James Perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrbourne21 View Post
    So come on then , if he "####" who would you realistic buy instead , be interested to know
    Darren Purse is available.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      His sh1t... We could sign Darren Purse from non league Staines and some of you lot would say its a cracking solid signing.

Released by Newcastle, relegated twice with Wigan and closing on 30 years of age - No thank you.
      Nah 38 is a bit too old mate, was he playing championship football last season (as we are next season)?

Comment

• Berra - Ipswich
        Lewis Dunk - Brighton
        Bamba - Leeds
        Byram - Leeds

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
          Nah 38 is a bit too old mate, was he playing championship football last season (as we are next season)?
          Any old 29 year old defender... obviously.

Comment

Berra - Ipswich
            Lewis Dunk - Brighton
            Bamba - Leeds
            Byram - Leeds
            All of which are better to be fair.
            But I doubt any of them would be made available.
            Regarding Dunk, Brighton were dogsh!t last season, does that mean he is too?
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              All of which are better to be fair.
              But I doubt any of them would be made available.
              Regarding Dunk, Brighton were dogsh!t last season, does that mean he is too?
              Dunk's 23... Brighton werent great last season but the season before when they got to the play-off semis, he played every game

Doesnt seem Perch is available either considering they've knock back a bid of ours or two

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Got to say I need to hold my hands up and say my critism of Perch is a little unfair.

Really thinking about it[B] I think he'd be a fantastic squid player [/B]who's versatile and I like he can play rb and cb when needed. Good championship experience and I think was harsh to tarnish him with the he's rubbish brush because of Wigans fate last year.
                Everything I have seen and read on him says he was a exception to a very poor squad last year.

If we get him for 750 k I don't think anyone can complain.
                You think?....Not a tad shellfish?....I spose he cod be alright, does a nice back eel. Although flounders a bit with pace.
                But maybe we could find a plaice for him. I trout he'll have many better offers, no need to flex our financial mussel here.

Comment

Berra - Ipswich
                  Lewis Dunk - Brighton
                  Bamba - Leeds
                  Byram - Leeds
                  Perch isnt being bought to play CB so 3 of those choices are sort of irrelevant, the other (Byram) was being quoted at £ 5mill so I reckon you probably need to lower your expectations. Also as previously said, CR says we need 3 or 4 defenders so can we not buy Perch and one of these or others?

Comment

Dunk's 23... Brighton werent great last season but the season before when they got to the play-off semis, he played every game
                    but the season before last Wigan got to the playoffs where Perch played every game and then they had a bad season last year like Brighton, isnt that very similar circumstances?

Comment

Berra - Ipswich
                      Lewis Dunk - Brighton
                      Bamba - Leeds
                      Byram - Leeds
                      Also Berra and Bamba are older than Perch

Comment

Perch isnt being bought to play CB so 3 of those choices are sort of irrelevant, the other (Byram) was being quoted at £ 5mill so I reckon you probably need to lower your expectations. Also as previously said, CR says we need 3 or 4 defenders so can we not buy Perch and one of these or others?
                        I have the feeling any point i make you will find a reason to disagree or not even acknowledge i have a point. So be well... You stick to ya James Perch mate.

Quality player and much better than all of the ones i have suggested...

Comment

Berra - Ipswich
                          Lewis Dunk - Brighton
                          Bamba - Leeds
                          Byram - Leeds
                          Saw dunk playing for Brighton on Sunday against Aberdeen, looked a good player but couldnt stop Brighton losing to a second string Aberdeen team so I'm not so sure. Berra was good until he left for England about 5 years ago and can be very unreliable, only recently got recalled to the Scotland squad. Bamba is a bit of a horse, very immobile and was pretty dodgy when I saw him play for hibs and Dunfermline a few years ago

Comment

but the season before last Wigan got to the playoffs where Perch played every game and then they had a bad season last year like Brighton, isnt that very similar circumstances?
                            Not really when one is 30 and the other is 23

Comment

I have the feeling any point i make you will find a reason to disagree or not even acknowledge i have a point. So be well...
                              Because you dont have a point. If its a coherent and consistent point, then i cannot dispute that but the reasons you are giving aren't, as explained above. It seems you say he is too old and then suggest players that are older and then you say he has been relegated so must be **** but many players in the past have been relegated and still done well after. Maybe its not as glamorous signing as you had hoped but we aren't going to be making any of those for a while

Comment

Not really when one is 30 and the other is 23
                                29 mate not 30. so the point about the team performances is irrelevant and its purely based on age for you?

Comment

Working...
                                X