screws this up then he's gone.
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Just dont think he is up to the job he has two chances so far why should he get a third

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        He was a coach at spuds i believe so if he is sopassionate about our club
                        why does he not take the reigns himself until the end of the season.

He wont because he is to comfortable in his ivory tower.

He is waste of money and a resource the club can ill afford get rid now unless
                        of course he would like to put his neck on the line.
                        Teflon does wear out Bill

Comment

Yes but not quick enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            Trust me Les is not the answer short term or long term novice in the position and will not appoint anyone who might
                            threaten or undermine his position so if he remains we will just appoint another weak type like Jfh in other words a yes man
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Teflon does wear out Bill
                              It does if you keep scrubbing
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

loved Les as a player but for me DOF is a non job , just bring in an experienced strong manager and the whole role of DOF is redundant . Sorry Les but its time to go.
                                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
                                X