No announcement yet.

Make some noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This won't work. Who's going to look at a leaflet and all of sudden start singing? The football gets the crowd going end of. The players need to give us something to react to. Don't really know what they expect, were a mid table side that plays very cautious at home.

Comment

Another tactic to try and keep everyone of JFH's back.

Comment

Nice one hoos gotta love an American trying to run the show, this is completely pathetic and false
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

As some have said its the team that get the crowd going, good exiting football putting teams under pressure, giving the crowd something to cheer about, which is what we are not doing,if you go to most grounds around the country if the teams not performing the atmosphere in normally poor apart from the away support

Comment

Agree with how embarrassing this is mostly because we are being torn apart on social media

https://www.facebook.com/uniladfootb...76264214461686

Don't know if it's already been posted but some of the comments are brutal
            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

SO embarrassing - What's with the player poses and signatures as well?

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                As some have said its the team that get the crowd going, good exiting football putting teams under pressure, giving the crowd something to cheer about, which is what we are not doing,if you go to most grounds around the country if the teams not performing the atmosphere in normally poor apart from the away support
                Whilst I do get this and in fairness it is human nature to react better to better football being produced, but I personally am a believer that we, as fans, should be getting the atmosphere going regardless, not using poor performances as an excuse to sit in silence.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Whilst I do get this and in fairness it is human nature to react better to better football being produced, but I personally am a believer that we, as fans, should be getting the atmosphere going regardless, not using poor performances as an excuse to sit in silence.
                  I agree.
                  Also, I find that sometimes (occasionally!) the atmosphere is still good so it is not as if it not possible to make it happen.

Comment

Yep, this. It's not all down to the players, that's bowlarks. If they're playing sh*t and we get an atmosphere going, it'll fire them up and help them.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

This more than anything makes me think the club is run by idiots

Noise in stadiums is driven by passion. You can’t fake that by handing out flyers.

There is nothing to be passionate about when you’ve got a #### manager who plays anti-safety first football. Add to that we are being told not to expect anything better than slow building and mid-table nothingness this season. The games become meaningless as no one thinks we will go down or up.

It’s no co-incidence we went so long without scoring from open play, watching that dross football hoping to nick a set piece. Not committing too many players forward leaving the front players isolated outnumbered so Henry can stay 60 yards further back on top of the centre backs so that he can later contribute his 1 tackle a game average.

Sack Hasselbaink and while they’re at it sack Karl ‘hide in plain sight’ Henry, then get a manager in who isn’t so risk averse and at least try and win a game or two

If he plays on the front foot and allows for some risk then atmosphere and attendances may improve

Comment

I agree that the crowd can play their part, but its normally based on how well the team are playing and if a team is on top the crowd get behind them

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post
                          This more than anything makes me think the club is run by idiots

Noise in stadiums is driven by passion. You can’t fake that by handing out flyers.

There is nothing to be passionate about when you’ve got a #### manager who plays anti-safety first football. Add to that we are being told not to expect anything better than slow building and mid-table nothingness this season. The games become meaningless as no one thinks we will go down or up.

It’s no co-incidence we went so long without scoring from open play, watching that dross football hoping to nick a set piece. Not committing too many players forward leaving the front players isolated outnumbered so Henry can stay 60 yards further back on top of the centre backs so that he can later contribute his 1 tackle a game average.

Sack Hasselbaink and while they’re at it sack Karl ‘hide in plain sight’ Henry, then get a manager in who isn’t so risk averse and at least try and win a game or two

If he plays on the front foot and allows for some risk then atmosphere and attendances may improve
                          You have got a lot right there but while I'm not trying to bull Henry up its just nonsense to blame him he does what every manager that's been here in his time has asked him to do , Warnock came in and put a positive step on the side yet he picked Henry , imo we are playing to many that still are not quite up to the championship level and arn't capable of putting in a full shift of the graft and physical awareness

Comment

Sh*t football never bothered the crowd when we were in divisions lower than we are now...always had a decent atmosphere from what I can recall.

Comment

What other club in the history of the football league has handed out flyers as you go in saying 'we want you to make some noise'?

Genuine question, is this a first in combating a quiet atmosphere?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                You have got a lot right there but while I'm not trying to bull Henry up its just nonsense to blame him he does what every manager that's been here in his time has asked him to do , Warnock came in and put a positive step on the side yet he picked Henry , imo we are playing to many that still are not quite up to the championship level and arn't capable of putting in a full shift of the graft and physical awareness
                                I really cant agree that he “does a job”. And in that Warnock’s brief return it was low scoring games each time I’m sure

With Henry it isn’t that he does much badly. Its worse than that. It’s because he doesn’t do much at all.

So he isn’t getting stick for cocking up. He’s just not involved in the game enough and if he is, its so far back that it doesn’t influence the game but he generally gets away with making a short pass as he’s so far back that the opposition don’t pressure him. It’s far harder to make passes in the oppositions final third.

Stats show he isn’t doing a job. Considering he is so wrongly allowed by many to have no responsibility at all going forward, its amazing how ineffectual his stats are on the defensive side.

Over 10 games he averages 1.1 tackles, 1.6 clearances and 1.2 clearances. So that each game he plays he goes 1 whole half without doing any of those things.

I cant work out what this job is that it’s claimed he is doing then. Surely you would expect more than that from someone in his supposed role?
                                https://www.whoscored.com/Players/8213/Show/Karl-Henry

Look at Luongo for example, he averages 4.9 tackles a game, 1.6 interceptions and 1.9 clearances. At least he effects the game and can carry the ball forward and create like he did when he triggered our first goal against Fulham
                                https://www.whoscored.com/Players/11...Massimo-Luongo

Henry is a massive part of our boredom and because he generally doesn’t get involved in the game he doesn’t get noticed but he is undoubtedly holding us back. Get rid of dead weights like him and it can help the overall situation and the atmosphere

Comment

Working...
                                X