Wolves sign Böðvarsson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
    Do you mean a player that we don't know about or a big name?
    that we dont know about and be over the moon

Comment

• Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
      Fer, Sandro, Caulker, Ferdinand, Zarate, Vargas, Isla fees and wages. Plus all other wages we had on our books.
      Exactly , kin joke zarate was a West Ham loan no? Pony players , that 30 wernt spent on that shight surely .money men on the board having a nice slice before the club .
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
        Exactly , kin joke zarate was a West Ham loan no? Pony players , that 30 wernt spent on that shight surely .money men on the board having a nice slice before the club .
        Zarate was a loan but still wages and most likely some fee to bring him in on loan. Fer., Sandro and Caulker cost the 30 million with transfers fees , agent fees and wages. The rest came.in outsidr.of.that cash. Our big issue at the moment that needs fiximg in lack of revenue with such a small ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
          What happened to the £30 million for winning the playoff ?
          Didn't it get swallowed up by the enormous wage bill t got us to the play-off final?

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Do people not realise that we have to overcompensate for a period now to make up for the overspending? We're trying to equalise our cr ap from the last few years and when we do, it will be normal spending.
            but overcompensating is OVERcompensating. A totally reactionary transfer policy could cost us in the medium term. Going from one extreme to the other is seldom the best way of safeguarding financial interests. There has to be some degree of give and take. Personally I think missing out on Bodvarsson isn't the end of the world, but if the right man was available and JFH needed to go a bit further than envisaged to secure him and complete his dealings, denying that request could well prove to be costly. It's all about balance.

Comment

• Originally posted by klonk View Post
              Didn't it get swallowed up by the enormous wage bill t got us to the play-off final?
              Can't go pub without any money klonky.we gambled and it paid off v Derby with added income from prem Sky games and global identity. Another pocket liner for the money men who now are slowly bailing out and putting a ceiling price of a million on any incoming players at a level when the opposition are throwing 10 mill on a forward . Here's hoping jimmy is another Holloway .
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                but overcompensating is OVERcompensating. A totally reactionary transfer policy could cost us in the medium term. Going from one extreme to the other is seldom the best way of safeguarding financial interests. There has to be some degree of give and take. Personally I think missing out on Bodvarsson isn't the end of the world, but if the right man was available and JFH needed to go a bit further than envisaged to secure him and complete his dealings, denying that request could well prove to be costly. It's all about balance.
                You seem to be dismayed at the lack of balance and not finding the "middle" ground in terms of our transfer policy but what if the club is adhering to FFP and thus the transfer budget is effectively dictated to us? There cannot be a "middle" ground but rather a set budget, end of.

Comment

• Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                  I get what you're saying but after the parachute payments run out and if we are still in the championship then our normal spending as u call it will be pennies. Not saying we should blow a fortune..done far too much of that,but do think we should maybe stretch bit further to get few flair players in this season which would give us a good squad going forward for next few years.
                  This.
                  After 2 more seasons QPR will have to make do with Championship money, sponsorship and receipts from 15,500 attendances.as you say, spending power will be much lower. Not quite pennies, but £500k bids for 1 or 2 signings plus free transfers.

Comment

• I agree with hal,van and stan and norfolk,otherwise we'll slip further away from the top boys in the championship especially after the parachute payments have ended!
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• if we could bring in two strikers into our squad we are definastely going up these players need only cost one million pounds each,one could be jay simpson in this division he would score 15 goals and we need one other
                      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        Ramsey i dont know how many times ive repeated myself,im not bothered about this player, i was on about competing in general about other quality players we`re interested in!
                        but how do you know who we have enquired about and who we have had our eye on?

All i know about our transfer policy is that we seem to have our own value of a player and if their clubs is asking for more than we value, we move on. Seems to be the way the summer has gone.

Fark everyone else and how they are doing business, im quite happy for us to keep plugging away the way we have been (on the basis we bring a coupe in before the window shuts)

Comment

• If we don't get the players we want this window, then that's the way it is. Patience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                            If we don't get the players we want this window, then that's the way it is. Patience.
                            I would rather go into the season with the squad we have now rather than getting players in for the sake of it. We must be down our list of attacking targets now as we've missed out on a good few. I say just leave it now, if you look at our wingers (shodipo, gladwin, el khayeti and petrasso) it's not like we are in desperate need. Quality wise, yes but let's see what these boys can do. Will show us wether they are actually up to standard or not getting a full run in the team. We ain't going up or down so #### it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                              but how do you know who we have enquired about and who we have had our eye on?

All i know about our transfer policy is that we seem to have our own value of a player and if their clubs is asking for more than we value, we move on. Seems to be the way the summer has gone.

Fark everyone else and how they are doing business, im quite happy for us to keep plugging away the way we have been (on the basis we bring a coupe in before the window shuts)
                              Like ive said i hope we havnt become so tight as to lose out on any targets over pounds
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                It is, and yet you don't seem to understand that so I'll paint a picture... we've spent quarter bil on players in the last few seasons according to you, we're in major debt as a result. Imagine that as a line on a graph, with spending high up right now... in order to go back to near enough zero net, we have to go below that middle ground... well below it... hence balance. That's what we're doing now. Your point about going from one extreme to another hardly makes sense, it's called spending within our means and that's what we're doing...

There does have to be some degree of give and take... they gave us players for a total of 250mil and now they're taking back the spending to balance things out...

so yes, there does have to be balance and right now, we're balancing.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X