Formation 4-6-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Keep posting, mate. You sometimes drive me nuts, because I can never see the game in the way that you do. I have the odd pop, but I'm not knocking you. In fact, tbh, I would love to be you.... To have left that game happy and contented, to think subbing Jet with Fer was brilliant tactics.... Oh boy. That would have been something....
    Haha.Posts like this is what I like about this site. Fair play. Ok almost
    Last edited by Shania; 21-10-2015, 03:57 PM.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      2 shots on target. And the statistics also showed that 6 shots were blocked and only one of those were outside the box. Meanwhile, none of their shots were blocked or on target. All off target and only 1 or 2 were particularly close. Calling it tedious is an opinion but at least you acknowledge that. My opinion was that I enjoyed watching that game, happy to see a clean sheet and signs of improvement at the back. Happy to see Sandro starting and finishing a full game. Happy to see Luongo back in the starting line up too.

Also, I don't do it just to be different, I do it because thats legitimately how I feel.
      OK 2 shots was it, I could only really remember the Chery one that was saved, maybe there was one after 85 mins when I left as I couldn't take any more.

You are obviously way more easily pleased than me is all I can say, and I consider myself to be fairly upbeat

Comment

• Matters arising. CR is learning his trade - our chairman chose to install someone with no experience. Any blame has to be aimed at the people who made (and imo have consistently made) ludicrous, naive appointments. Other credible candidates were available during the Redknapp meltdown (inc Bilic, the world and his wife seemed to know he wanted to come back to London, even WATRB knew ;) - and that was before Big Sam and WHU imploded.)

Secondly - we have to stop leaking goals, priority number one. There is some evidence that progress is being made in that direction, but it wont matter if it yields two shots on target over 90m down the other end of the field. At home.

Thirdly, you can play no strikers at all and still be a pretty potent attacking force (Spain at their best). Unfortunately you need a lot of tactical suss and some very useful players to make it happen....

Comment

• Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
          Nasser. Just out of interest, assuming all the squad are fit, using all the stats and other information you have collected,plus what you have watched with your own eyes what would your starting 11 be and how would you line the team up.
          That's actually a good question. I have a useless lecture tomorrow morning, will try and sift through all of it to find out who I'd put in.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            There are so many issues with last night's game, 4-6-0 is just the tip of the iceberg. The persistence in using Toszer, who is the least talented and worse defensively of all our midfielders. Yes, worse than Henry. Our best defensive midfielders, Faurlin and Doughty, sat out the 90 on the bench. Criminal.

The continual flip-flop decisions around the defence. When was the last time Ramsey played the same back four in consecutive games? Who sanctioned the Perch transfer? The failure to play Hall in the next match following our last clean sheet I've already banged on about.

Having a striker who apparently can't play for 90 minutes? I mean seriously, WTF? Seeing as Toszer was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard in front of our defence, he should have come off for Fer, not JET. And why wasn't Fer on from the start??

Everything about last night was a mess. The bottom line is, Ramsey is out of his depth at this level. Warnock can't take over soon enough.
            Hasn't been great until yesterday Tozser but I saw a different player. He made 3 tackles and all of them successful, only Sandro on our side and wiggins on theirs made more (5 each). He also made two interceptions. Not only defensively did he contribute but he made 5 key passes yesterday, more than anyone on the pitch and held possession of the ball for more than any outfield player on that pitch except Bannan, not being dispossessed on the ball once. His passing is ok at 75 percent and will improve but he did have a solid game yesterday defensively and offensively.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Purely by the grace of Clint Hill's voodoo doll and the most helpful ref we've ever had. How we didn't concede at least one penalty is beyond me. Yeah, it was a statistical clean sheet, but it was hardy an accomplished defensive performance.
              Actually we kept a clean sheet primarily down to the fact that their target man was weak against hill and ned held off their wing players for long enough to not make them a danger to our goal.

Comment

• sometimes u watch a game and its got 0-0 written all over it , they would have more than likely have missed the penalty if it had been awarded , neither team deserved to win and i reckon if they were still playing now it would probably be scoreless

Comment

Purely by the grace of Clint Hill's voodoo doll and the most helpful ref we've ever had. How we didn't concede at least one penalty is beyond me. Yeah, it was a statistical clean sheet, but it was hardy an accomplished defensive performance.
                  So a clean sheet and your still not happy with the defensive performance?

YOU JUST CANT WIN SOMETIMES!

Comment

Hardly an accomplished defensive performance?
                    We kept a farking clean sheet! We didn't let any goals in! What more do you want from a defence? Christ alive.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Hardly an accomplished defensive performance?
                      We kept a farking clean sheet! We didn't let any goals in! What more do you want from a defence? Christ alive.
                      Mad aint it.

Tbh I think it has go to a point with Ramsey that some people dislike him / want him out THAT much that quite literally nothing will do, nothing is good enough. Whatever he says is wrong, whatever he does is wrong and that will not change unfortunately.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Both of the above replies to my post are disingenuous. And I dare say you both know it. Statistically, yes, great - a clean sheet. But you're misunderstanding my point (whether wilfully, I don't know). The defence is still a mess. We were VERY lucky to keep a clean sheet. This is NOT some kind of new dawn. All the issues that have been plaguing the defence are still there. That is my point FFS.

Comment

Both of the above replies to my post are disingenuous. And I dare say you both know it. Statistically, yes, great - a clean sheet. But you're misunderstanding my point (whether wilfully, I don't know). The defence is still a mess. We were VERY lucky to keep a clean sheet. This is NOT some kind of new dawn. All the issues that have been plaguing the defence are still there. That is my point FFS.
                          Moan all you want. I personally am happy we kept a clean sheet. gives them a bit of confidence at the back

Comment

Both of the above replies to my post are disingenuous. And I dare say you both know it. Statistically, yes, great - a clean sheet. But you're misunderstanding my point (whether wilfully, I don't know). The defence is still a mess. We were VERY lucky to keep a clean sheet. This is NOT some kind of new dawn. All the issues that have been plaguing the defence are still there. That is my point FFS.
                            good post , you can put a plaster on a cut , but you've still got the cut

Comment

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              good post , you can put a plaster on a cut , but you've still got the cut
                              Plaster should heal up that cut nicely though if its left on. Same theory applies here, get the performance right and work from that.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Plaster should heal up that cut nicely though if its left on. Same theory applies here, get the performance right and work from that.
                                Yes, that's a reasonable point.

Comment

Working...
                                X