No announcement yet.

Sylla done well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately Jimmy doesn't know how to setup a team to play two up top.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
      he shouldn't play Conor in a lone striker role, think he would have been a lot happier partnering BFG. Jimmy's done a hatchet job on Washington imo
      He shouldn't play Conor at all. How many excuses do people want to give the guy. He can't adapt to playing alone? He's had 8 months knowing that he will be playing lone striker and he hasn't adapted. He's given opportunities over players who score goals and keeps getting subbed off, only for us to finally score when he's off the pitch. It happened today, it happened a few times last season and it will keep happening if he's given a starting role. He's our 3rd in line striker now and he could have been our regular starter if he took his chances like Sylla's done, like Polter's done and like the next striker we sign will undoubtedly do.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Bang on Nasser
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          I'm all for thinking outside the box but I cant see circumsizing two of our midfielders helping tbh.
          How about we start a Male Genital Mutilation thread, just to balance out the preferential treatment given to FGM threads on LFW.
          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            He shouldn't play Conor at all. How many excuses do people want to give the guy. He can't adapt to playing alone? He's had 8 months knowing that he will be playing lone striker and he hasn't adapted. He's given opportunities over players who score goals and keeps getting subbed off, only for us to finally score when he's off the pitch. It happened today, it happened a few times last season and it will keep happening if he's given a starting role. He's our 3rd in line striker now and he could have been our regular starter if he took his chances like Sylla's done, like Polter's done and like the next striker we sign will undoubtedly do.
            Question is why did Les & Jimmy buy him if he clearly cant play in the preferred system?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
              Question is why did Les & Jimmy buy him if he clearly cant play in the preferred system?
              What you lose on the swings...
              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                I'm all for thinking outside the box but I cant see circumsizing two of our midfielders helping tbh.
                Less skin. More streamline. Faster

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                  Less skin. More streamline. Faster

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                    What you lose on the swings...
                    sure but 3 mil is the biggest fee we paid in a while

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                      Every half decent player in world football should be able to adapt to some degree to a style of play with enough training. Take Austin as an example of a player who some said couldn't play alone up front yet scored 11 champ goals doing so in half a season. CW hasn't adapted, it happens, but that's not to say the decision to buy him was a wrong one, it's just that now that we know, he should be on an exit list. For his sake and ours.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Charlie Austin has the size to play up front and is a big lad, Young Conor is a more nippy striker so very hard to compare the two.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          Charlie Austin has the size to play up front and is a big lad, Young Conor is a more nippy striker so very hard to compare the two.
                          Nasser in bang on though, how many more excuses will we make for Washington? It's pretty clear to see the lad is way out of his depth. Nothing against him, he does work hard, but he just isn't anywhere near good enough.

Comment

How did Borysuik play when he came on West?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                              How did Borysuik play when he came on West?
                              Answering on his behalf, personally thought he done well, without being outstanding. Seemed fairly assured and kept possession well. Think he could be a good player, but hard to judge too much coming into such a $hit game.

Comment

Matty, He may well turn out to be a total dud but I think to get the best out of him may require two up top which is unlikely to happy under this manager.

Comment

Working...
                                X