No announcement yet.

The Les and Jimmy appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reading this thread to try and get a intelligent constructive view whether this game might indicate a turning point for JFH and the players but all I seem pick up is ya boo sucks about moaning and moaners without acknowledging there been reason to

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      You obviously don't sit where I do at LR ! The expectations are a lot more than PO's.

As for League 1 managers coasting this division - I know an ex Premier League / Champions League winning manager that might struggle...
      Well then that is ludicrous. With the team that are in this division this year then automatic is unrealistic imo. Contending for the play offs should be our minimum aim.

I never said league 1 managers would coast. I implied that most league 1 managers could do what JFH is doing with the players he has available.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        I've been reading this thread to try and get a intelligent constructive view whether this game might indicate a turning point for JFH and the players but all I seem pick up is ya boo sucks about moaning and moaners without acknowledging there been reason to
        That's because nobody knows. Yesterday he put out a good team who played well. Normally that would mean the same team or similar would play Saturday, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          I genuinely think there is more to come from this squad. I just think we need a better manager to bring out their best qualities and implement a better style of playing suited to the players we have.
          This squad could and should be doing a bit better. I know some think it's beyond us, but the reality is being comfortably top 6 is more than achievable. Even beating Preston would have seen us in there. Add Blackburn and Reading to it and we'd be sitting pretty.

This division is very average. Not a lot of quality in it at all. If we had approached every game like we did last night's, then I doubt there would be much negativity amongst the fans and I suspect the general feel-good factor would be very much in evidence as we would be exceeding the expectations of many.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
            That's because nobody knows. Yesterday he put out a good team who played well. Normally that would mean the same team or similar would play Saturday, but who knows.
            J posters know their opinions ! Fulham we had the rub of the green but had our moments Reading was poor but there was decent spells last night from all accounts we played some consistent football what I wanted to know does anybody see that there was things turning was there an indication JFH is starting something

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              This squad could and should be doing a bit better. I know some think it's beyond us, but the reality is being comfortably top 6 is more than achievable. Even beating Preston would have seen us in there. Add Blackburn and Reading to it and we'd be sitting pretty.

This division is very average. Not a lot of quality in it at all. If we had approached every game like we did last night's, then I doubt there would be much negativity amongst the fans and I suspect the general feel-good factor would be very much in evidence as we would be exceeding the expectations of many.
              We should add Birmingham and Burton into the mix as well Brighton. Should of picked up 3 points in both those games!

Comment

I think I agree with Brighton above but would still settle for a mid-table finish this season. Poor division though bar Newcastle and Norwich.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  Well then that is ludicrous. With the team that are in this division this year then automatic is unrealistic imo. Contending for the play offs should be our minimum aim.

I never said league 1 managers would coast. I implied that most league 1 managers could do what JFH is doing with the players he has available.
                  I know. Because we've flirted with the PL there are people who think we should be back there this quick or at least on our way to Wembley this season. Don't get me started on those who believe we should be walking through a lot of teams in this division.

I'll just agree to disagree on your League 1 manager statement.

Comment

I suppose all are entitled to their opinions just annoying the way they change after every game,lose on Sunday with Henry starting and players played out of position again and the same people will be calling for Jimmy and Les out,until we win again and then the thank you les and Jimmy threads ,and so on ....

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      I know. Because we've flirted with the PL there are people who think we should be back there this quick or at least on our way to Wembley this season. Don't get me started on those who believe we should be walking through a lot of teams in this division.

I'll just agree to disagree on your League 1 manager statement.

Fair play. At the end of the day we all want QPR to do well even if we all don't agree on everything!

Comment

Thankfully some of us see the bigger picture. No more mercenaries, we have wage caps, passionate players (you clearly see that when we win or score, regardless of quality) and passionate people upstairs at QPR. Alot of us said it would take a few years to really rebuild and get back to the Prem. We finished mid table last season and I predicted we'd be pushing for top half/maybe a play off spot this season which is what we seem to be doing at the moment. Football has been shyte but I am prepared to see the season out and see where we end up. Glad TF and co have learnt to ignore our some of our fan base who moan at (literally) every opportunity. Good on them.

Onwards and upwards.
                        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                          I suppose all are entitled to their opinions just annoying the way they change after every game,lose on Sunday with Henry starting and players played out of position again and the same people will be calling for Jimmy and Les out,until we win again and then the thank you les and Jimmy threads ,and so on ....
                          Human nature ensures you cannot just switch off from play off dreams when you are only one point away.

Comment

Should have won all our games bar Newcastle, Huddersfield and Barnsley? We'd be top of the League !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                              Thankfully some of us see the bigger picture. No more mercenaries, we have wage caps, passionate players (you clearly see that when we win or score, regardless of quality) and passionate people upstairs at QPR. Alot of us said it would take a few years to really rebuild and get back to the Prem. We finished mid table last season and I predicted we'd be pushing for top half/maybe a play off spot this season which is what we seem to be doing at the moment. Football has been shyte but I am prepared to see the season out and see where we end up. Glad TF and co have learnt to ignore our some of our fan base who moan at (literally) every opportunity. Good on them.

Onwards and upwards.
                              More often than not the moaners are offering constructive critiisism which is completely diffrent and we really need to push on for the play offs minimum
                              if promotion were achieved id take it yes we would struggle big time but financially we would benefit immensely and if we come down again so be it

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                More often than not the moaners are offering constructive critiisism which is completely diffrent and we really need to push on for the play offs minimum
                                if promotion were achieved id take it yes we would struggle big time but financially we would benefit immensely and if we come down again so be it
                                Spot Bill that's cos they want to tell you what good fans they are but if you're being constructive and you can be , you're not being denyal

Comment

Working...
                                X