• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
    We have players but we don't have a team
    Absolutely nail on head.

Comment

It is frustrating because on paper we have arguably the best team in the league. Not without downsides, such as defensively on paper decent but not outstanding and no top level back up for Charlie, but most clubs would kill for our squad in this division.

Against that we have some players that both we and they thought would end up in the Premiership and haven't. Disappointing for them and has not allowed us to shape the squad as we expected. That has bound to have unsettled both those players and in some cases maybe those who thought they were being brought in to replace them and now find themselves down the pecking order. We have also had a large change in both outgoing and incoming players as you usually get with a relegated side. Plus side to that is we have some very talented players at this level we thought we wouldn't.

I can only compare it to our last season in this division. I prefer this season. We are leaking goals like mad but also scoring. Most of the 'Arry promotion season the football was dire and we carried very little threat. Yes we had a better start points wise but there is an element of football that has to be about entertainment and there was none. If we can click defensively and sort out defensive side of midfield I feel we could be both successful in this division and be entertaining.

Is Ramsey the right man? No idea to be honest. Defensively we are feeble. Midfield packed with talent but not working consistently. These are things Ramsey needs to address. Perhaps having Warnock as an adviser with his experience generally and at this level in particular will be a big help but he has only just stepped in the door so will need time to have any impact. I do like the concept of what the club are trying to do. Sometimes it does take time for things to work.

There is some hope. Both Angella and Tozser haven't got into their stride yet, having joined very late on, but were important parts of the Watford team last season. Sandro only just back in side as is Fer.

I'm happy to give Ramsey more time but need to start seeing signs team is gelling and becoming more solid sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        OK serious question and not looking for a row but how many games are you actually getting to and seeing with your own eyes?? I only ask as you seem more then content and comfortable with what is occurring and confident the tide will turn

Where as I have been less then impressed and had concerns from first game of season and even concerned when reflecting on games we have won. What are you witnessing that me and others are not???
        I've been to every home game in the last 5 years. I watch every game in detail, I watch the 90 minutes after the game finishes on player (only this season) and I check all the stats at the end of every game and in most cases during the game.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I've been to every home game in the last 5 years. I watch every game in detail, I watch the 90 minutes after the game finishes on player (only this season) and I check all the stats at the end of every game and in most cases during the game.
          And after all that you still can't see what everyone else sees?

Amazing

Comment

Are you Rain Man?
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Never has the phrase "Should have gone to Specsavers" been so fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                It is frustrating because on paper we have arguably the best team in the league. Not without downsides, such as defensively on paper decent but not outstanding and no top level back up for Charlie, but most clubs would kill for our squad in this division.

Against that we have some players that both we and they thought would end up in the Premiership and haven't. Disappointing for them and has not allowed us to shape the squad as we expected. That has bound to have unsettled both those players and in some cases maybe those who thought they were being brought in to replace them and now find themselves down the pecking order. We have also had a large change in both outgoing and incoming players as you usually get with a relegated side. Plus side to that is we have some very talented players at this level we thought we wouldn't.

I can only compare it to our last season in this division. I prefer this season. We are leaking goals like mad but also scoring. Most of the 'Arry promotion season the football was dire and we carried very little threat. Yes we had a better start points wise but there is an element of football that has to be about entertainment and there was none. If we can click defensively and sort out defensive side of midfield I feel we could be both successful in this division and be entertaining.

Is Ramsey the right man? No idea to be honest. Defensively we are feeble. Midfield packed with talent but not working consistently. These are things Ramsey needs to address. Perhaps having Warnock as an adviser with his experience generally and at this level in particular will be a big help but he has only just stepped in the door so will need time to have any impact. I do like the concept of what the club are trying to do. Sometimes it does take time for things to work.

There is some hope. Both Angella and Tozser haven't got into their stride yet, having joined very late on, but were important parts of the Watford team last season. Sandro only just back in side as is Fer.

I'm happy to give Ramsey more time but need to start seeing signs team is gelling and becoming more solid sooner rather than later.
                This is a great post mate and I don't disagree with any of it. Frustrating as hell.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Are you Rain Man?
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Fair play but as Jimmy says how can you then defend what is going on and being served up. Tuesday forget checking and being distracted by the stats and just watch the pitch for 90mins and watch how disjointed and disorganised we are even when we win.

I know your big on stats which is fair enough but there not a patch on watching what is actually happening

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                      And after all that you still can't see what everyone else sees?

Amazing
                      Actually I do see what everyone else sees. I just look for more as well.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Actually I do see what everyone else sees. I just look for more as well.
                        So why you so confident things are going to change???

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Fair play but as Jimmy says how can you then defend what is going on and being served up. Tuesday forget checking and being distracted by the stats and just watch the pitch for 90mins and watch how disjointed and disorganised we are even when we win.

I know your big on stats which is fair enough but there not a patch on watching what is actually happening
                          Actually I check the stats at half time so I'm generally only on the game for the 90 and I see the disorganisation and disjointedness but I also see the times where we actually do things right and those are things most other people overlook because the eyes only see what they want.

Comment

the only backers left now are nasser and the qpr boardroom, along with les.

wonder where uncle bungle and amit are? not a peep out of them.

they probably have more important things to deal with instead of our club.

come on uncle bozo the clown, give us a tweet.

#dreammanager
                            #wehavelearnt
                            #ambition
                            #warrenfarm
                            #notgotafarkingclue
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Actually I check the stats at half time so I'm generally only on the game for the 90 and I see the disorganisation and disjointedness but I also see the times where we actually do things right and those are things most other people overlook because the eyes only see what they want.
                              Tbf though, stats are a total nonsense most of the time. The stats can read that we had 80% possession, 100% pass success rate, 95% tackle success rate etc, but if we don't score and they have 1 successful cross and their man is totally unmarked in our box and scores a free header & we lose 1-0, what use are those positive stats? Reading so deeply into such numbers is just massively overcomplicating the very simple basics of the game that we currently cannot get right.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

They presumably didn't expect that answer Nasser. Fair play to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X