No announcement yet.

Formation 4-6-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Les has seen enough of a striker to sign him. Forgive me for my naivety but I'd trust his judgement on that. He kind of knows the strikers role.

Over to you gaffer.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jimmy Rabbit;1477977]So Les has seen enough of a striker to sign him. Forgive me for my naivety but I'd trust his judgement on that. He kind of knows the strikers role.

Over to you gaffer.[/QUOTE

Think we got crossed wires here, I'm not digging out Les. Just whoever chose to sign polter (at the moment) seems to have made a mistake as he looks lost. I don't know whether that was Les or Ramsey or a combination.

But not putting him on the bench sends signals that he isn't fancied at all.!

I also get the plan may have been to not play polter much this season but due to Austin's injury etc
      Last edited by jfish; 20-10-2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
        If we´d won the game from the Chery chance, it would have gone down as the Colin W. 4-6-0 masterstroke in WATRB folklore, that´s for sure!
        No apparently Rambo takes full and sole credit for tonight

Comment

Warnock don't start in his job till Thursday.

Comment

Apparently when Jet was subbed Charlie tweeted 'What is he thinking?????', but later deleted the tweet. Mackie doing comms was apparently less than impressed by that sub...... So much for team spirit......

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              I have. Yeovil. And Carlisle. Jesus F acking H Christ is he s hit. Devon White without the talent.
              Can you blame him if he has lost faith in his manager ? He wasn't the only one that was shlt in those games was he Ramsey has lost his playersI heard that Mackie was
              contradictory of him in his match comentry any one hear it ?

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                ok, I thought he played Fer up front. If he played 6 in midfield then he needs a slap from Warnock.
                He did play Fer up front. But because no one here has ever seen that it becomes a bad decision.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Firstly, not digging my head in the sand, I actually do have things to do beyond this forum. Secondly, I agree that we should have had polter on the bench if he was fit and available. That being said, based on who was there, taking off JET and bringing on Fer made a lot of sense to me. Again, they both are big guys with good feet and like to drop into the spaces in between the defensive and midfield lines to bring in other players. When fer came on, he drew players towards him and generally did a lot of work. Would I have rather Polter come on? sure, but am I going to say it was a bad sub? no, JET is clearly tiring and he's had fitness issues in the past and at times comes across lackadaisical off the ball. He's a great talent and a good player on the ball and occasionally tracks back well. But fer does the same and he was more fit at that point to do damage.
                  As for whether I think we played well, yea I do. We defended really well for one of the first times this season against a team on form. We were consistent for 90 minutes as opposed to the last 40 or so. All the players knew what their job was and created chances as a result. To have 10 shots inside the box is impressive to be honest and shows that we have the impetus to go forward. To do that while keeping a clean sheet is mightily impressive as well. If you think that Fer played in midfield, you should see the positions where he took his touches because they were primarily in and around the box. He and Jet - as I have already said - occupy the same spaces.
                  Am I here trolling or just to wind people up? Of course not, just because I'm positive doesn't make me a troll. I'm sorry that I'm not doom and gloom or that I don't take what I see with my eyes as the absolute fact but that's how I am. I don't have 20 20 vision and even if I did, I wouldn't trust my eyes enough to discount the numbers laid in front of me.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

All players need game time to get going....how many minutes has Polter had? Absolutely ridiculous to right him off when he's hardly even played a full league game

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      All players need game time to get going....how many minutes has Polter had? Absolutely ridiculous to right him off when he's hardly even played a full league game
                      I agree with this, one of the mistakes has been not utilising him enough. There is a good player there, someone who runs for the team and who chases people down and seems to be an aerial asset but there must be something behind the scenes that is putting him out of the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        I agree with this, one of the mistakes has been not utilising him enough. There is a good player there, someone who runs for the team and who chases people down and seems to be an aerial asset but there must be something behind the scenes that is putting him out of the picture.
                        Can only assume it is the same behind the scenes stuff that is keeping Yun from being in the first team squad, which is absolutely criminal when we are lacking pace at LB

Comment

strange decision to take off JET unless he was injured would have taken off toszer. saw a lot of positives tonite and they showed fight , still say we don't move the ball quickly enough and we lacked quality throughout the team. we need a player like their barry bannan he was all over the pitch and involved in anything good they did

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            strange decision to take off JET unless he was injured would have taken off toszer. saw a lot of positives tonite and they showed fight , still say we don't move the ball quickly enough and we lacked quality throughout the team. we need a player like their barry bannan he was all over the pitch and involved in anything good they did
                            Bannan looked great in deep positions didn't he. Was absolutely rapid and just kept moving and trying to cause problems. Was their only real outlet beyond Nuhiu who clint dealt with mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Can only assume it is the same behind the scenes stuff that is keeping Yun from being in the first team squad, which is absolutely criminal when we are lacking pace at LB
                              I do think that Yun will get back into the team soon enough. Polter might be a while after what apparently happened on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Hey Nasser
                                Not sure which end you're referring to there West!!
                                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                                X