Wolves sign Böðvarsson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
    That the problem Matty last week he was rubbish today Wolves sign him and he brilliant according too some in here
    That for me is the biggest annoyance on this board (which is saying something). If we signed him he would be crap and a waste of money but now we haven't it is a big mistake.

There was even a comment on the Twitter thread about why didn't we go in for some striker that Reading have just bought. Personally I've never heard of him so I wouldn't have a clue how good he is and I imagine the same goes for the person who made that comment as I believe he only made 2 first team appearances in his career so far. He could turn out to be quality for all we know but we can't slate the club for not signing of young after every unknown that other clubs in our division have bought.

Comment

• Wholly underwhelmed by this player tbh, only time will tell.
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        I'm glad the club are sticking to their guns. Build a strong, very fit, hungry young squad, and in a few years we'll be emulating the likes of Burnley or Leicester, getting promoted without incurring huge debts. Then kick on from there. Glad to see sense is finally being applied. Cut your cloth...
        If you say so.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          It's OK for Norwich or Newcastle to go for McCormack at that price on his age he could well help them get promoted but he could no way push us on , also at that price for us sheer madness little or no sell on value , OK spend 10m on a 23 year old hot prospect that could show a good return in value if you can't get up in a couple of years
          He could help QPR push on by helping them to promotion and then perhaps proving to be a success in the premiership or at least the extra millions that league provides. That is pushing on IMO.
          If the newsignings and QPRs high pressing game are as good as so.e suggest, a 20-25 goals a season striker could be the final piece in a promotion winning team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            TonyIncenzoTalkSPORT @TonyIncenzo
            QPR Director of Football Les Ferdinand just told me that R's hope to make "two or three" new signings & he doesn't expect anyone to leave
            1:34 PM - 30 Jul 2016
            Hope?
            I would have thought thry had players lined up ready to sign rather than hope. Ihope to win the lottery but don't expect to.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              Hope?
              I would have thought thry had players lined up ready to sign rather than hope. Ihope to win the lottery but don't expect to.
              No such things as certainties though, if a club comes in with a bigger offer or thebplauer just doesnt want to come to us. there is a finite number of players.out there so it isnt always simple to get deals over the line. And talkingnabout McCormack you are having a laugh if you think we should buy him, 10 million is way more than we can afford. We dont have thay cash and credit isnt a n option anymore. Nothing wrong with that in my opnipn, too many days of gambling with our future. Plus McCormack isnt that good really.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                Yeah, now look at where Hooper is compared to Austin...
                Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Don't know much about the lad. Personally would of preferred someone like Will Buckley who is proven at this level and familiar with the rigors of championship football.

Not bothered this has fallen through. Wolves are splashing cash like silly buggers and we all know how that tends works out. Buying names rather than assembling a team never seems to end well.

We have a core group of players now who compliment what we want to achieve as a team collectively. If we can just add the right people to that group who can add that bit of quality on the wings and up top then we will be a force in this league imo.
                will Buckley proven at this level!!!
                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will...y_(footballer)

Comment

• I'm glad it's fell through,never wanted him here in the 1st place,would of been a signing just for the sake of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    Yeah, now look at where Hooper is compared to Austin...
                    Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                    No such things as certainties though, if a club comes in with a bigger offer or thebplauer just doesnt want to come to us. there is a finite number of players.out there so it isnt always simple to get deals over the line. And talkingnabout McCormack you are having a laugh if you think we should buy him, 10 million is way more than we can afford. We dont have thay cash and credit isnt a n option anymore. Nothing wrong with that in my opnipn, too many days of gambling with our future. Plus McCormack isnt that good really.
                    Isnt that good", really?
                    Cant afford.
                    They sold Fer and Phillips for more than 10m plus still getting parachute money.

Oh well, mid-table mediocrity again this season then.

Comment

• Wonder if wildthing will feel sorry for us & let us borrow this fella

Mind you I have heard that, North Ferriby would probably offer a more attractive package
                      Last edited by BFG; 02-08-2016, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Hope?
                        Of course you would "hope" to sign players - nothing is nailed on where negotiation is involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                          Plus McCormack isnt that good really.
                          Please tell me you are joking !!?

Comment

Hope?
                            Think the case is- We've 'certainly' got/had players lined up and we will/have 'certainly' make them a decent offer. Just 'hope' they agree.

Not a case of just because LF/TF/JFH want a player so they will get that player. Got to hope that player wants to come here.
                            SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              The odd million ok mate
                              Not too sure why thats so funny, i wasnt being exact or on about just this deal,but in general,hope we arent going to be so

tight that we lose out on any other quality players! not really too hard to understand that i would of thought!
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                                This thread is funny, no1 actually wanted him before when it looked like we were going to get him. As soon as Wolves come in and take him, people are moaning about us not competing to sign him.

Dont personally know too much about him, so cant really get bothered either way about this one. Id imagine 99% of people on here have about as much knowledge about this lad as i do (wiki stats!)

Ramsey i dont know how many times ive repeated myself,im not bothered about this player, i was on about competing in general about other quality players we`re interested in!
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X