No announcement yet.

Dwight Gale again - Bristol City!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right....now I'm getting concerned. Thats now Gayle and Gray off the market near enough- 2 realistic replacements for Austin WHEN (not if) he is sold.

The club are giving out conflicting information. 1 minute you have Ramsey saying he expects Austin to leave, the next we're seeing the asking price is now 13m not 15m, and then Les comes out and says not only is the price still 15m but we're planning on offering him a new contract if he stays!!

It also doesnt help build confidence when the club are saying they dont have a replacement lined up if he does leave. Considering it's pretty innevitable that he will, this is NOT what the fans need to be hearing, especially after a 2-0 opening day loss.

For all this "lessons learnt " ######## we are constantly spun, admit it, we are ALL expecting another Remy scenario here. Last minute bid, probably from those ######s Spurs who'll get him for cheaper than 15m and at BEST we'll end up with somebody elses reserve team striker on loan.

This is horrible. If he's going to leave, if he WANTS to leave then ####ing sell him. It's doing more damage than good having him around at the moment and I fear his head will only be right if the transfer window closes and he's still here and he has no choice but to put in a shift for us.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Could be wrong, but were some on here not referring to him as Shite Dwight when the Palace fans were getting all excited about signing him?
      Based on what they paid which was rumoured double figure which he was not and is still not worth

Comment

Originally posted by EssexR View Post
        Right....now I'm getting concerned. Thats now Gayle and Gray off the market near enough- 2 realistic replacements for Austin WHEN (not if) he is sold.

The club are giving out conflicting information. 1 minute you have Ramsey saying he expects Austin to leave, the next we're seeing the asking price is now 13m not 15m, and then Les comes out and says not only is the price still 15m but we're planning on offering him a new contract if he stays!!

It also doesnt help build confidence when the club are saying they dont have a replacement lined up if he does leave. Considering it's pretty innevitable that he will, this is NOT what the fans need to be hearing, especially after a 2-0 opening day loss.

For all this "lessons learnt " ######## we are constantly spun, admit it, we are ALL expecting another Remy scenario here. Last minute bid, probably from those ######s Spurs who'll get him for cheaper than 15m and at BEST we'll end up with somebody elses reserve team striker on loan.

This is horrible. If he's going to leave, if he WANTS to leave then ####ing sell him. It's doing more damage than good having him around at the moment and I fear his head will only be right if the transfer window closes and he's still here and he has no choice but to put in a shift for us.
        Have to say I agree.
        The worst thing is that we don`t even seem to be linked with anyone, I think we need another forward even if Chas stays, but with him gone who do we have? Polter...JET ( (not a forward).
        It would be criminal if we don`t even show an interest in Gayle at that price.

Comment

This is why we need to get Austin out ASAP...all the decent forwards will be gone by Friday

Comment

Stuff it, just accept £13mill from someone and be done with it!! We could spend £6 mill on Gray and £6mill on Gayle!

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Stuff it, just accept £13mill from someone and be done with it!! We could spend £6 mill on Gray and £6mill on Gayle!
              I know it`s not as simple as that... but, I`d be over the moon if that happened, young and hungry doesn`t have to come from lower leagues.
              We`d have some serious firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Midgeyboy View Post
                I know it`s not as simple as that... but, I`d be over the moon if that happened, young and hungry doesn`t have to come from lower leagues.
                We`d have some serious firepower.
                Haha if only it were so simple!! I'd be buzzing!

Comment

Originally posted by Discodroid
                  Id prefer glenn murray for a couple of seasons at around 1.5 million. And a decent winger in matt jarvis who could do with a reboot. imho.
                  Iv`e liked ALL your posts so far, even the early morning cryptic ones that gave me I migraine trying to work out....but not this one.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    Haha if only it were so simple!! I'd be buzzing!
                    agreed...would be quality though.

Comment

#### sake. Quality signing for Brizzle, we take a striker they don't want and they sign Gayle. It's going to be Cole isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        At that price we should get involved
                        Yep. How have they got 6 big ones to throw about. Disappointing.

Comment

Tony ain't interested anymore imo....Seen these signs before, no outlay, just cashing in the few chips we have, presto ...........

Anyone remember the Ray Harford tenure......this feels like that time again

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                            Tony ain't interested anymore imo....Seen these signs before, no outlay, just cashing in the few chips we have, presto ...........

Anyone remember the Ray Harford tenure......this feels like that time again
                            How can people still say no outlay. If you don't sell, you don't buy and why should we sell anything below our asking price. Everyone here was saying how the actual board of the club will crack before deadline and sell for less than our asking price and now that they aren't, everyone seems upset at that. Get a grip everyone, its one game into the season.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                              Yep. How have they got 6 big ones to throw about. Disappointing.
                              Probably because they havent mindlessly sp*nked the best part of a quarter billion in 4 years

Comment

I'm sorry but this is what a lot of people wanted and now we have it.

So many people wanted us to stop buying players for millions and go back to bringing youth players through and buying cheap players from lower leagues but were happy for it to take years and us to drop down a division or two.

1 game and suddenly those same people want to go back to spending millions. You can't have it both ways.

Comment

Working...
                                X