No announcement yet.

The Les and Jimmy appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We certainly aren't going anywhere exciting under him this season, whether he builds and builds for a push the next season or so who knows.

I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      Firstly, great result last night. Very good win against a decent championship team.

However, JFH still doesn't fill me with any sort of confidence that he's a capable manager at this level. We've drawn games we should of won and actually for the first time in a while I think we've had a bit of luck on our side in recent games (A welcome change), that have saved JFH his job.
      He still looks tactically lost and doesn't seem to adapt well with in game management. The football we play is mind numbingly boring and I still think he either doesn't know our best 11 or is afraid to make the big calls when it comes to player selection or implementing a formation that works for our squad of players.

Can't see fans flocking back to Loftus Road anytime soon under his guidance.
      This doesn't seem to belong in an appreciation thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        This doesn't seem to belong in an appreciation thread.
        It's a public forum and everything should be up for debate. None of this poncy you can't post in this thread if you don't agree with me cr***.

I haven't gone to town on JFH but just expressed my personal opinion on him as a manager and why last night's result doesn't change anything for me.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          This thread

Settle down lads.
          i suspect that we need an open top bus parade down uxbridge road after this thread

seriously though, nice to be above those foolham tos$ers in the league table.
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Nas, I think you must be missing the point.

It really isn't drawing or losing that is the problem. It's the way we go about it.

If we had failed to score last night and it ended up 0-0, I think it would be very harsh for fans to criticise our performance. Frustration at the lack of real quality maybe, but the players and manager would never have got slaughtered because of it. Neither would they if they had been playing like that all season with the same results. It's the negativity, the refusal to entertain at the expense of various poor attempts at perfecting a defensive strategy that irks most people, in my opinion.

Very happy with what we saw last night, proper entertainment. Win was a bonus. Playing like that will get the crowds back. Playing like we did against Reading and others is what caused them to not bother turning up. It really is that simple.

Nobody wants to moan. And I can't see anyone doing so today, because there is no reason to do so. This season there have been plenty of reasons.

Post of the season.
            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

However, JFH still doesn't fill me with any sort of confidence that he's a capable manager at this level.
              JFH has had us mid-table pretty much for his whole tenure with no real threat of relegation so I'd say he can handle this level and is a capable Championship manager.

Is he capable of meeting the ludicrous expectations of some of our fans? Probably not but then again who can?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                JFH has had us mid-table pretty much for his whole tenure with no real threat of relegation so I'd say he can handle this level and is a capable Championship manager.

Is he capable of meeting the ludicrous expectations of some of our fans? Probably not but then again who can?
                Is any fan of any club happy with their team being mid table?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

The ludicrous expectations of competing at the dizzy heights of the championship play off's or even flirting with them. Your right i better reign it in!! Didn't realise the expectations for QPR were know to sit mid table and if we haven't been dragged into a relegation fight then happy days.

Most league 1 managers could join QPR and keep them mid table. There's nothing special about JFH. A Warnock or a Bruce tyoe manager has this team cemented in the play off's imo.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    Is any fan of any club happy with their team being mid table?
                    Don't bother me. Would rather be mid-table than in the relegation places. It's progressing from mid-table that is the goal.

Comment

Mid-table for a few seasons doesn't both me either, especially after the chopping and changing of players in recent years - We're recruiting differently and building a team where the core stays together over a few seasons.

The yo-yoing does us no good, when we next go up we need to stay up. I think as fans, our mind set needs to change and realise this.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        Mid-table for a few seasons doesn't both me either, especially after the chopping and changing of players in recent years - We're recruiting differently and building a team where the core stays together over a few seasons.

The yo-yoing does us no good, when we next go up we need to stay up. I think as fans, our mind set needs to change and realise this.
                        Bang on. Build a team that will tear the division up and stay up once promoted.

Comment

Does anyone think there is a lot more to come from this squad once they get used to playing football together? I really do.

Comment

The ludicrous expectations of competing at the dizzy heights of the championship play off's or even flirting with them. Your right i better reign it in!! Didn't realise the expectations for QPR were know to sit mid table and if we haven't been dragged into a relegation fight then happy days.

Most league 1 managers could join QPR and keep them mid table. There's nothing special about JFH. A Warnock or a Bruce tyoe manager has this team cemented in the play off's imo.
                            You obviously don't sit where I do at LR ! The expectations are a lot more than PO's.

As for League 1 managers coasting this division - I know an ex Premier League / Champions League winning manager that might struggle...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Does anyone think there is a lot more to come from this squad once they get used to playing football together? I really do.
                              I sure as hell hope so!! I don't think we'll properly start ticking over and becoming a challenging champ side again until another 2 years time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                I genuinely think there is more to come from this squad. I just think we need a better manager to bring out their best qualities and implement a better style of playing suited to the players we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X