The Les and Jimmy appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    Well why didn't he start it before the performance yesterday? Let's be real - Whilst the OP may of created for that (although I'm not sure), there are posters on here who are using it is a two fingers up thread, which is extremely petty.
    It is petty in a way but the moment we lose, the more negative of us certainly do two fingers up to anyone who thought we were doing well. So I think it works both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      But 5 unbeaten doesn't tickle your fancy? And you said JFH out threads come from a string of bad performances. It took one defeat this season for the usual 5 or 6 threads to be started and every time someone posts a positive thread, it gets inundated with calls of cringe. Neil Warnock lost 4 - 0 at home on opening day and 6 - 0 away against Fulham. Big defeats happen to even the best. But there has been a really good response to that in that after that match and the loss away at Huddersfield, we've gone 5 unbeaten.

And if you want to suggest that it takes 3 wins in a row to make an appreciation thread, it should take 3 losses in a row to create a jimmy out thread... we haven't done that yet this season and I've seen way too many Jimmy out threads.
      5 unbeaten looks good on paper, but the performances have been dull and toothless, which does matter to fans that go and watch for entertainment value. As said previously, we've also probably used up all of our luck... surely! I think it taking 1 defeat as you say, is a bit of a way from the truth? Unless it was the 0-6 drumming at home, which is totally unacceptable.

As always though Nasser you're TOTALLY missing the point here. Part of the problem has been down to the odd result yes, namely Preston at home and Newcastle, but it's SO much more than that... We're talking about the mind-numbingly boring performances. That has been the problem. It did take around 3 of them for most fans to start talking, and then the telegraph sting hit.

Comment

But 5 unbeaten doesn't tickle your fancy? And you said JFH out threads come from a string of bad performances. It took one defeat this season for the usual 5 or 6 threads to be started and every time someone posts a positive thread, it gets inundated with calls of cringe. Neil Warnock lost 4 - 0 at home on opening day and 6 - 0 away against Fulham. Big defeats happen to even the best. But there has been a really good response to that in that after that match and the loss away at Huddersfield, we've gone 5 unbeaten.

And if you want to suggest that it takes 3 wins in a row to make an appreciation thread, it should take 3 losses in a row to create a jimmy out thread... we haven't done that yet this season and I've seen way too many Jimmy out threads.
        Nas, I think you must be missing the point.

It really isn't drawing or losing that is the problem. It's the way we go about it.

If we had failed to score last night and it ended up 0-0, I think it would be very harsh for fans to criticise our performance. Frustration at the lack of real quality maybe, but the players and manager would never have got slaughtered because of it. Neither would they if they had been playing like that all season with the same results. It's the negativity, the refusal to entertain at the expense of various poor attempts at perfecting a defensive strategy that irks most people, in my opinion.

Very happy with what we saw last night, proper entertainment. Win was a bonus. Playing like that will get the crowds back. Playing like we did against Reading and others is what caused them to not bother turning up. It really is that simple.

Nobody wants to moan. And I can't see anyone doing so today, because there is no reason to do so. This season there have been plenty of reasons.

Comment

Well why didn't he start it before the performance yesterday? Let's be real - Whilst the OP may of created for that (although I'm not sure), there are posters on here who are using it is a two fingers up thread, which is extremely petty.
          I posted this yesterday morning before the game, because I and others are seeing little things that others aren't, or don't want to atm.

Polter has made progress here. Remember when he first came and used to jump for long high balls and completely missed them embarrassingly all of the time. Now, take Saturday for example, I think he connected with 90% of them? There is team progress going on as well and I will keep saying it as long as there are JFH knockers, it takes time, live with it. Teams in transition at our level do not win leagues or make the playoffs.

Chery has a function as a CAM and JFH has explained why he plays where he plays, not wide right. The club must be completely wrong and know less than we do, if they want to give him a new contract shortly. Henry slots if any defenders go forward. More than likely JFH has other players in mind for that slot who can be more positive, but we are not privy to other players readiness or fitness for that role atm. Like Cjskinz above has noted, there are flaws in our play-style and JFH is trying to figure out the best way to work as a team.

Every player has their own faults and attributes, they don't come off a factory shelf with 10 out of 10 on everything. Do the players know each others game inside out yet, no they don't. If he's not hounded out, I would confidently expect a fully functioning team next season, where everyone knows their job and we would expect to be challenging. I would rather 10,000 home fans in the stadium who get behind their team, than 14,000 who moan and groan on every misplaced ball. I'm glad we've moved on from the vigilante days, there wouldn't be any managers left. This is all OTT of course.

Comment

5 unbeaten looks good on paper, but the performances have been dull and toothless, which does matter to fans that go and watch for entertainment value. As said previously, we've also probably used up all of our luck... surely! I think it taking 1 defeat as you say, is a bit of a way from the truth? Unless it was the 0-6 drumming at home, which is totally unacceptable.

