No announcement yet.

Sylla done well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sylla did score today and decent ish header too. Was it from a corner?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Indeed it was. Chery with the assist.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

High ball then Nas?

Comment

High ball then Nas?
          Corner indeed, what's your point? If that's how we create goals, why should we try and accommodate someone who can't score from the opportunities we create?
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Looked very decent when he came on and worked b loody hard

Closed everything down and challenged very well aerially. Think him and Polter up top together would be decent double act!! Defences would know they have been in a game
            We can only dream on that Jimmy No Cluebaink will ever start with two strikers playing in their correct positions.

Comment

My point is the high ball is more suited to Sylla than it would be Conor.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                He shouldn't play Conor at all. How many excuses do people want to give the guy. He can't adapt to playing alone? He's had 8 months knowing that he will be playing lone striker and he hasn't adapted. He's given opportunities over players who score goals and keeps getting subbed off, only for us to finally score when he's off the pitch. It happened today, it happened a few times last season and it will keep happening if he's given a starting role. He's our 3rd in line striker now and he could have been our regular starter if he took his chances like Sylla's done, like Polter's done and like the next striker we sign will undoubtedly do.
                I am actually in agreement with you on this.

I have absolutely no idea what possessed JFH & LF to stump up £3m for him. Seriously selling Austin for 4m and then spending 3m on him was a complete joke.

Comment

My point is the high ball is more suited to Sylla than it would be Conor.
                  Ok... but it was a corner... And I'm not even disagreeing mate. I'm actually agreeing but I'm saying, if we know we can score from high balls, why are we trying to force the one player who can't score from that down the throat of the team? He's never going to score like that so why are we fans suggesting to play him over the two players who can actually do it? I just think you can't force success.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    I am actually in agreement with you on this.

I have absolutely no idea what possessed JFH & LF to stump up £3m for him. Seriously selling Austin for 4m and then spending 3m on him was a complete joke.
                    100% agree, but at the time, I had more faith in him. It's just seeing him for 8 months makes it look so bad, especially in comparison with other decent deals we've done.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                      Question is why did Les & Jimmy buy him if he clearly cant play in the preferred system?
                      Because they haven't got a clue?
                      Didnt they scout him? If they had they would probably have seen him play as part of a 2 up top formation

Comment

No one is forcing him into the team I have just made the point we will get more from as a pair. The management team need to work out how to get the best out of the strikers we have. Because right now we are not.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                          Because they haven't got a clue?
                          Didnt they scout him? If they had they would probably have seen him play as part of a 2 up top formation
                          It's not as simple as that. Les & Jimmy both played at a very high level and obviously have a a good knowledge of football. To say they haven't got a clue is ridiculous but something went badly wrong with this signing. I personally thought he was a rubbish part of a rubbish NI side in the Euros....All effort..no skill. Never saw him play for PBoro.

Comment

Good players do not make good managers. Remember Ray Wilkins

Comment

They only score from corners, free kicks or penalties given the way they are set up to play.

Comment

Yip and if that is acceptable then we are ####ed.

Comment

Working...
                                X