Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    i dont mate, honestly.

i just cannot see much of a future with this numpty in charge.
    Fair play mate. I do get your sentiments but the win win situation is he turns us round and we go on a role

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      Bottom line is we all want (well I think its all) a winning team. Whether I'm labelled anti Ramsey or anti - QPR, ...or apparently on twitter today
      some Ramsey doubters were labelled ...wait for it , Racist!!!
      My reply on here to Matty was tongue in cheek and he knows it btw.
      Thing is I can't see it ending well with Rambo. As Fordy posted he can't win, my fear is that we just put a sticking plaster on a broken leg with that win.
      If proved wrong will be delighted cause I'll have a winning QPR.
      I know we're not unbeatable but this squad should be top 6, it's application that can be the only thing missing
      I understand your sentiment and to extract from a fantastic book I've been reading called "The making of the greatest team in the world: Barca"

"I warned everyone that the coach wasn't the only issue," recalls Ingla. "My view is that coaches can transform things, but players have a very high percentage accountability for what kind of football is played and what trajectory you have.
      "You could have put another coach in there at that time, be it Cruyff or Guardiola, and he'd have failed. We wouldn't have won the title and we wouldn't have made the Champions League final in Moscow."
      This is an extract talking about Frank Rijkaard's last season at Barcelona, with the players at their disposal including Valdes, puyol, zambrotta, milito, Rafa Marquez, Abidal, Yaya Toure, Xavi, Bojan, Deco, Giovani, Iniesta, Eto'o, Ronaldinho and Messi.
      For anyone within the club to say that about those players suggests that no matter how good the players are, they can be the issue just as much. Guardiola came in as a youth coach. He had no experience beyond coaching the youth team (Barca B) and an illustrious career at that club.
      The difference for us is the size here. We aren't that big, but relative to our league, our players know that we are better man for man than most teams. The difference between the attitudes that Pep eventually instilled into his players (it didn't happen overnight) was that there came a turning point where pep's players learnt that confidence means respecting your opponents and playing to the best of your ability, not knowing you are better and just playing on that basis. We are still in that transitional phase, it will take longer for us again because of our size but I hope that our faith in this man will pay off for us in the long run.

Just so people don't start going on about this, I'm not comparing Pep Guardiola and Chris Ramsey.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

To be fair, I don't think Ramsey was calling the shots at all on Saturday. I was sat right behind Les and Warnock in C Club and there was a fella next to Warnock with a walkie talkie speaking to another bloke in the dugout who was barking instructions onto the pitch. It looked to me like Les is coordinating everything, Ramsey looked like a bystander to most of what was going on!

Comment

Not a fan of Ramsey by any means, however he got the job done on Saturday and have to give him credit for that. Poor team MK dons but you can only beat whats in front of you.

Friday will be the real test, sadly i cant see us getting anything from the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            To be fair, I don't think Ramsey was calling the shots at all on Saturday. I was sat right behind Les and Warnock in C Club and there was a fella next to Warnock with a walkie talkie speaking to another bloke in the dugout who was barking instructions onto the pitch. It looked to me like Les is coordinating everything, Ramsey looked like a bystander to most of what was going on!
            So we now have a bloke with walke talky and a bloke in the dugout giving orders.

So now we have 5 managers
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              was told the same by 2 of my friends who sit there that Warnock relaying a lot messages to the bench

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                was told the same by 2 of my friends who sit there that Warnock relaying a lot messages to the bench
                TBH thats his job and thats what CR brought him in for. He's got a clear view of the game, he can see whats going on from a higher ground. That doesn't make Ramsey a bystander it just means he uses the wisdom of the crowds.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  TBH thats his job and thats what CR brought him in for. He's got a clear view of the game, he can see whats going on from a higher ground. That doesn't make Ramsey a bystander it just means he uses the wisdom of the crowds.
                  If you bring in some old relic to offer you advice then that means you have not got a clue what your doing.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

If you bring in some old relic to offer you advice then that means you have not got a clue what your doing.
                    Bit of experience to help him, we should all get behind this new arrangement, & give it time to work, been a good start to it , I took plenty of positives from Saturday's match .

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      well he's got more of a clue than Ramsey just goes
                      to show that Ramsey is out of his depth when they've had to bring someone in

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                        Bit of experience to help him, we should all get behind this new arrangement, & give it time to work, been a good start to it , I took plenty of positives from Saturday's match .
                        Absolutely agree with this. Important to learn from those around him who do have the experience. You'd think everyone here was an expert when they started their job and didn't have anyone offer advice. Madness.

Comment

Don't get the issue of having an assistant manager.....worked out alright for Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Don't get the issue of having an assistant manager.....worked out alright for Brian Clough
                            But this is CR and if he doesn't do it alone and succeed all by himself he isn't good enough for this club

Comment

Oi!!!............how bleddy dare you........

Comment

gave up on this thread after reading "must be warnock" and "won in spite of the subs"............ utterly unbelievable

Comment

Working...
                                X