Dwight Gale again - Bristol City!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Got a text from Sky Sports saying QPR want Nathan Byrne from Swindon to replace Austin if he goes.
    Perfect. A RB/RW as a replacement for Austin

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
      Probably because they havent mindlessly sp*nked the best part of a quarter billion in 4 years
      Fair point

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Who the hell is happy for us to drop to League 1? Mental if they are.

Nothing wrong with spending a few million if you're selling players for even more millions, that;s just common sense. Can't sell all your assets and nor re-invest or you may as well be Dover FC or some shite.
        I agree, when I was young I never dreamt of us getting relegated and bringing in small signings from lower leagues. I wanted us the win the first division and spend millions on players to make us great. We tried and it didn't work but I still want us to do spend big but it seems the funds have dried up sadly and we may have missed our one chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
          I'm sorry but this is what a lot of people wanted and now we have it.

So many people wanted us to stop buying players for millions and go back to bringing youth players through and buying cheap players from lower leagues but were happy for it to take years and us to drop down a division or two.

1 game and suddenly those same people want to go back to spending millions. You can't have it both ways.
          Well you can if you re-invest funds from player sales to go alongside the main plan of bring through youth but the real point is that we aren't sp*nking millions on salaries and fees for players who are on their last pay day or would rather be somewhere else

Comment

Maybe the Mittals should help us out abit you know they're only worth a small amount of 13.6 billion dollars

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Not back to spending millions.... Spending just 1 million would be frickin good!

Not only that, people werent crying out for us to STOP spending millions totally... People were crying out for us to spend millions on the right type of players! i.e. Younger players like Gayle and Gray.
              We spent 7.37 million so far this season. We've just spread it out better. We do not need to spend 6 mil on someone like gayle when two years ago we spent 3 million on austin and 4 million on phillips. The players we have brought in now along with who we have at the club are good enough to succeed long term for us. When an opportunity arises to 'replace' outgoing players once a solid deal has come into play, I am certain the club won't allow the player to leave until we have a replacement sorted as well. Just because things haven't been reported, doesn't mean we don't have targets either as some on here have noted.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO 28 mins28 minutes ago
                Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle set to snub move to Bristol City. #cpfc.......

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO 28 mins28 minutes ago
                  Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle set to snub move to Bristol City. #cpfc.......
                  SSN just said palace accepted bid of 6M maybe rising to 8M from BCFC....the player may have other ideas tho

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    I didn't.....
                    me neither, i wanted sensible spending on good championship players, not haggling with league 2 teams over a matter of pence.

#scrapeingthebarrel
                    #bargainbasement
                    #cheapaschips
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      me neither, i wanted sensible spending on good championship players, not haggling with league 2 teams over a matter of pence.

#scrapeingthebarrel
                      #bargainbasement
                      #cheapaschips
                      Yep spot on hits

Comment

We need to get involved in this... I don't see where we can find another decent championship striker for this sort of money...

After going the game last night and watching polter I reckon a partnership of him and gayle would be pretty decent at this level.

6 mill rising to 8 of promoted is very good business.

Comment

He is yet to agree personal terms. Let's see.
                          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                          X