As always though Nasser you're TOTALLY missing the point here. Part of the problem has been down to the odd result yes, namely Preston at home and Newcastle, but it's SO much more than that... We're talking about the mind-numbingly boring performances. That has been the problem. It did take around 3 of them for most fans to start talking, and then the telegraph sting hit.
            People moaned as soon as we lost to Barnsley, saying that it's pathetic that we're losing to a recently promoted side blah blah blah. Not suggesting you in particular, but it took one match for the questions to start coming in and on the third defeat (note that the 3rd defeat came after 3 wins and a draw), people went insane, demanding that he leave.

The quality of football is something I've personally enjoyed so I'm trying not to comment on that seeing as so many disagree for their own reasons. But yesterday what I liked was that I saw 12.5k people not moaning and supporting the team from the start. Hoos said earlier this season that we'd hit our equilibrium at some point this season and I think it's slightly above what it was yesterday.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

People moaned as soon as we lost to Barnsley, saying that it's pathetic that we're losing to a recently promoted side blah blah blah. Not suggesting you in particular, but it took one match for the questions to start coming in and on the third defeat (note that the 3rd defeat came after 3 wins and a draw), people went insane, demanding that he leave.

The quality of football is something I've personally enjoyed so I'm trying not to comment on that seeing as so many disagree for their own reasons. But yesterday what I liked was that I saw 12.5k people not moaning and supporting the team from the start. Hoos said earlier this season that we'd hit our equilibrium at some point this season and I think it's slightly above what it was yesterday.
              OK Nasser.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                I posted this yesterday morning before the game, because I and others are seeing little things that others aren't, or don't want to atm.
                So you did. As you were.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

It really isn't drawing or losing that is the problem. It's the way we go about it.

If we had failed to score last night and it ended up 0-0, I think it would be very harsh for fans to criticise our performance. Frustration at the lack of real quality maybe, but the players and manager would never have got slaughtered because of it. Neither would they if they had been playing like that all season with the same results. It's the negativity, the refusal to entertain at the expense of various poor attempts at perfecting a defensive strategy that irks most people, in my opinion.

Very happy with what we saw last night, proper entertainment. Win was a bonus. Playing like that will get the crowds back. Playing like we did against Reading and others is what caused them to not bother turning up. It really is that simple.

Nobody wants to moan. And I can't see anyone doing so today, because there is no reason to do so. This season there have been plenty of reasons.
                  Hear hear.

Comment

Football is a funny old thing. Fans want to be entertained and wanna see good football. At the same time, they have very short memories about how games are won, just as long their team are winning.

Arsenal kept their fans happy for years under George Graham playing the most unimaginative brand of football, offside trap, boring 1-0 wins. Whilst people crack a joke, all their fans will tell you is they won the league twice (including a double) and a load of cups in an era where Liverpool were winning everything.

I'm the same, I'd love to see us playing nice football. But I'd rather see us win ugly than lose having sprayed the ball around and played attacking football all afternoon.
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 28-10-2016, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Crikey. Great post.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Football is a funny old thing. Fans want to be entertained and wanna see good football. At the same time, they have very short memories about how games are won, just as long their team are winning.

Arsenal kept their fans happy for years under George Graham playing the most unimaginative brand of football, offside trap, boring 1-0 wins. Whilst people crack a joke, all their fans can will tell you is they won the league twice (including a double) and a load of cups in an era where Liverpool were winning everything.

I'm the same, I'd love to see us playing nice football. But I'd rather see us win ugly than lose having sprayed the ball around and played attacking football all afternoon.
                        Yeah but there's only so much that I believe you could take otherwise you'd be supporting someone else , nobody became a Rangers fan looking for a trophy cabinet

Now on second thoughts I'd take a point or 3 away on a game like Saturday ugly or not it would still be a massive confidence boost
                        Last edited by dogsrrs; 19-10-2016, 03:18 PM.

Comment

The quality of football is something you've personally enjoyed? If we carry on similar to last night then fine but if he reverts to the negative dross then there's a real danger that you will be the only one in the stadium watching.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                            The quality of football is something you've personally enjoyed? If we carry on similar to last night then fine but if he reverts to the negative dross then there's a real danger that you will be the only one in the stadium watching.
                            I could genuinely see Nasser being the only one in the stadium as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                              You honestly think people that show their interest in QPR by posting regularly don't want to see green shoots ? Seems like your trying to make it a them and us thread

Comment

Firstly, great result last night. Very good win against a decent championship team.

However, JFH still doesn't fill me with any sort of confidence that he's a capable manager at this level. We've drawn games we should of won and actually for the first time in a while I think we've had a bit of luck on our side in recent games (A welcome change), that have saved JFH his job.
                                He still looks tactically lost and doesn't seem to adapt well with in game management. The football we play is mind numbingly boring and I still think he either doesn't know our best 11 or is afraid to make the big calls when it comes to player selection or implementing a formation that works for our squad of players.

Can't see fans flocking back to Loftus Road anytime soon under his guidance.

Comment

Working...
                                X