Formation 4-6-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Thing is, if he doesn't rate Polter, then get a striker in. But tbh he bought the bloke, and has hardly played him,
    he might not be Les Ferdinand, but he plays the role.
    Exactly Dave. We spent a million odd quid on him, which is hardly peanuts in this division. Saw some Brum fans at the weekend talking about their summer signings and one said something like "we spent £250,000 on x player, which is a lot for us." Plus Poulter is a German U21 International - which is prob a shade more competitive than England U21s. Agree he has been poor when I've seen him but isn't this meant to be Ramsey's strength - getting more out of young players? Some pretty good German coaches must have seen something in the lad, as must Ramsey when he signed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      I have. Yeovil.
      I have. Carlisle.

In fairness it is quick to cast judgement after a couple of games, but you just know when you see a player sometimes, he couldn't even do the basics right when I saw him. Never going to set the world alight.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Les is he DOF mate, he is in charge of signings.
        Can't see Les just going out and signing players without discussing targets with the manager....and if thats what happened then
        it's just another ridiculous situation we have got ourselves in

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
          I thought Henry had his best game for us in a while

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
            Having a fit striker out of your match day squad and playing with no striker is absolutely criminal. He doesn't look much cop but you know what, you signed him Ramsey, so train him up and play him when required ie; like tonight!
            100%

Comment

I have. Carlisle.

In fairness it is quick to cast judgement after a couple of games, but you just know when you see a player sometimes, he couldn't even do the basics right when I saw him. Never going to set the world alight.
              Suspect he couldn't set himself alight.... But good post.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                I don't really get the negativity for this here. I was initially confused by the substitution but to be honest, Fer and Jet aren't too different. Its not like the sub reduced the amount of chances we got. In fact, we actually had more shots per minute after the substitution was made. We want to be able to use JET as much as possible so we have to take what we can. A draw today is a good result relative to what many expected,. We were extremely unlucky not to win that and they really never looked too dangerous (at least compared to us). More shocked by all the booing at the end. Consider that we kept a clean sheet against a team who scored 10 in the last 5 games and we generally outplayed them and Chery should have scored were it not for an incredible save by Westwood. All in all im happy with the result and performance and hope to push on come saturday.
                Quite unbelievable. Your ever deluded or on a wind up.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Exactly Dave. We spent a million odd quid on him, which is hardly peanuts in this division. Saw some Brum fans at the weekend talking about their summer signings and one said something like "we spent £250,000 on x player, which is a lot for us." Plus Poulter is a German U21 International - which is prob a shade more competitive than England U21s. Agree he has been poor when I've seen him but isn't this meant to be Ramsey's strength - getting more out of young players? Some pretty good German coaches must have seen something in the lad, as must Ramsey when he signed him.
                  Yeah spot on mate

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    100%
                    He realises he is a pile of ####.

If he played him people would then say "you're only playing him cos you signed him" etc.

He's admitting to his mistake by not playing him which is pretty rare. Which should raise alarm bells with the board.

Comment

Oh right so spend a million quid on transfer fee. Another million on wages over a period of time? Doesn't fancy him after 3 games so ditches him?

Fantastic strategy.

Do we not scout players? Do we not watch them over a period of time to see what they can and can't do?

Unbelievable Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                        Oh right so spend a million quid on transfer fee. Another million on wages over a period of time? Doesn't fancy him after 3 games so ditches him?

Fantastic strategy.

Do we not scout players? Do we not watch them over a period of time to see what they can and can't do?

Unbelievable Jeff
                        You would think we would do all of your last paragraph but I'm not so sure.

Comment

Absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                            You would think we would do all of your last paragraph but I'm not so sure.
                            Surely that's Les' job aint it?
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Have any of us seen enough of Poltier to make a judgement ?
                              Obviously Ramsey has..didn't even make the bench.
                              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Surely that's Les' job aint it?
                                yep exactly Les's Job mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X