Make some noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    It seems the vast majority of people posting in this thread have entirely missed this and are continuing to slate the club, completely unnecessarily.

I suppose it's cathartic or something.
    Any excuse eh Hubble?
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
      For crying out loud Nasser, you do make it difficult to disagree with some of the adverse comments you get on here. By the team not having any character I didn't mean characters as in a play. I meant a style, an ethos, something associated with the club and therefore the fans. An identity that you can argue the toss about with your mates over a beer. We haven't got that now. Everything is still relatively new - that's why I said it will come back. Polter is a big bloke, not a big character. As for a hero, again, nothing to do with 'heroics'. I went to bed as a kid with a poster of Rodney over my bed. Rangers Marsh. Rangers Francis. Rangers Bowles. Rangers Stainrod. Rangers Taraabt. Hill even! Now.....? Rangers Smithies? Don't think so. Good keeper but I doubt any kids have him over their bed. My mates non-QPR take great delight in not being able to name more than one player now. Supporting a small local club is more than making a noise on match days and it isn't just the noise that is missing at the moment.
      How do you even think that's what I mean? Polter is a character in that he is the epitome of the work ethic and ethos the club is trying to develop. He shows passion weekly and his energy is infectious. That's what I meant by him having the character we want to have at the club.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• How did the cringey noise experiment go today guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
          How did the cringey noise experiment go today guys
          Same as normal Jim. PQ and R were in decent voice for the most part (few quiet patches but a real good 15 min spell or so in second half when it really got going ) but very little from elsewhere in the stadium.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• I never got a leaflet to whom do I complain

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
              How did the cringey noise experiment go today guys
              i thought the singers were in good voice today ,considering how little there is to sing about at present , when the Upper Loft joined in in the second half ,thought it was better than its been
              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                I never got a leaflet to whom do I complain
                I loved the German doing the Lord Kitchener advert in the programme. Quality humour or thick as?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                  I loved the German doing the Lord Kitchener advert in the programme. Quality humour or thick as?
                  The latter....
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    Same as normal Jim. PQ and R were in decent voice for the most part (few quiet patches but a real good 15 min spell or so in second half when it really got going ) but very little from elsewhere in the stadium.
                    Originally posted by vespa View Post
                    i thought the singers were in good voice today ,considering how little there is to sing about at present , when the Upper Loft joined in in the second half ,thought it was better than its been
                    Cheers lads. Hopefully the cardboard clappers will arrive in time for the Brizzle game

Comment

• Things are that bad at home that we need to create an artificial atmosphere.

Comment

• One thing I want to add to the talk about the lack of noise in the lower loft. I believe it is actually the parents/type of person we have there. There are plenty of kids shouting, chanting, singing all game long from age 5 to 21. It is the fact there are very few adults that ever sing. Out of my section just me and this one other guy. A fair percebtage of the lower loft also seems to be people who just refused to move, like older gents who cant make it up higher (fair enough but still not very vocal) and we actually have quite a few moaners who again dont have kids, just keep renewing im guessing. Yesterday wasnt that bad an atmosphere though for what was a rather poor performance. It lacked drive and spark. I think we are very reliant on Luongo and despite it only being his 3rd game, Wzolek(really hope we can sign him long term).

Comment

• Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                          One thing I want to add to the talk about the lack of noise in the lower loft. I believe it is actually the parents/type of person we have there. There are plenty of kids shouting, chanting, singing all game long from age 5 to 21. It is the fact there are very few adults that ever sing. Out of my section just me and this one other guy. A fair percebtage of the lower loft also seems to be people who just refused to move, like older gents who cant make it up higher (fair enough but still not very vocal) and we actually have quite a few moaners who again dont have kids, just keep renewing im guessing. Yesterday wasnt that bad an atmosphere though for what was a rather poor performance. It lacked drive and spark. I think we are very reliant on Luongo and despite it only being his 3rd game, Wzolek(really hope we can sign him long term).
                          I really can't see why he would want to stay her (Wzolek) which is one of things which worries me. If he has any ambitions, he would want to play with a team with ambitions which we are currently lacking.

Comment

• Anyone got a photo of the leaflets?

Comment

• Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                              Anyone got a photo of the leaflets?
                              Never actually saw one, I know someone said was in the programme so will see if I had one in mine later.

Comment

• Sad to say me and my best mate supporting rangers for nearly 50 years went to ascot on Saturday with my son 31 -25 years an R - tried to sell our season tickets heavily discounted to fellow fans on TWICKETS and no joy. It was my brothers 50th birthday - another R given it up a while ago. Games seeem very tedious and boring now with no emphasis on attack and although lots of potential a fear of losing first before playing. One up front with no Silar and Washington who both scored in the last game. No reactive midfielder just two holding players - it's just so so had to get excited. All three of us have agreed already not to renew next year unless something amazing happens like we win another home game, we play two up front or we challenge for the 6th play off position or see something anything to get us going. I though against Leeds that we were finally coming together as a team, squad or club. I was wrong we are miles from it Nd never have a felt such a divorce between manager/club and supporters. Our history pedigree playing style soul seeems to have been stripped away to some kind of functional passionless empty vessel called QPR FC. Name only no substance or content or history - all draining away. I went through Hartford Hart et al. It was never as bad as is. The other two guys are gonna miss Bristol City as after reading reports of the Reading game and watching all the others is year they expect more of the same. I'm thinking Bout it. But there was three emspty seats on Saturday! RegRds all, a very sad and despondent Leadham

Comment

Working...
                                X