No announcement yet.

Wolves sign Böðvarsson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know much about the lad. Personally would of preferred someone like Will Buckley who is proven at this level and familiar with the rigors of championship football.

Not bothered this has fallen through. Wolves are splashing cash like silly buggers and we all know how that tends works out. Buying names rather than assembling a team never seems to end well.

We have a core group of players now who compliment what we want to achieve as a team collectively. If we can just add the right people to that group who can add that bit of quality on the wings and up top then we will be a force in this league imo.

Comment

• Wolves owners are just trying to impress their fans. New owners new monies......seems familiar
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• This thread is funny, no1 actually wanted him before when it looked like we were going to get him. As soon as Wolves come in and take him, people are moaning about us not competing to sign him.

Dont personally know too much about him, so cant really get bothered either way about this one. Id imagine 99% of people on here have about as much knowledge about this lad as i do (wiki stats!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
          This thread is funny, no1 actually wanted him before when it looked like we were going to get him. As soon as Wolves come in and take him, people are moaning about us not competing to sign him.

Dont personally know too much about him, so cant really get bothered either way about this one. Id imagine 99% of people on here have about as much knowledge about this lad as i do (wiki stats!)
          Very true,but typical of many on this board. We need a proven striker,he wasn't and had a poor strike rate so no loss as far as I'm concerned BUT hopefully Jimmy has alternative s ( better ones )

Comment

• Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
            The punctuation police got there first
            Shh, they were trying to deflect attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
              it makes you laugh Westy mate. We were in talks for £1 mill and then wolves nipped in with an apparent £2.7 mill bid. No way should we match that if we were in discussions for £1 mill. Wolves have paid over the odds
              We don't know that yet. We paid £3 million for Washington. We'll probably see this season which one is better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                Shh, they were trying to deflect attention.

I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                  We don't know that yet. We paid £3 million for Washington. We'll probably see this season which one is better.
                  But we do know we were discussing a deal for £1 mill and the noises coming out were his team were keen to sell. For the player to go for £2.7 mill (nearly 300% more than our offer) means that he is overpriced in our opinion. Has nothing to do with washington, more to about the terms of the agreement that drastically changed

Comment

• It's being said they paid 1 mill so it must have been wages. See more at
                    http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/...aiserslautern/

Comment

• we will end up with Akinfenwa the way we are going.

Comment

• That's true Hove. Don't know too much about Bodvarsson to comment whether our valuation was right or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post
                          we will end up with Akinfenwa the way we are going.
                          Joking aside - you have a point. I hope we have a plan b and that Tony incenzo is right in that we will bring 2 or 3 more in. We are so short and whilst the 1st 11 look ok/good, a couple more injuries and we are in trouble

We seem to have gone from one extreme to another in terms of our transfer dealings and can't seen to find a balance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                            That's true Hove. Don't know too much about Bodvarsson to comment whether our valuation was right or not.
                            me neither tbf

Comment

• We've missed out on many players we've wanted so far. Ngbakoto, Guirassy, Leckie, Pritchard, Bodvarsson. Let's hope we've got a plan D

Comment

• I'm not too bothered about us not signing a bloke no-one had heard of a month ago

Comment

Working...
                                X