No announcement yet.

The Les and Jimmy appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We will not improve or progress while Hasslebank is in charge,a year on and the football is even probably worse than last season. Jfh is too tactically inept and to stubborn to learn. All this that the team is jogging is a complete load of bowlarks.

Comment

• Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
      We will not improve or progress while Hasslebank is in charge,a year on and the football is even probably worse than last season. Jfh is too tactically inept and to stubborn to learn. All this that the team is jogging is a complete load of bowlarks.
      What because success isn't happening fast enough? It's gonna take time, but only if fans give him that time. We aren't gonna be improving overnight and, quite frankly, it's about time we stopped with the quick fixes and went for a slower building process.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• If we start attacking too much, no-one will be able to keep up with your Top Scorers list

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          What because success isn't happening fast enough? It's gonna take time, but only if fans give him that time. We aren't gonna be improving overnight and, quite frankly, it's about time we stopped with the quick fixes and went for a slower building process.
          Would be nice to be successful but tbh I just want to see us to actually go out and try to attack and win a game. Hasslebaink hasn't shown an iota of this n cannot see it changing..blokes clueless

Comment

• Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
            Would be nice to be successful but tbh I just want to see us to actually go out and try to attack and win a game. Hasslebaink hasn't shown an iota of this n cannot see it changing..blokes clueless
            That's one way of playing football and not playing that way doesn't make you clueless.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              That's one way of playing football and not playing that way doesn't make you clueless.
              It does when team selections are baffling and when he cannot think on his feet to change a game at all and always reacts to late

Comment

• If only Carlsberg did coaching badges...

Comment

• Originally posted by Olly View Post
                  If only Carlsberg did coaching badges...
                  Hasslebaink must of got his off a cereal box,carlsberg was a bit to tough for him to pass.

Comment

• I will give Les and the club cred for having invested in a better scouting network.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      There is no evidence that a slower building process would give us success. Or that we would be successful under JFH. It's just your theory.

Comment

It's on another thread, but the point is the club and management are explaining what's going on, and it's going to take time.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...ging-12065055?
                        We all know things are going to take time, but not all have patience...
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• It's not the managers fault if the players are slow learners.

Comment

It's not the managers fault if the players are slow learners.
                            That's true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                              There is no evidence that a slower building process would give us success. Or that we would be successful under JFH. It's just your theory.
                              That is a fair point. I'd like to think that given time and tweaks here and there to a squad then something will click eventually due to consistency and familiarity rather than it all go south with quick wholesale changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                                That is a fair point. I'd like to think that given time and tweaks here and there to a squad then something will click eventually due to consistency and familiarity rather than it all go south with quick wholesale changes.
                                I don't believe in long term planning, that's yesterday's policy IMO. Particularly in football where players come and go. It's also a myth that young players will linearly improve with age. I think we should combine some sort of consistency and carpe diem kind of strategies.

Comment

Working...
                                X