Sylla done well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Charlie Austin has the size to play up front and is a big lad, Young Conor is a more nippy striker so very hard to compare the two.
    "Young Conor" should still be able to play one up front, supposedly he has the technical skills. That's what people keep saying at least. If you'll recall, this forum had a meltdown when Austin was played alone, saying that he wasn't a lone striker. But I suppose now in hindsight, after how well he did in it, he had it all along...
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      Answering on his behalf, personally thought he done well, without being outstanding. Seemed fairly assured and kept possession well. Think he could be a good player, but hard to judge too much coming into such a $hit game.
      Nice one. Must start against Sunderland

Comment

Nas it does not work like that, Charlie had a half decent touch but most importantly the size to dominate centre back's Conor is the opposite and needs to have a big man with him. Michael Owen's best years were with Emile Heskey alongside him and would never have been half the player if he played up on his own.

Comment

Nas it does not work like that, Charlie had a half decent touch but most importantly the size to dominate centre back's Conor is the opposite and needs to have a big man with him. Michael Owen's best years were with Emile Heskey alongside him and would never have been half the player if he played up on his own.
          Firstly, that was a different time. Aguero has pace now and plays 1 up top comfortably and he's a similar striker IN STYLE NOT QUALITY to Conor. You don't need to dominate the centre back, you need to find gaps and run into them. There are so many teams who play 1 up top with a small but fast guy, and so many who play with a big and strong guy. It works in both cases, it's just simply that Conor is not a good enough player to do it.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

No doubt he will be back on the bench come Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Answering on his behalf, personally thought he done well, without being outstanding. Seemed fairly assured and kept possession well. Think he could be a good player, but hard to judge too much coming into such a $hit game.
              He's a busy player and kept the ball moving when it came to him. Was decent enough

Comment

Forget times Nas. You have to have a system to get the best out of the players at your disposal. Would you say Charlie dominated centre backs or used his pace to get the better of them?

Comment

Forget times Nas. You have to have a system to get the best out of the players at your disposal. Would you say Charlie dominated centre backs or used his pace to get the better of them?
                  Neither, Charlie just timed his runs well and knew what to do in the box.

Comment

Think you will find Charlie was a bit more physical than that. Ask John Terry!

Comment

Think you will find Charlie was a bit more physical than that. Ask John Terry!
                      He had physical ability, but that wasn't his main attribute as a lone striker. He had excellent positioning and that's what got him 90% of his goals for us. Not his strength.

Comment

Nas, Not going to argue about you see it your way and I see it mine. The fact is we are struggling to get the best out of our forwards as no goals from open play tells you.

Comment

Nas, Not going to argue about you see it your way and I see it mine. The fact is we are struggling to get the best out of our forwards as no goals from open play tells you.
                          I understand what you're saying, but I personally think that we're getting the best we will out of CW at this level and we need to move the key resource that is "time" away from him and onto Sylla and Polter.

Comment

Still think it's to early to write off Washington yet,we need to see what he would be like playing off sylla or polter. Anyone would struggle to score goals with the god awful service given to them. Not one player in the whole squad that can pick a pass out.

Comment

Thanks Norfolk as that was the point I was trying to get across.

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                                Still think it's to early to write off Washington yet,we need to see what he would be like playing off sylla or polter. Anyone would struggle to score goals with the god awful service given to them. Not one player in the whole squad that can pick a pass out.
                                You keep blaming the service, it didn't stop Sylla scoring a goal immediately, it didn't stop Polter scoring regularly. Time to buck up and blame the striker who keeps missing chances.

Comment

Working...
                                X