Make some noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
    Ted and the Northolt storm troopers !! Works both ways , honestly thought us fans won the game v Fulham . Long spells of pony football does take its toll tho. I want to be bouncing every game, club should create a part of the stadium where booze and beetles with singing and flags have a blind eye from the stewards.
    We actually not allowed flags? did wonder why we never had any bar the days where they were giving them away.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
        Ted and the Northolt storm troopers !! Works both ways , honestly thought us fans won the game v Fulham . Long spells of pony football does take its toll tho. I want to be bouncing every game, club should create a part of the stadium where booze and beetles with singing and flags have a blind eye from the stewards.
        Surely when the club were being consulted about this idea, the fans said this? So hopefully the stewards stop being jobsworths - it isnt like they send the away fans out for standing.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
          Surely when the club were being consulted about this idea, the fans said this? So hopefully the stewards stop being jobsworths - it isnt like they send the away fans out for standing.
          Wonder if the black fella is still stewarding up in Qblock. He was perfect for that section as he knew exactly how to deal with people in a respectful manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
            Wonder if the black fella is still stewarding up in Qblock. He was perfect for that section as he knew exactly how to deal with people in a respectful manner.
            The fat old blonde Dorris she was very understanding and respectful

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              I'd say Polter is a big character player imo. Smithies' work on the pitch is heroic at times too. But I think the idea behind this is actually a very fair one, execution could be better
              For crying out loud Nasser, you do make it difficult to disagree with some of the adverse comments you get on here. By the team not having any character I didn't mean characters as in a play. I meant a style, an ethos, something associated with the club and therefore the fans. An identity that you can argue the toss about with your mates over a beer. We haven't got that now. Everything is still relatively new - that's why I said it will come back. Polter is a big bloke, not a big character. As for a hero, again, nothing to do with 'heroics'. I went to bed as a kid with a poster of Rodney over my bed. Rangers Marsh. Rangers Francis. Rangers Bowles. Rangers Stainrod. Rangers Taraabt. Hill even! Now.....? Rangers Smithies? Don't think so. Good keeper but I doubt any kids have him over their bed. My mates non-QPR take great delight in not being able to name more than one player now. Supporting a small local club is more than making a noise on match days and it isn't just the noise that is missing at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                Rangers Smithies? Don't think so..
                Sounds like a "character" from Yogi Bear though...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Sounds like a "character" from Yogi Bear though...
                  Haha....yeah, what was the Ranger called?

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                    Haha....yeah, what was the Ranger called?
                    Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Smith
                      Durrrr......

Comment

• F*** me! just seen this crap and what a load of B***ocks!

Embarrassing and cringe worthy stunt by the club. SOrt the boring one dimensional football out and we might have something to cheer about!!

Comment

• Free beer maybe?
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• I hope they don't play that video on Saturday. I'm not sure what I find worst about it, but the players being forced into saying things they obviously don't mean is up there.

Comment

• Cringe Park Rangers as Jimmy said above somewhere, could never be so more apparent with our little campaigns and videos nowadays before any old game.

I'm all for a WeR YouR TogetheR type pun to make the club feel together, but we turn a new one out every few months or so now since the mercenaries left.

The #HoopsAllTheWay one made me cringe.
                              Last edited by West London is Rss; 13-10-2016, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                We've been asked to pass on this follow-up message from the club's press/media dept:

"Following up on this in the wake of the reaction we’ve seen on social media in the last few hours…

Lee Hoos met with a number of supporters, many from Q block where the atmosphere tends to generate from on a matchday, to discuss how the Loftus Road atmosphere can be improved during this season.

He asked them for their suggestions and this campaign was one that they came up with.

It’s a fan-led campaign which the club is more than happy to support, in the hope that it improves the atmosphere on matchdays in W12.

We wanted to provide you with that information, as that seems to have been lost in the story so far for one reason or another.

Fingers crossed it makes a difference on Saturday and the three points follow!"
                                It seems the vast majority of people posting in this thread have entirely missed this and are continuing to slate the club, completely unnecessarily.

I suppose it's cathartic or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X