Sylla done well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    My point is the high ball is more suited to Sylla than it would be Conor.
    Yes, it does, but this is how the team is set up to play and score goals i.e. from set pieces.
    They also play quite a few long high balls forward, so aiming them at CW is never going to work.

For some of us the solution is to change tactics anf formation so thst QPR can create more chances. Whether the line up would include CW in that alongside Polter or Syllla remains to be seen.

Comment

Yip and if that is acceptable then we are ####ed.
      As long adcNo Cluebaink continues in this system, then yes, QPR are tucked.

Comment

Think 442 will definitely be able to judge whether we have a dud or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          It's not as simple as that. Les & Jimmy both played at a very high level and obviously have a a good knowledge of football. To say they haven't got a clue is ridiculous but something went badly wrong with this signing. I personally thought he was a rubbish part of a rubbish NI side in the Euros....All effort..no skill. Never saw him play for PBoro.
          They know about football yet choose to play such a crappy system that stifles the players, fails to create msny chances, bores the fans to tears and absenteeism and finally, doesn't even produce enough wins. Way to go.

Comment

Think 442 will definitely be able to judge whether we have a dud or not.
            Don't think he has bought players for that system so really doubt you will see 442 under JFH.

Comment

Then you have to question the whole lot of them who were involved in paying 3 million for a player we can not get the best out of. Board all the way down as that 3 million could have been used elsewhere.

Comment

Then you have to question the whole lot of them who were involved in paying 3 million for a player we can not get the best out of. Board all the way down as that 3 million could have been used elsewhere.
                Yep, agreed.

Comment

Fernandes has ruined the club and taken away the connection and spirit that Amit and Co created in our promotion year. Where is the leadership from the top and what is the plan.

Comment

Don't think he has bought players for that system so really doubt you will see 442 under JFH.
                    I am not sure why you thibk they cannot play 442.
                    Wyzsolek is a winger and so is Shodipo which means they could be playef in those positions to provide crosses for both Polter and Sylla as a pairing or for one of them with Washington as a striker for knockdowns.
                    Perhaps Borysuik csn play the deep role with either Luongo or Chery ahead of him.

As long as JFH insists on starting with Henry and one other defensive midfielder then QPR have no chance of gettibg the best out of the new signings.
                    Last edited by stanistheman; 17-09-2016, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      You keep blaming the service, it didn't stop Sylla scoring a goal immediately, it didn't stop Polter scoring regularly. Time to buck up and blame the striker who keeps missing chances.
                      When has polter scored regularly?? Must of missed that. If u think that we are a creative side then u are seriously deluded...need to stick to your stats statto.

Comment

Sylla did well? Yes, he scored and he was on for 15 mins. I'm not convinced any of JFH's signings are better then ELK

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          I am not sure why you thibk they cannot play 442.
                          Wyzsolek is a winger and so is Shodipo which means they could be playef in those positions to provide crosses for both Polter and Sylla as a pairing or for one of them with Washington as a striker for knockdowns.
                          Perhaps Borysuik csn play the deep role with either Luongo or Chery ahead of him.'

As long as JFH insists on starting with Henry and one other defensive midfielder then QPR have no chance of gettibg the best out of the new signings.
                          Polter and Sylla look like very similar players though can only judge by video at this point. I don't see them playing together and have no idea where Washington fits.

Comment

Polter and Sylla look like very similar players though can only judge by video at this point. I don't see them playing together and have no idea where Washington fits.
                            Both of them put in a shift so even though they may have similar playing styles why should this not work. They dont both have to go for the same ball crossed into the box.

Comment

But Washington needs time. He's young and talented and hasn't been given the time others in his position have and he deserves it... Even though we keep not scoring when he's involved in an attack at this level, we need to persevere because he's got so much potential...
                              He shouldn't play Conor at all. How many excuses do people want to give the guy. He can't adapt to playing alone? He's had 8 months knowing that he will be playing lone striker and he hasn't adapted. He's given opportunities over players who score goals and keeps getting subbed off, only for us to finally score when he's off the pitch. It happened today, it happened a few times last season and it will keep happening if he's given a starting role. He's our 3rd in line striker now and he could have been our regular starter if he took his chances like Sylla's done, like Polter's done and like the next striker we sign will undoubtedly do.
                              Not sure if anyone else has noticed this
                              Nasser you completely contradicted your own quote within 1hr 14mins. First in post 10 of this thread you say Washington needs time and has so much potential and we should persevere with him. And then you say in post 17 Conor shouldn't play at all and he has had too many chances. You do realise that Washington and Conor are in fact the same person. You also stated the other week that players should earn their place and that Washington hadn't done enough to play but Sylla having yet to make his debut deserved to start. Make your mind up Nas.
                              Last edited by qprjeff1882; 18-09-2016, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                                Not sure if anyone else has noticed this
                                Nasser you completely contradicted your own quote within 1hr 14mins. First in post 10 of this thread you say Washington needs time and has so much potential and we should persevere with him. And then you say in post 17 Conor shouldn't play at all and he has had too many chances. You do realise that Washington and Conor are in fact the same person. You also stated the other week that players should earn their place and that Washington hadn't done enough to play but Sylla having yet to make his debut deserved to start. Make your mind up Nas.
                                I see that sarcasm isn't your strong suit haha. First post there is a sarcastic jab at the demand to play Washington.

As for your second point that Sylla hasn't started so why should he be ahead of Washington, it's for that exact reason that he should be. Polter was fairly effective and is at the top of the queue... Washington is the opposite of effective, therefore the player who should be getting opportunities is the one who is more likely to have an effect and that is Sylla, not CW. This isn't because Sylla has proven more, but because CW has proven that he shouldn't start any more.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X