Ramsey Subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Full credit to the gaffer today won us the game with subs. 0-0, made subs and we won 3-0 - proof is in the pudding, regardless of it being a popular sub or not. Credit it where it's due well done. Great win!
    Steady on mate , you can't be seen to be to knowledgeable

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      False totally. They held the ball in their back 4 most of the game and didn't really do much.
      And that my friend is why stats can be misused and construed as the MKDons pass completion rate could show as high but when your just passing it about your back four and keeper it's pointless

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        And that my friend is why stats can be misused and construed as the MKDons pass completion rate could show as high but when your just passing it about your back four and keeper it's pointless
        Yea, if you look at those stats. But here's the thing, you can go much deeper and actually see where the passes were made statistically. So I can actually see how many passes were attempted in the final third or middle third of first third of the pitch. The stats will hold up.

The issue is that people think that stats can only see certain things, when in fact they can see everything. Just as an example, here is a picture of the raw data from Whoscored.com showing all the passes made in that game:

This is what you see as stats, but visualised. This is the raw data you get from stats. Now you can limit this to passes made by MK, and you get this:

Now we can go even deeper and look at passes targeted at the defensive third:

And now just as a proof that they passed in defence significantly more relative to us, here are all the passes made into the respective teams defensive third, just numerically, this breaks down to 32 Passes by QPR into their defensive third and 105 by MK:

So as you can see, the stats do in fact show what you say.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          Which is why knocker is asking why Warnock is there at all, if he has no effect on Ramsey. Do you think we'll get a hiding at Brentford then?
          As I said he probably is having an effect maybe he said bring Clint back in which has lead to 2 clean sheets. But Ramsey made the subs that changed the game yesterday, so it's the #ramseyeffect for yesterday's result. Do I think we could get a hiding? Yes it's a possibility

Comment

Thanks for posting Nasser, love seeing this kind of analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
              Thanks for posting Nasser, love seeing this kind of analysis.
              They just confuse me.

Surely we should be blue and them red?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                They just confuse me.

Haha touché!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                  As I said he probably is having an effect maybe he said bring Clint back in which has lead to 2 clean sheets. But Ramsey made the subs that changed the game yesterday, so it's the #ramseyeffect for yesterday's result. Do I think we could get a hiding? Yes it's a possibility
                  I see, and agree Rambo made the subs btw. So though you must agree if we get a hiding it'll still be the Ramseyeffect, and further this result
                  came about because of how poor the opposition was, rather than we have developed into a good team?
                  Hopefully with the defence seemingly getting tighter (be it by the skin of our teeth) we won't get another derby hiding.

Comment

I see, and agree Rambo made the subs btw. So though you must agree if we get a hiding it'll still be the Ramseyeffect, and further this result
                    came about because of how poor the opposition was, rather than we have developed into a good team?
                    Hopefully with the defence seemingly getting tighter (be it by the skin of our teeth) we won't get another derby hiding.
                    i really hope we wont have to ram it down the throats of the happy clappers come 10pm on friday mate.

just feel ramsey got lucky playing against that shyte yesterday after the amount of drossball he has been serving up week in week out.

have we reallly got better? is our defence more solid? has coach ramsey learnt? we will find out come 10pm on friday.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

T
                      Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      i really hope we wont have to ram it down the throats of the happy clappers come 10pm on friday mate.

just feel ramsey got lucky playing against that shyte yesterday after the amount of drossball he has been serving up week in week out.

have we reallly got better? is our defence more solid? has coach ramsey learnt? we will find out come 10pm on friday.
                      That message does read hits like you actually want us to lose as you get some perverse pleasure in posting I told you so

Comment

This is what I mean, Ramseys a dead man walking. He can't win either way, the fan base will be saying yesterday is the result of the Warnock effect but if we get beat by Brentford then it will be Ramsey out in major force. Anyway bored of talking about this now, let's hope for a good result in the Derby Friday.

Comment

Think Ramsey was given the benefit of the doubt by most of us, but hasn't really shown us much for that support to continue. In fact things have been bad enough for him to deserve much of the stick he gets.

Hoping things are changing and he rams it down our throats. Would love to be proved wrong.

We shouldn't just be looking for ways to have a go at him though, he doesn't deserve that. He's obviously trying his best and has been let down by some of the players too, so although he hasn't covered himself in glory, it's not all down to him alone.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            T
                            That message does read hits like you actually want us to lose as you get some perverse pleasure in posting I told you so
                            i dont mate, honestly.

i just cannot see much of a future with this numpty in charge.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Bottom line is we all want (well I think its all) a winning team. Whether I'm labelled anti Ramsey or anti - QPR, ...or apparently on twitter today
                              some Ramsey doubters were labelled ...wait for it , Racist!!!
                              My reply on here to Matty was tongue in cheek and he knows it btw.
                              Thing is I can't see it ending well with Rambo. As Fordy posted he can't win, my fear is that we just put a sticking plaster on a broken leg with that win.
                              If proved wrong will be delighted cause I'll have a winning QPR.
                              I know we're not unbeatable but this squad should be top 6, it's application that can be the only thing missing

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                                They just confuse me.

Haha if only it worked like that, for future reference, home team's always orange.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X