Make some noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Route One View Post
    I really cant agree that he “does a job”. And in that Warnock’s brief return it was low scoring games each time I’m sure

With Henry it isn’t that he does much badly. Its worse than that. It’s because he doesn’t do much at all.

So he isn’t getting stick for cocking up. He’s just not involved in the game enough and if he is, its so far back that it doesn’t influence the game but he generally gets away with making a short pass as he’s so far back that the opposition don’t pressure him. It’s far harder to make passes in the oppositions final third.

Stats show he isn’t doing a job. Considering he is so wrongly allowed by many to have no responsibility at all going forward, its amazing how ineffectual his stats are on the defensive side.

Over 10 games he averages 1.1 tackles, 1.6 clearances and 1.2 clearances. So that each game he plays he goes 1 whole half without doing any of those things.

I cant work out what this job is that it’s claimed he is doing then. Surely you would expect more than that from someone in his supposed role?
    https://www.whoscored.com/Players/8213/Show/Karl-Henry

Look at Luongo for example, he averages 4.9 tackles a game, 1.6 interceptions and 1.9 clearances. At least he effects the game and can carry the ball forward and create like he did when he triggered our first goal against Fulham
    https://www.whoscored.com/Players/11...Massimo-Luongo

Henry is a massive part of our boredom and because he generally doesn’t get involved in the game he doesn’t get noticed but he is undoubtedly holding us back. Get rid of dead weights like him and it can help the overall situation and the atmosphere
    He's trying to steal your job Nas!

Do find this atmosphere initiative a little insulting to the fans. Pay £25 for a ticket, £££ and time to travel, and you get this flyer saying "You're not doing enough". (Probably being too cynical)
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Cringe Park Rangers

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Yep, this. It's not all down to the players, that's bowlarks. If they're playing sh*t and we get an atmosphere going, it'll fire them up and help them.
        So it's our fault we're not playing exciting Football?
        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Who's ever idea this is shows what little they know about football if they think the football is good enough , so the fans need to be told to get cheering

Comment

"We only sing when we're told to"

Comment

If there's issue with atmosphere now, can't wait til we half fill a 40,000 seat stadium...
              My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                "We only sing when we're told to"
                Now that's got to be the chant for Saturday Mushy to make them realise what they are doing to the club

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  Two week break for internationals, very competent award winning media team just doing something to get people revved up for the next match, rather than sitting on their arris's doing fark all.
                  But lets just coat it off and cringe .
                  Said it before ill say it again, thank allah we didnt lose to Fulham cos this gaff would of been unbearable

JFH OUT!
                  Kev, mate, it is cringe of the highest order. Like another poster said, if it was
                  the Fools or Scum we'd be taking the peas unmercifully. I've had some brilliant times amongst Rs fans and we don't need leaflets. The team has no identity at the moment, no hero, precious little character - and that all rubs off on the fans. It'll come back. Fulham away should be the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                    Kev, mate, it is cringe of the highest order. Like another poster said, if it was
                    the Fools or Scum we'd be taking the peas unmercifully. I've had some brilliant times amongst Rs fans and we don't need leaflets. The team has no identity at the moment, no hero, precious little character - and that all rubs off on the fans. It'll come back. Fulham away should be the start.
                    I'd say Polter is a big character player imo. Smithies' work on the pitch is heroic at times too. But I think the idea behind this is actually a very fair one, execution could be better
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post
                      I really cant agree that he “does a job”. And in that Warnock’s brief return it was low scoring games each time I’m sure

With Henry it isn’t that he does much badly. Its worse than that. It’s because he doesn’t do much at all.

So he isn’t getting stick for cocking up. He’s just not involved in the game enough and if he is, its so far back that it doesn’t influence the game but he generally gets away with making a short pass as he’s so far back that the opposition don’t pressure him. It’s far harder to make passes in the oppositions final third.

Stats show he isn’t doing a job. Considering he is so wrongly allowed by many to have no responsibility at all going forward, its amazing how ineffectual his stats are on the defensive side.

Over 10 games he averages 1.1 tackles, 1.6 clearances and 1.2 clearances. So that each game he plays he goes 1 whole half without doing any of those things.

I cant work out what this job is that it’s claimed he is doing then. Surely you would expect more than that from someone in his supposed role?
                      https://www.whoscored.com/Players/8213/Show/Karl-Henry

Look at Luongo for example, he averages 4.9 tackles a game, 1.6 interceptions and 1.9 clearances. At least he effects the game and can carry the ball forward and create like he did when he triggered our first goal against Fulham
                      https://www.whoscored.com/Players/11...Massimo-Luongo

Henry is a massive part of our boredom and because he generally doesn’t get involved in the game he doesn’t get noticed but he is undoubtedly holding us back. Get rid of dead weights like him and it can help the overall situation and the atmosphere
                      I agree that Henry needs to get directly involved more defensively, but I can see why we'd use him especially away from home. He is a cover player, something I always make sure when I use stats myself is that I'm also watching. Henry fills in any holes and without actually tackling or directly influencing play, he stops an attack from developing into something more at times.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                        If there's issue with atmosphere now, can't wait til we half fill a 40,000 seat stadium...
                        No chance uncle will build a 40k stadium.
                        I would bet two years of my wages that it will never happen.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Who is going to conduct the singing ???

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            Genuinely think that the football on the pitch is the only thing that can make fans noisier and bring them back to LR.

IMO, handing out flyers and doing a 'make some noise' campaign shows exactly how deluded and disjointed foreign moneybag football owners are with the fans.

Let's be honest, it's a ridiculous idea - A flyer from our multi millionaire owners telling me to 'make some noise' is not going to make me back the boys. Playing fluid attacking, exciting football will make me 'make some noise'. Do they literally think we are 10 years old?
                            This- the Board just don't get it, do they?
                            We sit there bored $hitless, and they expect us to sing out.
                            They should count themselves lucky that the fans are not singing negative songs such as You're getting sacked in the morning, attack attack or all we are saying is give us a goal etc.

Comment

Ive tried my hardest in the Lower loft, singing with my son or banging on an empty seat, plus my son shouts insults (he is 5 so at best its 'your kit is ugly' to their keeper.) and I just end up with looks of disgust.

Comment

Ted and the Northolt storm troopers !! Works both ways , honestly thought us fans won the game v Fulham . Long spells of pony football does take its toll tho. I want to be bouncing every game, club should create a part of the stadium where booze and beetles with singing and flags have a blind eye from the stewards.
                                Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                                X